Why not much talk about Cedric Benson to the pats???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Why not much talk about Cedric Benson to the pats???

Its been kinda surprising i havent heard more talk about people wanting Cedric on the pats. The guy has posted 3  1,000 yard seasons in a row and he's just sitting on the free agent market ready to be had with a low cost 1 year deal. Pats could def use a veteran running back like cedric to go along with there two second year backs. what you all think???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Why not much talk about Cedric Benson to the pats???

look at his ypc average and his fum numbers. The amount of yards he had is a misleading considering the shear amount of carries he had in those seasons. Honestly if you normalize the carries his numbers were worse then BJGE over that stretch given the amount of fumbles/carry. I think people would rather take the chance on Vereen and Ridley who have shown hints of ability to average over 4 ypc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

He was getting upset last year that Bernard Scott was stealing some of his carries. Don't think he'd fit very well in the Pats' pass happy offense. If they're going with a vet I'd like to see someone that will accept whatever role is asked of him and be a good role model for Vereen and Ridley. Benson has cleaned up his act over the years but I'd still prefer someone who wasn't arrested multiple times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

NOPE....not a good fit...besides we are all set at RB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skorpion76. Show skorpion76's posts

Time for the Patriots to let the young backs prove their worth. I think they are going to see what they have in the OTA's and mini camps and what not and if they dont like what they see im sure they will bring a vet back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Why not much talk about Cedric Benson to the pats???:
    Its been kinda surprising i havent heard more talk about people wanting Cedric on the pats. The guy has posted 3  1,000 yard seasons in a row and he's just sitting on the free agent market ready to be had with a low cost 1 year deal. Pats could def use a veteran running back like cedric to go along with there two second year backs. what you all think???
    Posted by xXR3S1NXx

No...and it has nothing to do with his off-field issues. He's fumbled 12 times over the past two seasons: http://www.nfl.com/player/cedricbenson/2506343/careerstats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Retread

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Fumbles. lack of effectiveness. Just about in his 30s.

Also, google "Cedric Benson Gay", suddenly it makes sense why NOBODY seems to want the guy. Anger issues, and possibly trying to lead a double life are not conducive to productive RBs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Why not much talk about Cedric Benson to the pats???:
    Time for the Patriots to let the young backs prove their worth. I think they are going to see what they have in the OTA's and mini camps and what not and if they dont like what they see im sure they will bring a vet back.
    Posted by skorpion76

The Pats will carry 4 RBs this season, and a FB. Right now, they only have three RBs...Ridley, Vereen, and Woodhead. One more will be added via trade, or through the draft. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Hey everybody, let's talk about the Pats picking up Cedric Benson!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Why not much talk about Cedric Benson to the pats???:
    He was who I predicted the Pats to pick up. They may still get him, just probably letting him sit so they can lowball him and ask "who else is gonna sign you" I like him because he is a veteran workhorse. Rusty was telling me Benny was better, and may be, but Benny hasnt played in Cincys offense against the best defensive division in football like Cedric has. He will also be cheaper then Benny, but I thnk they are waiting. There will be better names available after june 1st, like Mike Turner for example.
    Posted by patsfan76

There's a chance Turner will be released. He's 30, and may be on his way out:
    Speaking at the Scouting Combine Saturday, coach Mike Smith indicated Michael Turner will be back with the Falcons in 2012, but with a reduced role.
    "We want to keep (Turner) as our feature back, but we need to make sure we some of the other guys carries as well," said Smith, adding that he wants Turner on a "pitch count in terms of the numbers of carries." Turner has been bandied about as a release candidate after displaying alarmingly little explosiveness for much of 2011, but remains in the Falcons' plans. He could be "asked" to take a pay-cut from his scheduled salary of $5 million, however. With only Jacquizz Rodgers under contract behind Turner, the Falcons are in the market for a running back. Feb 25 - 11:15 AM
    Source: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports.com 
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2641/michael-turner

As for Benson, if you read the posts above, you'll see that he's not Patriot material, for a myriad of reasons...most notably his propensity to fumble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

my reasons

1.)hes one mistake from a year long suspension
    2.)he was barely better then lawfirm on some stats, And fumbled much more often.
    3.)hes old

Why bring in another old back who isnt any better then lawfirm was?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Glad we got that cleared up early....

Sections
Shortcuts