Why running matters...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Re: Why running matters...

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how some of you don't get it and walk right into it. Pretty annoying when an obscenely ridiculously high barometer is applied to a player or a side of the ball, isn't it? 

Remember last year when Chung and Spikes went down and the media and some fans here acted like losing 2 key starters was irrelevant?  Hmm. 

How about we just stop being so ridiculous?   The D was outstanding yesterday.  The offense was EXACTLY what some of us were looking for last year.  Just come clean already.   Time to move on.  Come clean and admit what we saw yesterday is how we'll win the next SB.  That was just Week 1, too.

I'd MUCH rather have Brady throw for 2 TDs, 250 yards, and see a lead back run for 20+ times with the game in hand, with a flow, a pacing, etc, than see what I saw last year from our offense. That was the most enjoyable win since Week 17 in 2010.

Sure seems like BB and McDaniels agree with me, Wozzy, True Champ, Sporter81, and all the  others who knew the root problem with this team was a penchant for getting caught in a trap of throwing to win games, almost exclusively.

Low and behold, literally every single thing O predicted showed its face yesterday.  BB with infusion toys on D (Jones and Hightower), his base working so well with experienc and depth, and the offense playing more methodically.  Yep.  Run the ball, put Brady under center and watch the pressure come off this D.

Go check out Velasco's (Tenn O Lineman) about what he thought about this club's 2011 D.  Go read his quote. It basically says the media is full of crap and that the players on the D are much better than the public thinks.

Also, Tavon Wilson looks like a 4 year vet out there, with no breakdowns, no mental errors and he's around the ball constantly, which allows Chung to use his skill set correctly.  Where is Mel Kiper ranting and raving about how BB reached?

Funny how people are allowed to be hypocrites when it comes to following the anti-BB media and then don't say a word about Brady's offense.  The fact is, the writing was on the wall.  This team is BETTER without leaning on JUST Welker or Gronk. It used to be that and Moss, but it's very clear the more you show early in games, the more confusing it is for an opponent's D to handle this offense in second halves. Proof positive, yet again.

This game in itself proves McDaniels has more control over BRady than O'Brien did.  No doubt.

Good job by Brady to hand it off more, get back under Center, and a great job by the D on the road against Chris Johnson and Co.

[/QUOTE]

It was clear by the interviews after the game that this was the game plan all along meaning run the ball to take pressure off TB and set up the pass not pass to set up the run. Brady has said this resently that he's all for not relying on the pass so much. Players were quoted saying the offense has been working hard at establishing the run in practice. It really showed yesterday.

Cannon really showed what we've been waiting for also. People forget he's 350lbs and loves to be aggressive with his run blocking. He might end up being the RG or the Patriots might reconsider the deal with Waters.

The media notice Wilson play also.

But as good as they looked yesterday it is one game and we have to give it more time. The week 3 game against the Ravens will be a good test!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Yeah we ran a lot of 3 tightend sets and I Formation over the last 5 years, I just forgot...

I'm not going to get into it with you booob.   Josh McDaniel's is light years ahead of O'Brien, be it with Laurence Maroney or with Ridely, he's just better. 

Try to refrain from the name calling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Having a productive back and a good D matters.
    Then your QB doesn't HAVE to throw 40 times.
    Much improved in both aspects.
    So far so good!

Effective running and good defense is a welcome change from what we have endured in recent history. Let's hope this wasn't a mirage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

love how some of you don't get it and walk right into it. Pretty annoying when an obscenely ridiculously high barometer is applied to a player or a side of the ball, isn't it?

Are you honestly trying to say that all your Brady bashing was in retaliation for people  bashing the D and other players?
    Am I reading that correctly?
    If so, they sell marbles pretty much anywhere,  you might want to pick up a bag.
    Please stop!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ridiculous, McCourty and Ras are studs, Arrington while not overly athletic is a great slot guy.  The D played really well today, especially impressed with Gregory and Wilson.  Huge upgrade at our only defensive backfield weakness; free safety.  Our defense is young, athletic and man they hit to hurt people.  Love it.

Agree with this. I thought Chung was going to hurt one of our players on a couple plays. Arrington was the weak link if any and he is a pretty good slot corner. I'd give the game ball to the O line. They run blocked pretty good and Mankins earned his pennys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hard to come to any conclusions when the opponent is as bad as Tennessee.  It resembled a high ranking college team playing a Div 1AA team to be honest. 

It was a good effort - but I wouldn't be handing anyone the season rushing title based on a win over the Titans.

Just sayin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Having a productive back and a good D matters.
    Then your QB doesn't HAVE to throw 40 times.
    Much improved in both aspects.
    So far so good!

Effective running and good defense is a welcome change from what we have endured in recent history. Let's hope this wasn't a mirage.

[/QUOTE]  Right huh?
    It looked very good and was a welcome sign to see all 3  sides of the ball clicking.
    Ridley was awesome and I wasn't sweating bullets each time the D took the field.
    Was more relaxed in this game than have been in years.  Good for the heart.  :-)
    9'rs, ravens and texans and maybe even the broncs, will be the real tests. 
    We shall see.