Why no Tate.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Why no Tate.

First of all everybody take a bow to the hooded one. This defense was lights out and the credit goes to BB period.

My question is why wasn't tate been used in the passing game. I really thought he would line up with branch on the outside and stretch the field. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Why no Tate.

There was a lot of puzzling play calling by O'brien today.  Maybe they want to work him in slow?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Play calling being puzzling is an understatement. We forgot we had the option to run the ball. We ended up with an ok rush # but it was after the first 25 minutes and sporadic in the 2nd half. The Play action pass worked for the majority of the game but it didn't really fool the ravens. they knew we were going PA....They just couldn't stop it. Imagine if we had committed to a run game? Imagine the impact on the passing game? I wish we had a better balance. we would really be scary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Reiss showed a metric that illustrated how the passing offense was more efficient with Tate on the field. Apparently he has the same effect as Moss, he pulls people away from the center of the field north-bound. 

I hope they find a way to work him in more often, but I think the question involves trying to find a way to get Hern and Gronk on the field at the same time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Anyone else think about Reche on Hernandez's drop(s)?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Maybe they tried a bunch of deep balls to Tate in practice and learned that it's just not there yet.  The route, the run, the pass, the adjustment all have to be in sync.  If he wasn't catching them in practice he probly won't in the game.  Maybe next week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Why no Tate.:
    Play calling being puzzling is an understatement. We forgot we had the option to run the ball. We ended up with an ok rush # but it was after the first 25 minutes and sporadic in the 2nd half. The Play action pass worked for the majority of the game but it didn't really fool the ravens. they knew we were going PA....They just couldn't stop it. Imagine if we had committed to a run game? Imagine the impact on the passing game? I wish we had a better balance. we would really be scary.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I agree it was pretty odd. Woody was having some success running just outside of the right edge....then poof, empty backfield during the latter part of the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Why no Tate.:
    Anyone else think about Reche on Hernandez's drop(s)?
    Posted by 3SB-rings

Well, Hernandez sort of has an excuse - he's a rookie and doesn't have the scared wide-eyed lookLaughing

but yeah, the drops had me yelling at the tv

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I think the twenty year old got over-amped in overtime...that's pretty understandable...he's been there and done that...he's learning...he'll be fine....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The first of Hernandez's drops was just because he looked upfield before he caught the ball. (Catch it before you start planning your run!) The second was harder to figure out from where I was sitting (in the third deck, with Hernandez's back to me as he was making the catch) but I have a feeling he may have been thinking too hard to make up for the last drop.  So far, he's shown very good hands so I'm not too worried.  These were two basic mental mistakes that we haven't seen him make before and that I doubt he'll make much again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tate hasn't really been getting all that open I don't think.  I suspect his route running isn't as sharp as it needs to be yet. It seems like he's jammed up along the sideline a lot.

Sections
Shortcuts