Why running matters...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Why running matters...

With Lloyd as a outside threat, the te's and a run game with Ridley the offense will be hard to stop. 
    Love McDaniels play calling. 
    If teams cannot run on us we will be hard to beat
    Off to a great start!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I really did like McD's playcalling as well.  He was certainly dedicated to the run and mixed in some nice long pass plays at the right time.  I thought the playcalling and player subsitutions were very good and not nearly has predictable as BoB.

Back in the day...Weis would call plenty of running plays...even if they weren't netting much.  Just having to defend the run would force the defense to play honest.  It opened up the entire playbook.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Josh McD is 1000x better then O'blivous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

I really did like McD's playcalling as well.  He was certainly dedicated to the run and mixed in some nice long pass plays at the right time.  I thought the playcalling and player subsitutions were very good and not nearly has predictable as BoB.

Back in the day...Weis would call plenty of running plays...even if they weren't netting much.  Just having to defend the run would force the defense to play honest.  It opened up the entire playbook.

+1

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Would have been nice if Brady hit a wide open Lloyd after the run game allowed Lloyd to get open deep.  Serious question: Why is he so awful at throwing deep?

Overall, the fans who won't admit this kind of a game is how you win over 4 qtrs are a belligerent joke.  This is exhibit A as to why we didn't win SB 42 or 46 and should have.

Run Ridley run. Nighty night, Irrationals.  Exposed yet again.

I agree that the running game was great...

But Lloyd misplayed that deep pass...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Would have been nice if Brady hit a wide open Lloyd after the run game allowed Lloyd to get open deep.  Serious question: Why is he so awful at throwing deep?

Overall, the fans who won't admit this kind of a game is how you win over 4 qtrs are a belligerent joke.  This is exhibit A as to why we didn't win SB 42 or 46 and should have.

Serious question.  Why are such a Brady hater?  Everyone and their mother knows Lloyd stopped and back peddled.  You really have a sickness.
    Please  go root for another team so you can bash the hall of famer with the other trolls and haters, your crap is really old and stinking up the place.  Time to flush it.
    We didn't win the SB's because the D gave up the lead in the final seconds of the games.  Get over it and get a life.  TROLL  ^^^

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Serious question.  Why are such a Brady hater?  Everyone and their mother knows Lloyd stopped and back peddled.  You really have a sickness.
    Please  go root for another team so you can bash the hall of famer with the other trolls and haters, your crap is really old and stinking up the place.  Time to flush it.
    We didn't win the SB's because the D gave up the lead in the final seconds of the games.  Get over it and get a life.  TROLL  ^^^

[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is 90% of the people or more that he calls irrationals wanted a better running game.  The coaching didn't think Lawfirm could do it so they gameplaned away from it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

He couldn't do it sick boy or he would have.
    Loved BJGE as a person/player but he wasn't the answer.  Ever have a 6 ypp running average?  Nope!
    Up
    Tom Brady -- Quarterback is on the mark with his decision-making and accuracy, and does a masterful job keeping touchdown pass to Aaron Hernandez alive with footwork in the pocket.

Chandler Jones -- Strip sack of Jake Locker that produced a 6-yard return from Dont'a Hightower for a touchdown was a momentum-swinging play.

Stevan Ridley -- Running back seizes the lead role and runs with authority in a career-high performance (125 yards, 21 carries). Ball security is solid.

Read and weep.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Also just in case nobody was paying attention Stevan Ridely was on this team all last year as well, the Pat's didn't use him besides one game early in the year against the Raiders as a back up to Law Firm.  

They didn't run, they didn't line up I Formation and pound the rock.  Anyone pretending there isn't a palpable difference between how Josh calls a game VS. Obie is seeing what they want to see to keep their previous flawed ideas afloat.  

When Woodhead came in this game they continued to pound the rock, he was on the team last year as well...  33 carries for the runningbacks is balance, something we've desperately needed and play action doesn't work without the run game.  Josh McDaniel's is the answer...

Absolutely correct. Talent was never and excuse when we won 3 SB's, why now? If BJGE wasn't the answer or if he was hurt, then run Ridley, if Ridley couldn't do it, use the FB...oh wait we didn't have one on OB's offense...which was of course part of the problem.

No 3rd TE, no FB, and only 1 healthy( unproven) power back on the roster behind our undrafted FA starter for the entire season? Makes you wonder how important the run game was to this offense doesn't it? 2 undrafted FA's as your starters(BJGE,Woody)???

This has been my only gripe with our offense for the last few years. After the 2007 went down, we started placing less value on the run game, and relying too much on Brady's ability to win us games. I think BB is the best GM/coach in football, and Brady is one of the best QB's to ever play, but I think to our detriment we have placed lesser value on the run game, and it has hurt our ability to perform in the clutch.

Just my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Right, LawFirm couldn't do it. RIght. 13 TDs and 1000 yards in 2010, but he "couldn't do it". That's an outright lie. Of course he "could do it".  They decided not to "do it".

He wasn't used in SB 46 and Ridley was available in SB 46.  You tell us why neither was used much or at all. I know the answer and let's just hope those days of Brady not having complete control of things are over.

Today was a reminder how much better the team plays when they run and why there was so much pressure on this D all year last year.

Wow you are amazingly delusional... You just can't  accept that BB and OB coached the team that way....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also just in case nobody was paying attention Stevan Ridely was on this team all last year as well, the Pat's didn't use him besides one game early in the year against the Raiders as a back up to Law Firm.  

They didn't run, they didn't line up I Formation and pound the rock.  Anyone pretending there isn't a palpable difference between how Josh calls a game VS. Obie is seeing what they want to see to keep their previous flawed ideas afloat.  

When Woodhead came in this game they continued to pound the rock, he was on the team last year as well...  33 carries for the runningbacks is balance, something we've desperately needed and play action doesn't work without the run game.  Josh McDaniel's is the answer...

Absolutely correct. Talent was never and excuse when we won 3 SB's, why now? If BJGE wasn't the answer or if he was hurt, then run Ridley, if Ridley couldn't do it, use the FB...oh wait we didn't have one on OB's offense...which was of course part of the problem.

No 3rd TE, no FB, and only 1 healthy( unproven) power back on the roster behind our undrafted FA starter for the entire season? Makes you wonder how important the run game was to this offense doesn't it? 2 undrafted FA's as your starters(BJGE,Woody)???

This has been my only gripe with our offense for the last few years. After the 2007 went down, we started placing less value on the run game, and relying too much on Brady's ability to win us games. I think BB is the best GM/coach in football, and Brady is one of the best QB's to ever play, but I think to our detriment we have placed lesser value on the run game, and it has hurt our ability to perform in the clutch.

Just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that it hasn't been a good idea to move away from the run, but I'm not going to say that its all Brady's fault. I think it was in the coaching lap on how the team playcalled and used thier personnel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Terrible analysis. If Lloyd had kept running and switched his head( u know making simple adjustment to a ball that had perfect distance) to the left he had a td catch. Ball was on target but he turned backward and tripped on his feet. Brady played a very good game today...despite breaking his nose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that it hasn't been a good idea to move away from the run, but I'm not going to say that its all Brady's fault. I think it was in the coaching lap on how the team playcalled and used thier personnel.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is Brady's fault at all. I think even as smart as he is, he is still a player. He needs guys that he respects on the sidelines assessing his decisions and telling him what he is doing right, and wrong. He now has that guy again in McD. Who learned from another man Brady respected greatly....Charlie Weiss.

Anybody see Pats - Redskins last year? Did Obrien, look like a guy that had Brady's respect? He had to be told to " be quiet" in a not nice way by BB and restrained from Brady? This guy rode Tommys coat tails imo. Balance is back in N.E. The defense looks like they're on a F-Ing bounty program....just killin guys! Great opener today. Keep it up Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't think it was Brady's fault either, he went with what they called. Sure he changed the play from time to time  but that was because the defense would give them something.  This offense is nothing like last years, a lot of the same players but a different guy calling the shots. McDaniels is a huge upgrade over Obrien.  We have a long season ahead of us and it's going to be a great ride.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is Brady's fault at all. I think even as smart as he is, he is still a player. He needs guys that he respects on the sidelines assessing his decisions and telling him what he is doing right, and wrong. He now has that guy again in McD. Who learned from another man Brady respected greatly....Charlie Weiss.

Anybody see Pats - Redskins last year? Did Obrien, look like a guy that had Brady's respect? He had to be told to " be quiet" in a not nice way by BB and restrained from Brady? This guy rode Tommys coat tails imo. Balance is back in N.E. The defense looks like they're on a F-Ing bounty program....just killin guys! Great opener today. Keep it up Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Best part is the hit have been legal.  Now all we need is a turn your head to the freaken a ball drill non stop till they get it  ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give McDaniels the game ball.  What a difference .  One play in particular stood out: 3rd and 4 on Tennessee 12 yard line up 14-3. This was similar to the buffalo game last year where Brady had 2 picks.  Driving, in FG range... Run a draw...  right? I said "draw" out loud....

Delay hand off to Ridley gains 8yards.THANK YOU.

Same line (maybe not as good) same running  back, different OC.  Bingo .  Play calling matters.  Obie was   terrible .  Maybe now all his defenders will be able to see it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

" On offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. " He has such a great feel for the defense and what they're doing, and the rhythm of the game and our players and who he wants to get involved in a particular play. He's awesome, he does a great job. I have so much confidence in him, we know each other so well, we've known each other for 12 years. I thought there were some things going into the game, some keys, the things to look for that are really second to none from what he's calling or what he's preparing me to do, and I really cant say enough about him and really his commitment to our team also. He expects perfection from us and he's disappointed when we don't do that, whether it's in a walk-through, in a practice, and certainly in a game. But he's got tremendous poise, I feel like he's always a step ahead of the defense. It was a fun day yesterday getting off to a good start."

Tom Brady

Sounds like Brady just said something like... Eff OB, Love McD.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm not sure if you really can blaim either Brady or Lloyd for that misque. I chalk it up to a learning event. Clearly it was a WR option and not a planned go route by how Lloyd ran it. Lloyd had both guys beat and was expected Brady to underthrow it slightly. Brady expected Lloyd to keep on running and he overthrow him to catch him in stride. When Lloyd saw the ball he went for the safe play which is to turn your back to the end zone to get the best look at it and catch it with his body (maybe a bit of nerves being the first ball tossed his way in the reg season played a part of him playing it safe). But, his mistake was slowing up after he had the S beat expecting the underthrow. If he didn't slow up before turning to back pedal he would have had an extra 2' when he turned and back pedaled and the pass would have hit him on the numbers. He wouldn't have scored as he would have fell on his butt but it would have set up first and goal with a nice safe catch.

As I said nether was at fault as both need to feel each other out in these situations. Lloyd has to realize Brady will always trow it away from coverage (which in this case is overthrowing and the receiver needing to run to the spot) while Brady has to realize Lloyd is use to contorting his body to make catches from QB's who use to underthrow the ball (WR picking the spot and the QB throwing it to the general area). Once they get a feel for each other they are going to be dangerous

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"" I think it's something we've been doing all season long, all through minicamp, training camp, regular season games. We made a commitment to running the football and it's a lot carries by the backs, they have a lot of opportunity. When you can control the tempo of the game with running the ball, it really helps out the rest of the team. It helps special teams, it helps defense, I'm not sure what the time of possession was, but it obviously helps that as well. You just can't drop back and throw it 50 times a game. If we're around 35 passes a game, that's where you want to be."

Sounds like Brady understands why the run game is important. If only Obrien had understood it.

And yes to those that didn't "get it" before, and probably won't admit to it now, the run game helps your defense....as Brady just said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Ugh classic Rusty. TB completes 74% of his passes and tosses 2 TDs and no turnovers and the first thing Rusty does is takes a shot at him. Unbelievable...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Agree completely. O'blivious wouldn't know how to optimize this offensive talent. McD is creative and mixes it up. THat potential TD pass to Lloyd in Q1 was vintage McD. Fake handoff, fake reverse, play action, Lloyd gets behind the defense. You can't do this much, but when you use it, you have to score. Execution will catch up. Big kudos to McD yesterday. 

Yesterday was a great example of how to use the run game. it's also helpful to have a back like Ridley and blocking which I thought the OLine did a pretty good job of. What i really liked is even when some of Ridley's runs went for no gain, or even a loss, the Pats didn't abandon the run. They stuck with it and it paid off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty has f'ing lost it.  He is nothing more than a troll at this point.  What the heck did this thread have to do with Brady?  What happened to "Brady doesn't want to run the ball"?  Just like the argument that Brady made a bad throw to Lloyd it is complete BS.  Yes McDaniels  is better than O'Brien, but did you see some of those moves that Ridley put on today?  I loved BJGE, but there is a reason BB drafted 2 RB after Law Firm's best season and let him walk instead of paying him a few million.