Why not Anquan Boldin??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toober. Show toober's posts

Why not Anquan Boldin??

There have been numerous reports regarding the cardinals most likely trading their stud wide out....he'd play a perfect role in that hes a possession receiver as opposed to randy being a deep threat...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Re: Why not Anquan Boldin??

Boldin would be a perfect fit. He is tough as nails and would be the perfect compliment to moss. He also is 29 and would be able to be the the future with welker, edelman, and tate. A little concerned about the injury past and the price tag, but this is the type of move that would really energize the offense.

i think it will take either a 2nd this year or our 1st next year-- i think he is worth it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

He wants mad bank. No thats why the answer to him would be no. Would have 1 year left and would just be a 1 year cog for one of the seconds. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

They would need to work out a long-term deal and he would need to be paid like a #1 receiver, but unless the demands are outragous, i believe he would bring a real toughness to the offense (similar to what edelman and welker bring). It is time to prepare for life post moss (2010 probably being his last year). Boldin is a tough guy and a proven receiver in this league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If not for his injury problems I'd be on board this one also. But you have to ask yourself if you want another injury-prone veteran on this team. He watched his Cards win and lose from the sidelines in the playoffs again this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

4 WORDS, HE CAN'T STAY HEALTHY......................

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

Call me crazy but with AB health issues and close to 30, I would prefer we trade for Brandon Marshall.  I know he is "a diva with baggage" but with Brady as his QB and Moss as a his mentor, he could be a great fit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

I will take boldin and his injury past over marshall and his attitude any day. It is one thing to have moss on our team and accept his sensitive nature but an entirely different thing to have moss mentoring marshall.

Moss has been a great player for the pats and seems to be a good guy, but it has become clear that he is not a leader. He is looked up to by other players and has a great attitude when things are going well but HE needs to be led and coddled  when the going gets tough.

boldin has missed significant time, however, he has played in the majority of the games each year and there is no questioning his desire to play through injuries-

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

CTPAT Im a huge fan, but why wouldnt you Marshell instead? I think hes just a better all around receiver. Marshell reminds me of Moss in terms of producing at an extremely high level while playing with chit QBs. Moss is the only elite rec. that had a monster career with duds like George, Cassell, Ferrotte, Culpepper, Collins, Brooks, hes only been with Brady 2 years out of 12. Marshell has had incredible success playing with a better version of Jeff George in Jay "pick n stick" Cutler. And showed he can do the same with a completely type of QB in Kyle Orten. I actually like him, he doesnt throw picks, doesnt fumble, and doesnt make excuses when things dont go his way. And considering 12 admitted it took him a couple of years to learn the system, Orten has done an admirable job this year when you think of that and the expectations put on him. Marshell is a rare breed of receiver, hes a guy who will catch 90-100 balls, gain 11-1250 and grab 7-9 TD's. I think all that production would continue to rise considering who he would be playing with. Brady at QB, Moss opposite of him, I believe teams gave up the underneath stuff with a smile to WW. Content with giving WW all the short slants, bubble screens and quick outs he wants knowing hes not a guy who could put up 6. Having Marshell would be a huge upgrade from WW , teams would kill themselves off the field worrying about who to double, who to press, and do the same on the field by picking thier poison. I love WW, but slot receivers can be replaced, guys like Marshell are few and far between. I also believe Edelman can replace Welker, Wes had tremendous physical gifts and from first glance Edelman possess most if not all of them. Theres a big difference between being quick and being fast, Welker had some speed, but made his living off of his quickness, reaction and instincts. Hes a great example of someone who has fast-twitch fibers, Edelman has that same quickness, and his reaction and instincts seem are as good. He also has more speed, you can see it in his acceleration which reminds me of D-Jacksons. Those three could easily be the top rec. corp in the league. It amazes me how little interest there is for him, at least on this site. Hes 26  6 4'/225lb who can run/jump and catches almost everything thrown his way. He can be that possesion receiver, stretch the field and give you 7-10 TD's a year. Theres a relationship there with McJosh and everyone knows Marshell and Denver are done, no way I would give up a 1st rounder for Q, no way. I think we could get Marshell for our second number two, if we were intent on Q it would really pain me to give up more than a 3. I think Marshell is just better, hes younger, catches more balls, will give you as much YAC and will get into the end zone just as much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I could give you about ten million reasons why Boldin isn't a good option...and that's not including his propensity for injury! Brandon Marshall may be an option, but he'd have to have an attitude adjustment, and sell BB on it first. But if they are going to spend any significant money on the offense I'd rather see an upgrade on the line. They can pick up a third WR on the cheap, and develop a young guy to take over for Moss in time. Though there is probably no cap next year, they won't make any crazy moves as that would have long term ramifications. They really need to lock up Vince before spending big money in FA, IMO. They should also replace AD, as he doesn't seem to be that good a fit in this system. Rex Ryan let him do a lot of freelancing, but he's just not as much of an impact in a structured system. They need another Willie, a guy who will make those big defensive plays late in the game. If they protect Brady (and Welker comes back from his knee injury) they still have a great offense. A decent third to play across from Randy would be nice, but I suspect it might be a draftee who is put in that spot, or a veteran without the huge price tag. We've been through this before three years ago. They signed Moss and Welker who made them the best offense in the league. But when it came down to the nitty gritty in AZ, it was a big play on defense they really needed, and didn't get. Although Boldin would be a huge weapon for Brady, I just don't see it as a cost effective signing. And not the biggest area of need, either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I would take Boldin for sure. Give up a 2nd rounder for him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

WR wise, I am almost leaning toward getting some very good but not great WRs.  Before Moss, Brady spread the ball.  Every game a comment would be made that "today he hit 13 receivers for xxx yards"  Now it is all about Moss and Welker and although I am glad we have both, we are more predictable.  And due to that, it seems we are not as good when it matters.  I know most here wont agree with me, and would want the next new star, but I want the O we used to have, that New Orleans has now.  Good but not great WRs that have the ball spread around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I would much rather have Flyod or Jackson from the Chargers, I believe both are free agents this year.  Jackson would come at a very high $$ but Flyod is also a big fast receiver who should be a bit more manageable.

Bolding can't stay on the field, Marshall is a very good receiver but if he can't work with BB Jr. what makes you think he'll be able to play for the real BB?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Can't see BB spending big bucks plus draft pick(s).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

lets face it, BB is never gna make a ballsy trade like this. The patriots need a playmaker and this could be an answer but BB is all about the future and piling up draft picks but that hasnt worked out at all well over the past few seasons (except Mayo and possibly Butler) He needs to step up and make a big trade for some big name players, and PAY THEM! the patriots can not live off cheap alternatives, the patriots will crumble if we lose Wilfork. I would love to see Boldin or Marshall here but its never going to happen....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would rather see and more realistically can see as well, Floyd.  He would be a great compliment to Moss/Edelman/Welker

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I'd rather take chances on marshall vs. boldin. We definitely need a new #2 opposite of Moss. Edelman will probably do fine in place of Welker next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Floyd will probably be half the price of those 2.  That is one reason I would grab him.  I would rather see our FA dollar spent on D and OL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

I could see Boldin going to the colts. We always overpay for free agents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Under, you really think your biggest need is WR?  With Collie, Garcon, Wayne etc? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

We always go for offense in free agency. Polian won't mind over paying to make Peyton happy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Floyd is 6'5" 220lbs who runs a 4.44 40, he will defanately will not pull the $$s Marsharll, Jackson will.  He has been a true #2 in San Diego but has the ability to be a #1.  He will benefit from Moss getting double coverage and underneath help to count for Edelman.

I think if we can get him, Tate comes back healthy and can contribute as well as the 4th receiver we would have a great offense BUT we need a RB that scares Ds to help playaction. 

I also wouldn't mind seeing us take a run at Golden Tate if he's there in the second round or another giant receiver like Danario Alexander who is projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  If at the combine this kid can run under 4.50 he's stock will be on the rise.  He's 6'5" 215lbs from Missouri.

So if this all comes true this would be a 5 WR set for the Pats

#1 Moss #2 Floyd #3 Edelman #4 Tate #5 Alexander (rookie) (if golden tate is drafted then he's #3 and edelman 4 the other tate 5 but I don't think he's available when we pick) either way I think this would be a major improvement from this year and when you throw Welker into the mix late next year this would be a strength, Brady will have all sorts of open options.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

is floyd a free agent in an uncapped year? have the chargers made any indication they are planning on moving him?

Boldin is in play because the arizona and boldin both seem ready to part ways-

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Would rather give up the coin and get Brandon Marshall? Anyone agree? He is younger and would flourish in NE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

mc as I said before, he can't play for BB Jr. what makes you think he'll be any better (attitude) with the real BB?  He's an amazing talent but talent is overshadowed by how big of a primadona he is.  I personally think we need leaders and selfless players not bring an AD on offense.

Sections
Shortcuts