Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made.

I dont get it, all you guys posting here about next years draft options and your all picking who you think BB will take.
    You all know he always trades down (breaking your hearts and weeks of work) NEVER takes the top players, and never takes what is needed. Then you pound your fist's against your heads wondering just what the HeII is Belichick doing.
    Stop wasting yoru time, you will never even get close to who and when he drafts. The only thing you can be sure about, is that fact that you can never predict what he will do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Re: Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made.

Last draft was pretty good and we had a lot of Pats fans predicting Gronk and Spikes.  The McCourty pick now looks like genius.  If we didn't take a CB then Wilhite (or possibly Arrington) would be starting.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made.:
    [QUOTE]why post "Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made." threads? NO one EVER cares about your opinion enough to stop.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

He is in his own little world

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Because its fun. And I'm a fan....a fanatic.

Sports is supposed to be fun and crazy.

If I treat sports like I treat work.....then I might as well work 24/7.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Lol your basically telling fans who love the game to take one of the best parts of the football year and just say lets not look at prospects because Bill might not take them.

I post on another forum and we look into whos scouted and who other things and the way they work out certain guys tells how to much they like them. Bill isnt some guy that cant be predicted. 

He likes certain players of a certain build for each position and sometimes that leads to Bill not getting certain players that we might like more than others. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

... because it's interesting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made.:
    [QUOTE]why post "Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made." threads? NO one EVER cares about your opinion enough to stop.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]
    Ricky, sweetiepie, get off your knees, I know when Im licked...Looks like you do pumpkin and thanks for stopping by. Make sure you swallow and rinse on your way out! Night night!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]Last draft was pretty good and we had a lot of Pats fans predicting Gronk and Spikes.  The McCourty pick now looks like genius.  If we didn't take a CB then Wilhite (or possibly Arrington) would be starting.
    Posted by ZachRudy[/QUOTE]
    Zach thats interresting because nobody I saw on this boardthought BB would take a TE in last years draft. Everyone was saying he would get one in a trade. I agree McCourty may turn into a great move

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made. : He is in his own little world
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]Rocky, come one now be nice

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

In Response to Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made.:
    [QUOTE]I dont get it, all you guys posting here about next years draft options and your all picking who you think BB will take. You all know he always trades down (breaking your hearts and weeks of work) NEVER takes the top players, and never takes what is needed. Then you pound your fist's against your heads wondering just what the HeII is Belichick doing. Stop wasting yoru time, you will never even get close to who and when he drafts. The only thing you can be sure about, is that fact that you can never predict what he will do.
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

Well this year is the first year we have a structured rookie signing thinga ma jig... that means BB might be more inclined to pay 2 first rounders rather than trade the pick for a few more 2nd and 3rds + upgrades..  Maybe not, but speculating helps us hope for the future because we know its a longshot this year lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Really, the only time BB has ever not used a first round pick is 2009.  I would guess because that's the year the team was losing Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour, and Harrison and he felt no one pick would fill the needs so he turned it into two. 

The only times I can think of that BB has had a low first rounder were 2001, 2003, and 2008 (Seymour, Warren, Mayo).  He used those picks all 3 times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Love the draft. Whay watch it or enjoy the build up? Hell why watch the games or have a routing interest in anything that you are not a direct part of? Why? Why? Why? Anything really.

In my opinion they need to be aggressive and that's all I can say about next years draft. We have the picks and we have the needs. It's a match made in heaven, we need potential  starters or guys that start in the league right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made.:
    [QUOTE]I dont get it, all you guys posting here about next years draft options and your all picking who you think BB will take. You all know he always trades down (breaking your hearts and weeks of work) NEVER takes the top players, and never takes what is needed. Then you pound your fist's against your heads wondering just what the HeII is Belichick doing. Stop wasting yoru time, you will never even get close to who and when he drafts. The only thing you can be sure about, is that fact that you can never predict what he will do.
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

Did you follow the draft thread that mbeaulieu07 starts every year?  Discussion was actually made on a CB over a pass rushing OLB.  McCourty's name was brought up in that discussion.  For the TE predictions I thought that there would be at least one and possibly two.  Hernandez dropping was a coup for us because there were folks who preferred him over Gronk at the time or didn't think that Gronk would be available. 

mbeau's draft thread should be on everybody's list to read.  Even if you're a fan of a different team you can get into it because it's a discussion of players mostly and Pats needs second, although a high second.  But if your team has a need and you have a question about a player(s) this is the place to come.

McCourty and Odrick were high on the draft list for #1.  Either pick meant that the Pats could slide down if they wanted to which they did.  It was the smart thing to do.  The year before I thought that the Pats would slide down because there just wasn't a player there who interested me personally let alone what the Pats thought.

So on choices made there are folks here who come closer than you think to what the Pats may or may not do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why Post Draft-Options? No one EVER comes even close to the picks made. : Well this year is the first year we have a structured rookie signing thinga ma jig... that means BB might be more inclined to pay 2 first rounders rather than trade the pick for a few more 2nd and 3rds + upgrades..  Maybe not, but speculating helps us hope for the future because we know its a longshot this year lol.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

Actually it makes that high pick more valuable now.  Teams didn't want the top 10 picks because of the cost involved in a high stakes crapshoot called the draft.  The payscale should create more buyers for that high draft choice because it doesn't destroy your cap.  Might see some folks overpay for a player.

Sections
Shortcuts