Why Pats will be OK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Why Pats will be OK

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1691126-new-england-patriots-under-tom-bradys-lead-patriots-will-be-fine-in-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: Why Pats will be OK

Here another cool article

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1698952-what-every-fan-needs-to-know-about-the-2013-new-england-patriots

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

don't let rusty see this!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

You`re funny dude hahahahaha. I think Brady is the biggest factor to the success of this team, and I respect the opinion of other posters who think different than me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I definitely hope for all that, but a lot of it is wait and see for me. The Pats, at least in the past 5-7 years have always relied on Brady to push them towards success, just the nature of the ever changing NFL.

if we have a better run game with more Vereen production, if our defense can make stops(a lot of rookies and second year guys need to step up) and not just turnovers I think this team will win 11-13 games no problem. Gronk better be motivated, I have no doubt we would have won our most recent SB appearance with him healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I agree that Brady is the key to this team just like he is every year, but it fails to acknowledge a couple of things. Yes, the Patriots still made the playoffs in '05 and '06 when they had what was considered subpar receiving corps, but in the end both seasons it cost them.

They managed to score one TD in the game in Denver and that drive was a 73-yard Branch reception and a 4-yard TD pass on the next play (at the time, unfortunately, they were already down 24-6 with under 9 minutes remaining and the TD turned out to be meaningless). 

Two of the Patriots TDs were an offensive fumble recovered in the end zone and an interception return. In the second half, they found the end zone once and that was set up by an 80-yard kickoff return. The offense mananged just 139 yards on 7 possessions. In the 4th quarter (which they Patriots held a 28-21 lead entering), Brady was 9 for 17, for 100 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT.

Both of those teams would have benefitted from better receivers. In terms of scoring those were the two worst offenses under Brady since 2003.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I honestly believe the Patriots will be just fine offensively. They have without much doubt the best Offensive line in the game, and though they could be using a much younger receiving corps this year, they still have a potent running attack which could actually help relieve the youngsters at WR. We all know that TB has been the bellcow for years, now it might be a good time for the Patriots to use the running game a little more to take the pressure off TB. Between Ridley,Bolden,Blount,Vereen and Washington they have enough capable RB's to carry the load while the WR's learn how to adapt to the QB and his desires for the throwing lanes he likes most.

Hopefully it doesn't cost us any games while they learn the routes and timing required to become a coheasive unit.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Beacher Report is a cess pool.

The Pats will be okay because they have one of the best coaches in the game, one of the best QBs in the game and a solid structure to follow.

The offense may struggle a bit out of the gate as Brady works with his new gang, but they'll find their sync and be okay.  It won't be a 15-1 season most likely, but they should win more than they lose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll agree with the guy who mentioned the  . . .     ummmm . . .  less-than-stellar reputation of Bleacher Report and simply add that the biggest reason the Pats are going to be okay is because Miami, Buffalo and New Jersey (in that order) are not going to be okay.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

This team will make the playoffs but could this team make the sb?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

This team will make the playoffs but could this team make the sb?

It's July, we don't know what they will do.  They could win it all or lay an egg. There are always players who come out of nowhere.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Right now the best WR on the Pats is Danny A.  Sorry, but I don't see how anyone can see this group of WR's as a positive in anyway for a team that has relied on it's offense to outscore opponents to win. 

I think it's unfair to not give them the benefit of the doubt, hell look at your screen name, BB is putting this WR core together as he sees best fit for TB and the offense as a whole. But as I stated before I'll take a wait and see approach, if Amendola stays healthy I think he will be great here and Dobson is big enough to make an impact on the other side of the field. Not to mention Edelman could be a very solid 3 WR option.

Pats always start a little slow, bring Gronk off the PUP list week 8 so we can have him throughout the playoffs and I with another year of improving the run game I see this offense being perfectly fine Going forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

2001 11-5 1st
    2002  9-7 14th
    2003 14-2 1st
    2004 14-2 1st
    2005 10-6 7th
    2006 12-4 3rd
    2007 16-0 2nd
    2008 11-5 8th
    2009 10-6 10th
    2010 14-2 9th
    2011 13-3 2nd
    2012 12-4 4th

I see 10-14 wins and a top 10 finish. Just like always.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

They're still good enough to beat average or worse teams and play in a weak division. So, yeah, they will have a decent winning record.

Doesn't mean diddly come playoff time.

Hopefully, the TEs/WRs who have little experience with Brady and the Patriots offense will improve over the regular season. Ditto with the young defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Inokea4coolaid's comment:

They're still good enough to beat average or worse teams and play in a weak division. So, yeah, they will have a decent winning record.

Hopefully, the TEs/WRs who have little experience with Brady and the Patriots offense will improve over the regular season. Ditto with the young defense.

No team beats teams with winning records consistently and no team wins in the playoffs consistently.

They have as good a shot as any other team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

You make it seem like the Pats never beat good teams and always go one and done in the playoffs. You can't win them all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I definitely hope for all that, but a lot of it is wait and see for me. The Pats, at least in the past 5-7 years have always relied on Brady to push them towards success, just the nature of the ever changing NFL.

if we have a better run game with more Vereen production, if our defense can make stops(a lot of rookies and second year guys need to step up) and not just turnovers I think this team will win 11-13 games no problem. Gronk better be motivated, I have no doubt we would have won our most recent SB appearance with him healthy.

isn't that part of the problem, apart from having a so-so pass coverage and pass rush.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Mediocre team + Great QB + Great Coach = we will be okay.

What most of these clucks from other teams who are hoping they finally have a chance to see the Pats fall don't realize is that when you take a mediocre team and swap out a few parts the chances are you still have a mediocre team after that swap out. Brady and BB set them apart from the average, not the mediocre team.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Why the Pats will be OK...

Bill Belichick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

No team beats teams with winning records consistently and no team wins in the playoffs consistently.

They have as good a shot as any other team.

What are you talking about, digger?  Every team except the Pats wins the Super Bowl every year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Why the Pats will be OK...

Bill Belichick.

Exactly.  

Sections
Shortcuts