Why should Favre pay Sterger?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Why should Favre pay Sterger?

The damage is already done, isn't it?  He should tell her to pound sand.  If he pays her, isn't he just admitting what everybody already knows anyway?  

If I understand this thing, she has embarrassing information that she will reveal if he doesn't pay her.  She'll talk to God, er Goodell if he doesn't ante up?  That sounds like extortion to me.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Why should Favre pay Sterger?

It could be more costly for him to go to court. If they have proof and she is basically extorting him for her to go away, it might be cheaper.

Regardless, his silence essentially proves it was him.   A normal reaction would be to quickly deny it and move on, unless of course you try to be Bill Clinton at his weakest moment.

I am not sure this is anything more than an embarrasssing move by a future HOF QB who apparently did not offend the tramp enough for her to say anything earlier.

If it's true he was calling her through last year, he must have been getting some from her the whole time.

Now that it leaked out, lawyers are trying to make money off her, and how she frames it, obviously.

This is very similar to the Roetlisberger situations where he assaulted the gal at Lake Tahoe, and then her claims just disappeared.

To some degree, the girl he forced/trapped in the bathroom in Georgia, also went quietly. 

If he pays her, it can go away.  If he doesn't, it will continue on and the texts and photos can represent "harrassment".

Basically, Favre is an idiot. This only makes Minnesota look more stupid for catering to this dummy for the 2010 season, too.

Money talks. Always.  At the end, I feel bad for Favre's wife and kids. His self centered behavior, as we know it has been now for years spiraling out of control, has now crept into his family life.

He's a fraud.   I cringe when I hear the media praise this guy over and over when, outside of last year, he hadn't had a Pro Bowl season since the 1990s.

Favre has become Roger Clemens.

As mentioned, I would not be surprised if Favre has a boatload of girls like this similar to Woods.

The one thing I don't get about famous people is, how can they not know they are prime targets for extortion?    To me, this is such old news in terms of what NOT to do as a famous person.

I have a lot of respect for Jeter.  He knew he'd get tail up the wazoo as a superstar Yankees SS, so he just waited until he felt ready to get married.

It's not rocket science.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

This is a tough call for Favre. She says she has embarrassing information about him.
    Favre has got to be thinking, "What can be more embarrassing than throwing up, picking the Vicodin out of the vomit and eating them again". Unless he really is hung like a squirrel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Why should Favre pay Sterger?:
    [QUOTE]This is a tough call for Favre. She says she has embarrassing information about him. Favre has got to be thinking, "What can be more embarrassing than throwing up, picking the Vicodin out of the vomit and eating them again". Unless he really is hung like a squirrel.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

What about WORSE photos than that, though? Or, more of them?  In my opinion, the reason why he hasn't denied it is because he knows he sent more or worse of what he already sent.

She has him, pun intended, by the balls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why should Favre pay Sterger? : What about WORSE photos than that, though? Or, more of them?  In my opinion, the reason why he hasn't denied it is because he knows he sent more or worse of what he already sent. She has him, pun intended, by the balls.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

All kidding aside, I figured the reason why he absolutely has to pay her is for his wife. This is going to be more Humiliating to her than it is to Brett. Unless they have an open marriage which I seriously doubt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why should Favre pay Sterger? : All kidding aside, I figured the reason why he absolutely has to pay her is for his wife. This is going to be more Humiliating to her than it is to Brett. Unless they have an open marriage which I seriously doubt.

I'm kind of figuring that divorce is a done deal, unless she's stupid enough to fall for whatever lies he's telling her.  She could just take half his dough right now and nobody would blame her.  That's why I'm thinking the damage is done, but I suppose there may be more stuff out there yet to be released.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why should Favre pay Sterger? : I'm kind of figuring that divorce is a done deal, unless she's stupid enough to fall for whatever lies he's telling her.  She could just take half his dough right now and nobody would blame her.  That's why I'm thinking the damage is done, but I suppose there may be more stuff out there yet to be released.    
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

You're probably right and I wouldn't blame her either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why should Favre pay Sterger? : All kidding aside, I figured the reason why he absolutely has to pay her is for his wife. This is going to be more Humiliating to her than it is to Brett. Unless they have an open marriage which I seriously doubt.

Yup. I mean, I could care less about famous people's love lives and it's none of our business.

But, when you drive your car into a tree on Thanksgiving across from your house because your wife flipped out and you had to get out of dodge....

OR, you start texting your junk to chicks because you have no skills in picking up women because you got married when you were 22, you're a target for people to make money off you.

I mean, how hard is this?  Roethlisberger is a 2 time SB winning QB and he's locking drunk 20 year old in bathrooms and Favre resorts to sending text photos of his unit to try to get laid. 

In my worst days of tracking down tail, I was never that pathetic. 

You start putting the marriage thing into it, and it becomes more complex, no doubt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]All kidding aside, I figured the reason why he absolutely has to pay her is for his wife. This is going to be more Humiliating to her than it is to Brett. Unless they have an open marriage which I seriously doubt.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]Brett Favre has put his wife through hell. Check out her wiki page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deanna_Favre unwed pregnancy, Brett's addiction to Vicodin, Brett's drinking problem and now this.

Why does she stay with him? This is a recent comment from Deanna,

Responding to the scandal, Deanna stressed, “Faith has gotten me through many difficult struggles. It will get me through this one. I'm handling this through faith.”

She's a strong woman but I think this may be too hard, even for her, to handle. Brett is an idiot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Faith = $$

Pretty simple. She's playing the mother role and also the money role.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

You guys realize that the so called paying of Sterger is really just a deal for her not to sue him as well as keeping the information she has away from the public view. This is not extortion. Favre violated her rights and she has rights under the American justice system to get money from him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Brett Favre has put his wife through hell. Check out her wiki page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deanna_Favre, unwed pregnancy, Brett's addiction to Vicodin, Brett's drinking problem and now this. Why does she stay with him? This is a recent comment from Deanna, Responding to the scandal, Deanna stressed, “Faith has gotten me through many difficult struggles. It will get me through this one. I'm handling this through faith.” She's a strong woman but I think this may be too hard, even for her, to handle. Brett is an idiot.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

That's interesting..Good for her. It looks like he certainly married "up".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pay for what???  How was she harmed, anyway...?  Has any proof been offered the stuff came from HIS phone?  Plus, she comes out with this TWO years after the supposed incidents.  Gold digger!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why should Favre pay Sterger? : Yup. I mean, I could care less about famous people's love lives and it's none of our business. But, when you drive your car into a tree on Thanksgiving across from your house because your wife flipped out and you had to get out of dodge.... OR, you start texting your junk to chicks because you have no skills in picking up women because you got married when you were 22, you're a target for people to make money off you. I mean, how hard is this?  Roethlisberger is a 2 time SB winning QB and he's locking drunk 20 year old in bathrooms and Favre resorts to sending text photos of his unit to try to get laid.  In my worst days of tracking down tail, I was never that pathetic.  You start putting the marriage thing into it, and it becomes more complex, no doubt.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

For a regular guy, sure, I agree with you.

But I think you're underestimating the jock groupie effect. I've read that pro athletes, especially nationally known names, have women falling all over them constantly.

This whole lame act may have worked for him hundreds of times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It'd be the hoax of the century if the texts and calls came from some other guy in Mississippi who does a great Favre impersonation.

Couple that fact with the idea that Favre flat out refuses to acknowledge that it is not him, sort of hints at it being him.

I do agree she is a gold digger in this case.  If she was truly offended or felt harrassed, she should have said something a lot earlier.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Why all the conjecture and drama here?

Chalk it up to another arrogant professional athlete acting out in a  childish and moronic fashion.

He gets what gets....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think Rusty made some very good points above. As fans, we watch Favre play the media and bounce in and out of retirement and skip his preparation -- all the while the network wonks promulgating this "gunslinger" image -- and we say, "My god, that guy is a f*cking deuschebag." But the truth is, as fans, we have barely scratched the surface of what a piece of trash this guy really is. For someone as high-profile as Favre to subject his family to the kind of ridicule that is only now just beginning is . . .   well, it's beyond my ability to articulate. I don't know as I would put him quite in Tiger Woods territory, but this guy is a genuinely despicable human being.

And incidentally, has anyone besides me remarked the uncanny resemblance Miss Sterger holds to Deanna Favre?

Sections
Shortcuts