WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's

He would certainly solve alot of our passrushing needs and free up this draft to shore up the offense for the rest of TB' s tenure here. We could prob work out a deal with KC for our 1st next yr and a 3rd this yr (minn ). Imagine a draft of Julio Jones, Pouncey, ( to take over right away for Koppen ), Ingram/Leshoure, and Moffett. You would have to resign Light and the tender is on Mankins for one yr, Draft say Barksdale in the 3rd to take over right takle and move Seabass for Light after next yr . Everybody is talking defense here, but this draft could REALLY set up the O for a LOOOOOONG time. The D is very young, and if you add Tamba Hall to it we'll be really, really good together with Bodden and T Warren

JUST A THOUGH......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's

Hali was a "Non-Exclusive" Franchise tender by KC meaning he can negotiate with other teams.  If he's signed to an offer sheet, KC has the option to match, if they don't, they receive two 1st rounders from the team that signs him (not sure if the deal would have to include 17 this year or if they'd have to give up their 2011 and 2012 assigned 1st rounders). 

If they were to lose a 1 this year, they may be able to pick another one up via pick 33 in this years class.  That is the first pick of day two and should bring plenty of interest/value from other teams.

With that being said, If they can keep 17 while giving up 28 and their 2012 1st, I'd love to see BB pull that deal off as that would still leave them with 17, 60, 74 and 92. 

Sure he'd cost money and picks, but he's a proven commodity in this league and as a 3-4 OLB and would represent an immediate impact to the pass rush. The deal may be a bit too rich for BB's taste though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why not just draft another version of a Tamba Hali at 17 or 28?

I don't understand the logic behind this kind of a thread.

If Tamba Hali could be had for good money and he was a potential All Pro player on an annual basis, yes, I might consider it.

Hali is very good, Woodley, James Harrison, Big Mouth in Baltimore, Clay Matthews, etc.

These kinds of 3-4 OLB talents can be found in Round 1. Tough to find, yes, but they can be had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I get what BBReigns is saying but to me, I would bank more on the proven NFL talent versus educated speculation. Maybe that's just me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

what a dumb idea and I am glad you have no influence in the draft day needs and decisions this team makes...........those two picks are worth five-6 picks to BB ...........this draft is stacked with DE'S and DL ..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with BBReigns. If you could get him extended to a low cost contract then getting a sure thing verses 2 late round 1st (which as we know not all turn into pro-bowlers) is something I would jump at. BUT, he's looking for top LB money and combining the cost in a contract extension and 2 1st round picks I'm not sure if I'd do that.

MB I'm pretty sure that the rule is your 1st round picks so #28 and 12' but you can negotiate with the team so knowing the Pats will most likely be a lower pick KC might rather have #17 and #60 with say a 3rd next year then #28 and a 1st next year. Either way with the OL needing major overhual and being so close to finishing of the D along with the great depth in those position (1st round grades going to those who might make it to the 2nd round) I'd rather spend the picks shoring up the team long term then getting that high cost impact OLB. Now if we could work out a Mankins and #60 for Hali I'd ask where do I sign up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Tamba Hali just emerged on to the scene last year in the first successful year of a 3-4 in KC.

And it's not like KC's D was dominant either.

If this was a player they could lock down somewhere close to the player they could get in Round 1, and the players was more of a slam dunk in a 3-4 OLB slot, like a Woodley, more so than an Hali, then sure, it's worth considering.

But, even then I am not sure I do it.

I am not even sure I unload two 1st rounders for Clay Matthews.

If you can land a JJ Watt at 17 and maybe a Sam Acho at 28 or 33, isn't the combo of these two players, at that cost, worth more than one Woodley or Matthews?

It's worth more to me than an Hali, that is for sure.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It's all moot.  There's no free agency until the CBA is signed.  Why bother even speculating on this stuff?  That is, unless you believe in unicorns and tooth fairies and you think they'll get a deal done in the near future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

not gonna happen, not worth it for us.  and its Hali, not Hall

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's:
    [QUOTE]Tamba Hali just emerged on to the scene last year in the first successful year of a 3-4 in KC. And it's not like KC's D was dominant either. If this was a player they could lock down somewhere close to the player they could get in Round 1, and the players was more of a slam dunk in a 3-4 OLB slot, like a Woodley, more so than an Hali, then sure, it's worth considering. But, even then I am not sure I do it. I am not even sure I unload two 1st rounders for Clay Matthews. If you can land a JJ Watt at 17 and maybe a Sam Acho at 28 or 33, isn't the combo of these two players, at that cost, worth more than one Woodley or Matthews? It's worth more to me than an Hali, that is for sure.  
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

last yr was his first yr playing olb in a 3/4 ( 14.5 sacks). He played D end prior in a 4/3 and was always at 7 to 9 sacks. The guy is a pressure the quarterback BEAST. What would this D have been like with a 14.5 olb sack machine ? I don't think Sanchez would ' ve beat us. Add to that Bodden and TWarren......?
       Yeah....Kerrigan, or Watt , or Reed, or Acho COULD end up being really good. But, this guy already is.....we can cut dead wieght on D to pay him ( tbc, Sanders, wilhite, etc....about 10 mil) I'd trade ALL those guys for him IN A HEARTBEAT. It's like in baseball, Casey kelly MIGHT be great ( and I watched him pitch in hs) , but A gon IS GREAT NOW. Or......Al Jefferson MIGHT BE GREAT, SOME DAY....but KG is great NOW. When your this close to a ring....you've gotta go for it....grow a pair of balls, for lack of a better term

Have a great day

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]what a dumb idea and I am glad you have no influence in the draft day needs and decisions this team makes...........those two picks are worth five-6 picks to BB ...........this draft is stacked with DE'S and DL ..........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

it's a dumb idea because you've never taken a calculated risk in your life. Be happy in your life with your tail between your legs never knowing what it's like to take A SHOT at something......Greatness comes with risks, super bowls are won with proven vets, not rookies and unproven commodities...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I get what BBReigns is saying but to me, I would bank more on the proven NFL talent versus educated speculation"

Don't forget, Adalius Thomas was "proven talent" coming off a pro bowl berth.  How'd that work out?? 

I'll say there's almost no chance of BB giving up such high draft choices and paying a guy a boatload of $$$

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]"I get what BBReigns is saying but to me, I would bank more on the proven NFL talent versus educated speculation" Don't forget, Adalius Thomas was "proven talent" coming off a pro bowl berth.  How'd that work out??  I'll say there's almost no chance of BB giving up such high draft choices and paying a guy a boatload of $$$
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

I knew someone would mention Adalius Thomas but that's not really fair because it was one failed signing. That doesn't mean Belichick and Kraft will shy away from signing any veteran to a big contract, forever. It's not something they do easily, which is great to me because we still win while spreading the wealth a little better. I've also seen the Patriots pay top dollar for professionals/individuals/players that are worth top dollar: Brady, Welker, Wilfork.

Signing Hali to a large contract may be a bad move, I get that, but you can't NOT do it based solely on what Adalius did/did not do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

this would be hard to pass up.  Right now I see it as a balancing act.  Let's say the deal is not done and the Pats get their DE and OLB with the first two picks.  That leaves money for FA.  If Hall is brought in you lose a lot of that.  It would have to do on what I see on film on these future potentials.  If there is such a thing this is a pass rush type of draft and the future answer could lie there.  But if it's not pull the trigger. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Cause Tamba Ali sucks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Because it trades in exactly the opposite direction from value.  BB is an old-time trader (as opposed to the modern Bear Stearns style of trader, who is hooked on meth and trades the cow for magic beans to smoke). 

Often trade down to pick up value, especially down in the first round where the NFL marketplace grossly overvalues high picks.  Often trade out to the next year, because the NFL marketplace is full of coaches desperate to win this year or never.  Never trade for another team's established player because, llike a used car, there may be something wrong that you don't know.  Occasionally trade off your own star players like Randy Moss if you already know there's something wrong nyuk nyuk nyuk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

This idea is in-freakin'-sane (no offense to the ~op).  Dear god- You're getting a 27 year old, who'll be 28 mid-season, who played as an 3-4 OLB in a different system, and recorded his very first double-digit sack year last season...  And man, It IS fair, lmao- It os VERY fair to compare Tamba Hali to Adalius Thomas.  You're going to NEED (or they'll be ZERO deal) to sign Hali to HUGE dollars, as Hali's the A#1 top 3-4 OLB that'cha can get- BOTH your 1st rounders certainly may not warrant the same amount of bank that you'll be spending on Hali's contract... And lol, 1! year as a double digit sack producer, and 1! year in a 3-4 Defense...News Flash: Not ALL 3-4 D's are run the same...think, Denver Broncos & Elvis Dumervil here: Does ANY-one know IF KC did exactly what Denver does with Dumervill; Which is ta say, Denver moves Elvis all around the defense in order to place & pose him against the more favorable matchups PER any given play & look the oppossing offense gives?  Not only does this pad one's stats...no= 1000X more important, is that Belichick does NOT do this... BB wants his Defense versatile & adaptable en masse and as a whole, depending on what the oppossing Offense itself shows...Meaning: With Denver & how they situate Dumervil, this is player adaptable...defensively...AND so, Defensively, you're LESS versatile...You're effectively pigeon-holing yourself due to YOUR player personell and your guys's strengths & weaknesses, Rather than being versatile enough to adapt to and exploit & limit the OPPOSSING team's & their players best strengths and/or worst weaknesses, ya dig?  And good god, this ain't EVEN LIKE Adalius Thomas...It's 10X worse, considering you're just GIVING up not 1, but 2 First Round Draft Selections in order to get this guy!  Sheez, I'd do this for Tom Brady, and not after he won his first Superbowl in '01...b/c I'd trully NEED to be totally certain that he wasn't simply a "game-manager."  I'd do this after the '02 Superbowl...Day after, I'd say, "Alright=Here's my TWO 1st rd picks...".  Maybe, I'd do this for James Harrison...but only the exact day after his first TWO excellent seasons when Harrison was like 23 or 24 years old, and Harrison being so much more complete in his TTs, Total steady sack production, and ALL those great extras he brings in, like huge heads-up numbers in FFs, and good PDs as a 3-4 OLB...  Wow, TWO 1st Round Picks?!  Same difference here sayin that these Collegiates you're LESS certain about than in getting a "proven commodity" in Hali... NOT really: You're gettin 1 ENTIRE less person...and a 1st rd prospect at that...you're getting a 27-28 year old in Hali, rather than getting 2 different 21-22 year olds...you're STILL uncertain considering Hali's single really good year, YET in a different variation of the 3-4 Defensive system...  And finally, these are NOT two, simply "Late First Rounders...".  No watering this down...  This is a pick, DEAD center in Round #1 @ selection 17, a time when ZERO playoff teams are yet on the board...a time right after the d#mb franchises pick, and a time after maybe 2 or 3 teams try to nab future franchise QBs...so THEY don't count 1 bit, to what NE's ends will be....AT all.  And then #28...STILL a time before THE 4 Conference Championship Playoff Teams select...  Man!?!  I AGREE with the poster who said, "Thank god some of YOU guys aren't runnin NE...," sheez.  And I'm sorry, I don't wanna be antagonistic here on this one...but lord-ey.  Ya can grab a younger, SURE, TOTALLY sure Right Offensive Tackle, who can also very probably transfer to LOT...or, at bare minimum, Transfer to LOT in a pinch, or for some time.  OR ya can nab a 3-4 DE...  Ya...maybe not a Seymour-esque 3-4 DE (at least not in this draft), BUT in most probability, a good starter...In almost ALL probability, a Starter on the weak side, ya know?  @ #17, The TOP wide receiver=#1, that YOU feel trully IS the best, and the best fit...  @ #17, The TOP runningback=#1, that YOU feel IS the best, and the best fit...  At # 28= Nation's best Guard...Nation's best Center...Nation's best Safety...sheez?!?  What is goin' on here?    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I knew someone would mention Adalius Thomas but that's not really fair because it was one failed signing. That doesn't mean Belichick and Kraft will shy away from signing any veteran to a big contract, forever"

Why isn't that a fair comment??  It wasn't meant to knock BB just to show that very few things are definites.  Your comment is actually off base because it's not a matter of BB and Kraft shying away from signing a veteran to a big contract.  It's about signing a veteran to a big contract and giving up 2 first rounders.  Huge difference!!  That's why I underlined the word "and" in my first post. The fallout of a bad signing is bad enough.  A trade of that magnitude that doesn't work out can affect your team much worse because of the lost assets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with BBReigns. If you could get him extended to a low cost contract then getting a sure thing verses 2 late round 1st (which as we know not all turn into pro-bowlers) is something I would jump at. BUT, he's looking for top LB money and combining the cost in a contract extension and 2 1st round picks I'm not sure if I'd do that. MB I'm pretty sure that the rule is your 1st round picks so #28 and 12' but you can negotiate with the team so knowing the Pats will most likely be a lower pick KC might rather have #17 and #60 with say a 3rd next year then #28 and a 1st next year. Either way with the OL needing major overhual and being so close to finishing of the D along with the great depth in those position (1st round grades going to those who might make it to the 2nd round) I'd rather spend the picks shoring up the team long term then getting that high cost impact OLB. Now if we could work out a Mankins and #60 for Hali I'd ask where do I sign up. 
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Hey, PatsEng.   Monkkeyboy told us to 'grow some balls" because we don't think trading TWO 1st rd picks and then having to break the bank to resign Hali is a good move.

lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSTEAMER. Show SSTEAMER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's :   it's a dumb idea because you've never taken a calculated risk in your life. Be happy in your life with your tail between your legs never knowing what it's like to take A SHOT at something......Greatness comes with risks, super bowls are won with proven vets, not rookies and unproven commodities...
    Posted by makonikyman[/QUOTE]

Eason11 is right......Bad idea.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

If we are willing to give up 2 first rounders to a 27 year old that wants cash just to get our pass rush back, why didnt we just keep richard seymour? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : Hey, PatsEng.   Monkkeyboy told us to 'grow some balls" because we don't think trading TWO 1st rd picks and then having to break the bank to resign Hali is a good move. lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I seem to get that a lot so I'm use to it  : p

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

From recollection, Haley was like a 3rd rd type pick because SF didn't even have a 1st rd pick in the 1986 draft.

Some say the '74 Steelers draft was the best, but I think the '86 Niners one is better because it's deeper/more contributors for SF compared to the high end '74 Steelers' one.

I still think BB has one of these kinds of legendary drafts in him.

Last year's rivals any of his best (2003), but I seriously think he can deliver a '74 Steelers/'86 Niners type gem on the heels of last year.

Funny you mention Haley as a reference, because if BB had him there is no doubt he would have converted him to an OLB in the 3-4.

6'5 about 260.

Basically the teams needs a McGinest and those are hard to find.  McGinest was pretty much Charles Haley in some ways.

Cameron Jordan could be a Haley type, but I wouldn't expect him to convert to OLB.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts