Why should we keep Galloway?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbfan12. Show tbfan12's posts

Why should we keep Galloway?

Why should we keep a 37 year old, who has lost a lot of his speed and hasn't picked up the Patriots 
    system yet over Nunn and Eldmen? It seems like we're doing this only because of his 
    "reputation".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Re: Why should we keep Galloway?

Dunno...Galloway is trying to learn the playbook and apply for Social Security at the same time, while Nunn can catch the ball off his shoelaces without breaking stride...reputation works okay in a dating bar, but it don't mean squat in the red zone....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You keep Galloway because he has the second most YAC yards of any active receiver. You keep Nunn and Edelman too, but Galloway is better than every receiver on the Patriots not named Welker or Moss. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Calm down fellas yes he is 36-37, but he has been very productive last year so I didn't really think he was going to get much PT in preseason. The only ones that have an accurate assessment of how well he fits into our system is the coaches and I'm not one so its frivulous to evaluate him or f Taylor based on preseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: Why should we keep Galloway?:
    Calm down fellas yes he is 36-37, but he has been very productive last year so I didn't really think he was going to get much PT in preseason. The only ones that have an accurate assessment of how well he fits into our system is the coaches and I'm not one so its frivulous to evaluate him or f Taylor based on preseason.
    Posted by Parish-sez
    We live in SW Florida and we do follow the Bucs since they are the nearest professional team in our area. Although we are not avid fans we keep up sorta. Joey does and has made some great plays but he has often dropped passes that should have been caught. Not one occassionally but often. He absolutely is not the go to guy in the clutch. However, I'm a Pats fan and will live without t. Nunn. Hope he has a tremendous career with the Jets, KC, denver or Detroit Whereever. Time to move on what say you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

Is Nunn better than the worst of the Jets, KC, Denver, Detroit, or wherever? Do they KNOW that?

Chances are better than not that be clears waivers (he wasn't even drafted) and should be back on the PS.

Galloway? - cut him and he's gone forever, for sure.

Should Galloway have been cut? -  I'm sure No. 12 gets a vote and -  in Bill AND Tom, I trust.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

He still probably the second fastest receiver on the team and really the only legitimate deep threat if Moss were to get hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

name a receiver that catches every pass thrown his way?im sure nunn will be on the practice squad if nobody signs him,and gallowway will be no diffrent then stallworth.he will draw respect from the corners, of his speed abilities thats in the 4.3 range,so he didnt lose to much there. it will help loosen up the coverage on moss,and welker.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

it took jabar a while to get comfortable with Tom too

Galloway still has the speed. He is learning a new playbook

It will come together

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We should keep Galloway instead of a promising rookie like Nunn for the following really good reasons:

1. Galloway will probably be with us a year.  Nunn would have contributed for several years.  The Pats are superb at drafting WR's, so we'll just pick one up next year.

2. Our top 2 receivers aren't that good or experienced.  We really need more veteran leadership at the WR position.  A rookie can't provide that.

3. As seen in the preseason, Galloway will take us over the top.  He makes our very average receiving corps look good now.

4. Yes, this is all sarcasm.  I think I need to add some Wild Turkey to my Kool-Aid today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

In Response to Re: Why should we keep Galloway?:
    We should keep Galloway instead of a promising rookie like Nunn for the following really good reasons: 1. Galloway will probably be with us a year.  Nunn would have contributed for several years.  The Pats are superb at drafting WR's, so we'll just pick one up next year. 2. Our top 2 receivers aren't that good or experienced.  We really need more veteran leadership at the WR position.  A rookie can't provide that. 3. As seen in the preseason, Galloway will take us over the top.  He makes our very average receiving corps look good now. 4. Yes, this is all sarcasm.  I think I need to add some Wild Turkey to my Kool-Aid today.
    Posted by carawaydj

<< Great Post ! />>

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Why should we keep Galloway?:
    Why should we keep a 37 year old, who has lost a lot of his speed and hasn't picked up the Patriots  system yet over Nunn and Eldmen? It seems like we're doing this only because of his  "reputation".
    Posted by tbfan12

We shouldn't keep Galloway. But it is a politically correct decison.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devenmorris. Show devenmorris's posts

In Response to Why should we keep Galloway?:
    Why should we keep a 37 year old, who has lost a lot of his speed and hasn't picked up the Patriots  system yet over Nunn and Eldmen? It seems like we're doing this only because of his  "reputation".
    Posted by tbfan12

you dont know if he fit into the pats "system" YOU AINT A COACH! they need to cut slater for the millionth time! i hate that dude. he always make mistakes all the time and they contuine to keep his as$... and also can you out run anyone in the nfl much less galloway.. so you cant say someone lost they speed unless you was his coach. so you can get on with this ignorant post and talk about somethin that has some worth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

look, joey has been disappointg thus far. but he is healthy. that would have been the final straw. had he pulled or nursed anything then i would have favored nunn or w=even aiken over him. but this guy has the second most YAC in the league and a ridiculous yards per catch ratio. also, HE HAS NOT LOST ANY OF HIS SPEED. where do u wishful thinkers get your stuff? everyone talks about how he is still burning folks in sprints and in practice. where he is lacking is gettg on same page with tommy. of all the probs on this team, i m least worried about that. he will get it. he's smart, a vet and a great worker. just a matter of time and some game situations. GALLOWAY WILL PRODUCE! i like nunn but barrg injury u could not add him unfortunately. aiken is as good and has more experience and is better at special teams right now. no way edelman goes thru waivers. nunn will be bak, bar none! now if galloway keeps stinkg or gets hurt, nunn will take over by week 6. i just dont like the idea of throwing rookies in that wr mix come real bullets. when pats go 5 wide: moss, welk, joey, lewis, aiken/edelman/faulk... thats pretty good right there! nunn would have been a luxury item for us.

Sections
Shortcuts