WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's

In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : Lol...honestly brdbreu , ya got me pegged: Reminds me of something my very own mother said to me awhile back: "Jesus Kr!st! Do you EVER do, or say, or try ANY-thing, half-way...good god, Take it easy for once...Moderation? It's like, whatever you do, you're just fanatical about it!"  Work, No work, Studying, Fighting, Reading, Vagrancy, Working out, Drugs, ZERO drugs or drinking, Charity, Hatred...makes no difference to me really.  Laz when he works : " Let's pick up the PACE here People! Full-bore...set the gauges to: 'Insane-Death-OverDrive!' We can DO this...So Let's GO !"  Co-worker : " Are you on drugs... ?  Laz : " Sadly, no... Are you- Are you- slowing down to talk to me ?"  Co-worker : " No way. But look, You're not even the Boss, ya know- So WhyTH do you even CARE?! You do know, we get paid the same amount regardless, right? Also, the boss thinks you're a head-case...He told me that he was actually hoping you WERE on drugs... ".  Laz : " Greeat, Now I gotta have a talk with him after work... ".  Co-worker : " I know you...I KNOW what you're thinkin here, Laz; And ya don't HAVE to tell him off or explain yourself...I mean, the boss actually likes you ."  Laz : " Doesn't matter anymore, and Don't worry, I'm not gonna do ANY of those things...I'm gonna wait for him at his car, pistol-whip him with a tire iron, throw him in the trunk of my car, and scatter his remains across several states. I was gonna work through lunch too...now I gotta head across state line's to get a Rent-a-Car though, sheez. Maybe, I'll come back after and work some overtime... ".       As for your last part ( RE : starting and beginning ANY attacks, let alone, personal attacks)...  I believe Lil' Kim said it best, when she said: " Who da f#ck want war? But'cha fed-ex' me, straight to'ya front door... I draw back with some crazy borough bricks, Go'wid some crook-ed thorough licks, Rep from my overthrows Never been the one to start beef, I try ta settle sh#t But'I ride out'til the wheels fall off, An' I squeez til every last shell drop off ;" Man...I need a gangsta-chick.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Laz,

"Man...I need a gangsta-chick."

i guess you do..
    i guess you do..

by the way, im not too far off from you in disposition. maybe not all the way across the board, but.

in sports, studying/grades, the weight room, and helping to make things better in a community, etc.

i can relate some with your work story to how i was in sports, always with the ideas, motivation, insight, effort, intensity, and communication, got me made captain and a leader without my thinking about it (not something i chose) from a young age.

re hatred though, when intensity is added to that mix we're talking about getting out of control and making the world a worse place. let's opt for the former. insight is better than hindsight.
      let's choose a world spiralling and multiplying understanding over a world spiralling and multiplying hate.

thanks for the thoughtful posts and for making me laugh (priceless).

peace

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]What happens if you hit on 2 Tamba Hali with those 2 picks? Not to mention some O-Line younger men, maybe even Running Back. This can happen, by being patient, a lot of people are selling the draft as a gamble, not me if you study well pick and chose your moves, teams can become dynasties in 1 draft. Need draft picks to do this. Quick fixes never work out. I'm with Laz on this.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

bobysu,
    its' all good yeah there are some good things we can upgrade in the draft
    AND
    RE:

"What happens if you hit on 2 Tamba Hali with those 2 picks?"

we havent hit on one tamba hali in years.
    we might just have to trade up or maybe better, pony up for a player who already demonstrates in the nfl he's got what we need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]What happens if you hit on 2 Tamba Hali with those 2 picks? Not to mention some O-Line younger men, maybe even Running Back. This can happen, by being patient, a lot of people are selling the draft as a gamble, not me if you study well pick and chose your moves, teams can become dynasties in 1 draft. Need draft picks to do this. Quick fixes never work out. I'm with Laz on this.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Yeah I should of thought of the fact that we would get two 14 sacks per year pass rushers with a late first round pick and a mid first round pick...happens all the time. And of course we will land a 1800 yard rusher with our second round pick, along with a future Hall of Fame offensive lineman with the other one. The next Jerry Rice will be waiting in the third, with Richard Dent in the fourth. I'm glad the 250 or so kids picked draft weekend will be making the Pro Bowl, because the game has been kind of boring lately. It's a shame though that every player picked will be so good, because every team will improve so much that in the end nothing will really of changed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : Have you never posted on a sports board on the internet before? This is the post season it's made for people to argue over players and try to convince others to come over to their opinions. If people weren't arguing their opinions it would be awfully quiet around here and there would be zero discussion
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

It's actually the off season, PatsEng, although there is still a lot of interesting stuff going on right now. And I think these discussions would be much more productive if we all respected eachother's opinions. You see, when it's just a  bunch of people arguing, you're so biased to what you say that you are very unlikely to take seriously what others say if it goes against you. I'm just trying to help this board out, that's all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : Yeah I should of thought of the fact that we would get two 14 sacks per year pass rushers with a late first round pick and a mid first round pick...happens all the time. And of course we will land a 1800 yard rusher with our second round pick, along with a future Hall of Fame offensive lineman with the other one. The next Jerry Rice will be waiting in the third, with Richard Dent in the fourth. I'm glad the 250 or so kids picked draft weekend will be making the Pro Bowl, because the game has been kind of boring lately. It's a shame though that every player picked will be so good, because every team will improve so much that in the end nothing will really of changed.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

thanks for the comic relief mthurl!

i guess it wasn't just me going huh?

we all have our days i guess.

i was thnking,  he or she was thinking,  "it's worth a try, cmon we can do it."
    but at the same time implying the oppossite idea was crazy? that's why i responded

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

celtics and eng,

thanks to you both.
    we all appreciate agreement and disagreement and everything between, and not targeting people who disagree.

ps
    what's wiht this darned sign in deal on this borad
    that wont lete me be one screen name and insists i be two.

suppose i gotta be both now so that people know who to attribute my posts to.

cbdam/brdbreu

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Eh I'm all for good discussion but a certain someone seems to have a serious bromance with the regulars..lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Ok...someone here said "well why didn't we just sign R Seymore when he was with us instead" and in hindsight, your right. There is no doubt in my mind that Sey would have made a really big difference on this D last year. We're not getting Sey back. but imo we have a chance to get someone better and 4 yrs younger. Tamba Hali IS NOT a one yr wonder as some people have suggested. He has 41.5 career sacks (in 6 yrs) to Seys 48 (in 11 yrs). And.....18, yes EIGHTEEN, career forced fumbles, to Seys....FOUR. The guy is a BIGTIME disruptive force that needs to be game planned by opposing teams. We have nobody even close to him on this team. Do you think teams worry about Ninck, or Cunningham, or TBC....? Tamba Hali will make everybody around him better, just like Sey did in his prime. So I say give up #17 (which is the pick we got for Sey) and throw in next yrs #1 (#32) In essence you'd be trading Hali for Sey and trowing in a late 1st because he's better, 4 yrs younger, and we NEED him

And if you can get him for cheaper, then by ALL means. Besides, KC owes us one. Cmon BB, call in your marker with Pioli

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

At some point BB needs to take a gamble and get a player who can change our fortunes. We had a a solid DB and will def have above average DL after the draft. The only issue would be pass rush and I know we burnt our hands with A Thomas, but that should not be a factor when we look for T Hali. Remember, Vikings gave up a 1st for Jared allen and he has had 3 seasons with 40 sacks. So free agent pass rush signing does work out :-) I would gladly give our 28 and maybe #1 next year for Hali.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

And then pay Hali 15 million per year? NO THANKS.

If anything, use #33 and #28 and trade up to the top 10 to get JJ Watt before you go roaming around making a move that ruins your draft and bogs down your payroll.

Example:

8    JJ Watt
    17   Robert Quinn

This is better than Hali both in youth, price and depth.

I am not even sure how this is debatable, really.

You sign Watt and a Quinn to rookie deals with a rookie cap and you get great return compared to Hali and his eventual price tag with a ruined 2012 draft with no 1st rd pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]And then pay Hali 15 million per year? NO THANKS. If anything, use #33 and #28 and trade up to the top 10 to get JJ Watt before you go roaming around making a move that ruins your draft and bogs down your payroll. Example: 8    JJ Watt 17   Robert Quinn This is better than Hali both in youth, price and depth. I am not even sure how this is debatable, really. You sign Watt and a Quinn to rookie deals with a rookie cap and you get great return compared to Hali and his eventual price tag with a ruined 2012 draft with no 1st rd pick.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

BB, I like the thought of those 2, but dont see Quinn falling.  Maybe we get lucky and could get Quinn at 8 and Watt at 17. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Eh I'm all for good discussion but a certain someone seems to have a serious bromance with the regulars..lol
    Posted by HOTBLITZ[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  We should ALL rag on people throwing out humble compliments to others...the world would probably be a much better place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

BB reigns - If you could trade 28 and 33 for the 8th pick in the draft and Quinn is still there at 17 then, yes it is not debatable.  But, the chart says you'd get the 12th pick with those picks, and I haven't seen a mock draft in a while that has Quinn falling to the 17th pick.

Also, even if your projections came true, there is no guarantee that either of these players becomes a sucessful NFL player.  I actually really like both of these prospects, and in the end would love if they both ended up with the Pats.  But, there is something to be said for taking the sure thing.  Also, with the trade you would still be getting Quinn and picking 33rd, because you would only be trading this years 28th and next years pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

BB.....I can see your logic in that. I really can. Watt and Quinn would do it for me. One of those two, and maybe both will be a playmaker. My only point is will it be next yr, or the year after? The window for TB is prob 4 yrs. I'd like to see 2 more rings in that span. Tamba Hali, along with Warren and Bodden would no doubt make this D a top 3 or 5 D IMO. Not so sure how long it's gonna take a Watt or Quinn to make the adjustment to our D and the pro Game. The money ? I think we have enough dead wieght on this team to let go of to pay him.(Kazur,Neal.TBC,Sanders) just to name a few. Mankins 10 mil will im sure be off the books next yr, as well as a restructure on TB and Vince. It can be done, money wise no problem. And kraft is doing pretty well I think. Though I'm sure he appreciates you watching his wallet for him : ).  

to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's:
    [QUOTE]And then pay Hali 15 million per year? NO THANKS. If anything, use #33 and #28 and trade up to the top 10 to get JJ Watt before you go roaming around making a move that ruins your draft and bogs down your payroll. Example: 8    JJ Watt 17   Robert Quinn This is better than Hali both in youth, price and depth. I am not even sure how this is debatable, really. You sign Watt and a Quinn to rookie deals with a rookie cap and you get great return compared to Hali and his eventual price tag with a ruined 2012 draft with no 1st rd pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

On a side note. I think at the rate that this debate is going ( wheather or not to go after T Hali) we might pass MB's 2011 draft blog ( 3276 posts) in 2021 : )

Good stuff

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]BB reigns - If you could trade 28 and 33 for the 8th pick in the draft and Quinn is still there at 17 then, yes it is not debatable.  But, the chart says you'd get the 12th pick with those picks, and I haven't seen a mock draft in a while that has Quinn falling to the 17th pick. Also, even if your projections came true, there is no guarantee that either of these players becomes a sucessful NFL player.  I actually really like both of these prospects, and in the end would love if they both ended up with the Pats.  But, there is something to be said for taking the sure thing.  Also, with the trade you would still be getting Quinn and picking 33rd, because you would only be trading this years 28th and next years pick.
    Posted by paularnold[/QUOTE]

How is TH a sure thing?  No player changing teams is a sure thing.  Not to mention with the extra cash we would be paying for him, we would most likely have to cut loose Mankins or someone else once a cap is in place. TH is very good.  If he was a FA, I would be all over it for sure, but not with 2 1st rd picks as well.  So in reality we would be paying 2 1sts, a ton of cash and losing Mankins. 

I have to say I am glad those in favor of this trade dont run the team.  When is the last non QB trade that involved 2 1st rd picks?  How did it work out? I am guessing the GMs in the NFL know a bit more than you and they dont make that trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : thanks for the comic relief mthurl! i guess it wasn't just me going huh? we all have our days i guess. i was thnking,  he or she was thinking,  "it's worth a try, cmon we can do it." but at the same time implying the oppossite idea was crazy? that's why i responded
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Glad you got the humor...to bad my wife doesn't:(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : Agreed.  We should ALL rag on people throwing out humble compliments to others...the world would probably be a much better place.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    No it wouldn't. There's no need to rag on anybody. Although I see where you're coming from, I just don't see the use in putting down others. What does it gain?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Because he is not worth it. Plain and simple.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]   BB.....I can see your logic in that. I really can. Watt and Quinn would do it for me. One of those two, and maybe both will be a playmaker. My only point is will it be next yr, or the year after? The window for TB is prob 4 yrs. I'd like to see 2 more rings in that span. Tamba Hali, along with Warren and Bodden would no doubt make this D a top 3 or 5 D IMO. Not so sure how long it's gonna take a Watt or Quinn to make the adjustment to our D and the pro Game. The money ? I think we have enough dead wieght on this team to let go of to pay him.(Kazur,Neal.TBC,Sanders) just to name a few. Mankins 10 mil will im sure be off the books next yr, as well as a restructure on TB and Vince. It can be done, money wise no problem. And kraft is doing pretty well I think. Though I'm sure he appreciates you watching his wallet for him : ).    to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's :
    Posted by makonikyman[/QUOTE]

You don't get it. It has nothing to do with his wallet.

He spent 152 million, the second most in the NFL last year (brady and wilfork deals kicked in), so it has nothing to do with Karaft not spending or being aggressive. 

You have to make the money count when you pony it up.  That's the key. Otherwise, put assigned $$ on each position.

It's how much and WHERE you allocate it.

The Julius Peppers, Elvis Dumervil 16 million per deals are stupid. They're dumb deals which will handicap their ability to build complete teams. That's the market for a 14 sack OLB or DE.

NO thanks.

If we can assume the new cap will be around 130 million, in my opinion with more control over the increase of the cap over the life of this new CBA, then it's critical you allocate correclty moving forward.

We don't need to be an Oakland, Washington, NY Jets type of a team that overpays in spots and then has holes elsewhere.

I don't want to waste TWO #1 picks and end up spending around 16 million dollars per for Hali.  That makes no sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : No it wouldn't. There's no need to rag on anybody. Although I see where you're coming from, I just don't see the use in putting down others. What does it gain?
    Posted by Celtics12345[/QUOTE]

I thought that was one of my easier attempts at sarcasm to interpret correctly...in otherwords, Yes- I'm with you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]    sometimes brdbeau I just don't understand it. This team is SOOOO CLOSE.Tamba Hali. Imo. gives us the best shot of being a top 5 D tomorrow. Not 3 or 4 yrs from now, if ever. People forget on here that for every DMC,BM,Mayo Vince,Mankins, Gronk and Vollmer. There's a B Watson, D graham, Brace, Maroney, T Wheatley, Butler and Chad Johnson. Even T Warren has just been Solid.Do we need more solid players ? Or do we need an animal playmaker. Someone who has to be accounted for, ON EVERY PLAY. Of course, BB knows a little more than me : ), so I'll just leave it up to him n Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's :

just saw this. we're on the same wavelength. 
    my thoughts exactly!
    been saying that for a minute.

"do we need an animal playmaker. Someone who has to be accounted for, ON EVERY PLAY."

preach man, preach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]   BB.....I can see your logic in that. I really can. Watt and Quinn would do it for me. One of those two, and maybe both will be a playmaker. My only point is will it be next yr, or the year after? The window for TB is prob 4 yrs. I'd like to see 2 more rings in that span. Tamba Hali, along with Warren and Bodden would no doubt make this D a top 3 or 5 D IMO. Not so sure how long it's gonna take a Watt or Quinn to make the adjustment to our D and the pro Game. The money ? I think we have enough dead wieght on this team to let go of to pay him.(Kazur,Neal.TBC,Sanders) just to name a few. Mankins 10 mil will im sure be off the books next yr, as well as a restructure on TB and Vince. It can be done, money wise no problem. And kraft is doing pretty well I think. Though I'm sure he appreciates you watching his wallet for him : ).    to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's :

still my same track of thinking. 2 more rings in the next 4-5 while brady is still brady. keep drafting good and picking up th eright fa here and there and maybe 3 in next 6.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : No it wouldn't. There's no need to rag on anybody. Although I see where you're coming from, I just don't see the use in putting down others. What does it gain?
    Posted by Celtics12345[/QUOTE]

laz and celtics, you're on the same page.
    you're saying the same thing you just have different ways of saying it.
    ones straight and ones with wit. 
    both accaeptable deliveries.
    thanks for puttin positive messages out in a climate where that apparently is a risky thing to do and borders on crossing the line of acceptability.
    maybe climates can change with a few rule breakers like you guys.

peace

brdbreu/cbdam

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY NOT TAMBA HALL? for the 2 # 1's : You don't get it. It has nothing to do with his wallet. He spent 152 million, the second most in the NFL last year (brady and wilfork deals kicked in), so it has nothing to do with Karaft not spending or being aggressive.  You have to make the money count when you pony it up.  That's the key. Otherwise, put assigned $$ on each position. It's how much and WHERE you allocate it. The Julius Peppers, Elvis Dumervil 16 million per deals are stupid. They're dumb deals which will handicap their ability to build complete teams. That's the market for a 14 sack OLB or DE. NO thanks. If we can assume the new cap will be around 130 million, in my opinion with more control over the increase of the cap over the life of this new CBA, then it's critical you allocate correclty moving forward. We don't need to be an Oakland, Washington, NY Jets type of a team that overpays in spots and then has holes elsewhere. I don't want to waste TWO #1 picks and end up spending around 16 million dollars per for Hali.  That makes no sense.

bbreigns and mordecai,
    your point is taken.
    there are different ways of doing it, both with risks.
    some would rather risk your way, some would rather risk another way.
    a combo is also good

however,
    i have not heard anyone say we should become high paying rfree agent central (jets) just because we might pick up a player here or there, particularly a beast at a position in high need for years. and if rookies turn into that we'd be as pleased as you. just hasnt happened for years at olb.

thanks 
    and peace

brdbreu/cbdam

Sections
Shortcuts