Why not re-sign Lloyd???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Why not re-sign Lloyd???

Why not? Makes sense at this point to do it!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Re: Why not re-sign Lloyd???

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I would take Bennett for the 3rd pick in a heartbeat!

I really liked Lloyd this year. I know he is not elite, but I though he was above average this year when his number was called. BB must know alot more than we do on him or I would have to think that he was plan B or even C. I guess we will see what BB has planned...

I wouldn't be surprised unless they have something else going on. What also could happen is a GM or two calls up BB knowing he was willing to offer a 3rd for Sanders, so why not a similar WR.

Example:

Chicago is in a cap hell. Is Earl Bennett availble for a 3rd?

He's been my choice all along, so you just have to wonder if that new GM up there, knowing they can't resign Bennett, may need to ask him to take a paycut, etc, is probably moving on from the Cutler exxperiment after 2013.

Again, so many of these teams in the cap hell they're in may be afraid to make these kinds of moves because of what the move signifies (scaling back and a rebuild on the fly).

"Due a hefty $2.25 million in 2013, it's possible the Bears will ask Bennett to take a pay-cut. Sun, Dec 30, 2012 05:25:00 PM" - Rotoworld

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well I assume that's a possibility and part of their plan all along. First see if they can get Sanders on the cheap, if not re-sign Lloyd, which I wouldn't be against, with exception that Lloyd isn't a deep guy so maybe they will bring in a young rookie for that.  After all, Lloyd did have a pretty good first season with the Pats to build on.  I really don't see them drafting 2 wide receivers in the draft.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they have a plan on a trade to bring in a good, deeper threat receiver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I wouldn't be surprised unless they have something else going on. What also could happen is a GM or two calls up BB knowing he was willing to offer a 3rd for Sanders, so why not a similar WR.

Example:

Chicago is in a cap hell. Is Earl Bennett availble for a 3rd?

He's been my choice all along, so you just have to wonder if that new GM up there, knowing they can't resign Bennett, may need to ask him to take a paycut, etc, is probably moving on from the Cutler exxperiment after 2013.

Again, so many of these teams in the cap hell they're in may be afraid to make these kinds of moves because of what the move signifies (scaling back and a rebuild on the fly).

"Due a hefty $2.25 million in 2013, it's possible the Bears will ask Bennett to take a pay-cut. Sun, Dec 30, 2012 05:25:00 PM" - Rotoworld

I'd like to see Bennett here. Guy has great hands, hardly ever drops anything thrown to him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

I would LOVE to see this unfold! Great call!

How about this on draft day?

1. Jesse Williams Rd 1 (DT Alabamie).

2. Quinton Patton WR, LA Tech Rd 2.

3. WR Earl Bennett (trade with Chicago) for 3rd rder.

4. Trade Mallet for a 2nd (take Kiko Alonso LB Oregon)

You get your DT, WR and coverage 4-3 LB of the future all before the 4th rd (yes, I realize we currently have no 4th rounder).

Maybe trade a player off to get a mid rder (5th).

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Maybe because he's a mental case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

No more slow wideouts please... Let lloyd stay gone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Will he want to sign (even if we want him)?

Personally, I'd prefer they try the draft first. Lloyd was an upgrade over Branch, but he seemed very limited to me. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

for the league vet minimum, with bonuses as an addition if high performance standards are met.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

for the league minimum, plus bonuses that have high goals of performance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Would you trade for Kenny Britt?  Sure he is a knucklehead but he has a lot of talent.  A year removed from his ACL injury, put up some ok stats with the Titans last year.  At 6'3" 215 lbs he could be a good fit.  Oh, and the dude is smart.  While the ave WR wonderlic score is 17, Britt scored a 21.  To put that into perspective, Sanders scored an 18, Percy Harvin scored a 12, Crabtree 15, Hakeem Nicks an 11.  I think he would pick up the offense quicker then most.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

If they do re-sign Lloyd, I still hope they draft 1 WR, preferably someone who can play outside and has the ability to threaten deep (although not just a deep threat).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Maybe they dont want Lloyd and his strange personality around a possible high draft pick at WR?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VAPATRIOT. Show VAPATRIOT's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would you trade for Kenny Britt?  Sure he is a knicklehead but he has a lot of talent.  A year removed from his ACL injury, put up some ok stats with the Titans last year.  At 6'3" 215 lbs he could be a good fit.  Oh, and the dude is smart.  While the ave WR wonderlic score is 17, Britt scored a 21.  To put that into perspective, Sanders scored an 18, Percy Harvin scored a 12, Crabtree 15, Hakeem Nicks an 11.  I think he would pick up the offense quicker then most.

I like the Kenny Britt idea, (if the Pats could pull it off). Then find a way to draft Patterson, the offense would be unstoppable!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to VAPATRIOT's comment:

[QUOTE]

Would you trade for Kenny Britt?  Sure he is a knicklehead but he has a lot of talent.  A year removed from his ACL injury, put up some ok stats with the Titans last year.  At 6'3" 215 lbs he could be a good fit.  Oh, and the dude is smart.  While the ave WR wonderlic score is 17, Britt scored a 21.  To put that into perspective, Sanders scored an 18, Percy Harvin scored a 12, Crabtree 15, Hakeem Nicks an 11.  I think he would pick up the offense quicker then most.

I like the Kenny Britt idea, (if the Pats could pull it off). Then find a way to draft Patterson, the offense would be unstoppable!

[QUOTE]

Britt is in his las season of his rookie contract.  Not sure he will be there next season, maybe the Titans would be looking to get something for him now instead of him just walking next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

I was expecting a lot more out of Lloyd. I really dont care if the Pats resign him, I would rather see them draft Hunter or Patterson and then try FA next year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Why not re-sign Lloyd??

I think when Lloyd didn't run those balls out Brady lost confidence in him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

I was expecting a lot more out of Lloyd. I really dont care if the Pats resign him, I would rather see them draft Hunter or Patterson and then try FA next year

me neither. He was underwhelming. He was the epitome of finesse - a characterization the Patriots need to shed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

In response to VAPATRIOT's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Britt is in his las season of his rookie contract.  Not sure he will be there next season, maybe the Titans would be looking to get something for him now instead of him just walking next season.

Britt would be amazing with Brady if he could stay out of trouble.  Physically he's everything they are looking for and when healthy he was putting up top 5 WR #s with Hasselback at QB.  Its too bad they still like Locker there because a Mallet for Britt trade would be a good deal for both teams.  I would be stoked if they cold get Britt for that 3rd, moreso than if they had pulled off that trade for Sanders that I was lukewarm on, honestly, provided he's not still a complete knucklehead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Lloyd didn't do a good job here, he was okay. No need to bring him back. 

Lloyd is like the girl you get along with, but she's not really good at anything and you know she's not the one for you. Instead of continuing a relationship with someone you have no feelings for, why not do the right thing and move on and try to do better. 

Draft Markus Wheaton in round 2. Brady likes 5'11 and shorter WRs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

trading for Britt puts you back in a Sanders situation. Pats give up a 3rd, and then have Britt for 1 year. Does he want to hit the open market and have teams bid on him? Do PAts want to extend a guy who has had numerous off field issues? Talent aside, I think Britt is too much a question to extend a the type of money he is expecting

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

How about this on draft day?

1. Jesse Williams Rd 1 (DT Alabamie).

2. Quinton Patton WR, LA Tech Rd 2.

3. WR Earl Bennett (trade with Chicago) for 3rd rder.

4. Trade Mallet for a 2nd (take Kiko Alonso LB Oregon)

You get your DT, WR and coverage 4-3 LB of the future all before the 4th rd (yes, I realize we currently have no 4th rounder).

Maybe trade a player off to get a mid rder (5th).

Rusty do you not feel it's a bit ridiculous that we have 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder at MLB and you're still proposing we draft another not to mention the oldest of the 3 is 27. Can these skills not be developed rather than using another pick on an MLB?

25. This post has been removed.