Why SO much hate for Haynesworth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Why SO much hate for Haynesworth?

Let me start by saying, as a person, I'll never forget the face stomp on Gurode. For that, I'll never cheer him as an individual.

I know about the pregnant stripper.

I know about the road rage face punch (to me, both were aholes on that one, I don't feel bad about the guy getting punched).

I'm well aware of quitting on Washington.

Unless I'm missing something, and I could be, I don't see how everything above warrants the total attack on his character, the character of BB, and the character of the whole Pats organization?

As a football player, on the field, he's guilty of the stomp, and quitting from time to time. Is he really the worst guy in the NFL? With the amount of press this is getting, and attention from many angles, I'm led to believe so.

I just don't get it. He's a low risk, extremely high reward risk. 5th rounder (I think he acquired 2 more while nobody was paying attention), and a non-guaranteed 5+million this year.  Seems like a rather brilliant FOOTBALL move to me.

Can anyone name any team leader on Washington when he arrived without looking them up? Who was his first coach there? I can't remember. But certainly noone to the degree of BB. No players held in such regard as Wilfork or Mayo, nevermind Brady. Any assistant coach like Pepper Johnson? Are the Pats paying him the richest contract ever for his position and making him a franchise player?

He was set up to fail in Washington, and he let himself fail miserably. He's got the structure and people around him to succeed in NE. And if he only cares about money, he has one year on this team to show the league he's worth another few million. Maybe two, but we'll see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Why SO much hate for Haynesworth?

ROFL you don't see how all on the above warrants the attack on Haynesworth's character? Seriously?

I understand BB and the Pats but Haynesworth is a low character guy who dumps pregnant strippers and has major anger issues not to mention that he gives up on his teammates and trys to lead a mutiny against his coach.

Haynesworth has no character. Just because he's in our laundry now doesn't change the fact that he is a low individual imo.

BTW until we get someone to back him up once we let Warren go that low risk turned into a high one. We're forced to count on him being in on every play were as before if he didn't work out no ig deal we had Warren. I felt good about the trade at first and if they get another guy that can fill his role if Haynsworth acts up I'll feel good about it then but right now the risk has gone up on a low character guy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I believe Haynsworth is a low character guy but I do think he will come here and try to make the most of this opportunity.  I disagree with Eng that he is high risk because we cut Warren.  Warren getting cut had nothing to do with acquiring Haynesworth, it had everything to do with Warren whether it be his pay, health, etc.  Warren saved only $200K on the cap so I have to think he was either not healthy or out-of-shape or something else caused him to get released.

As for Haynsworth, the move itself is getting none of the attention that the Ocho move has gotten.  Sapp and others think AH will bust and be a cancer and with good reason.  If $100MM doesn't motivate you, what will?  I don't buy that AH wasn't happy because he was on a losing team and that winning will fix everything.  AH wasn't happy with the position he was asked to play.  Here he won't be asked to play NT and BB will likely play him to his strengths which isn't sacking the QB, it's commanding double teams and pushing the pocket.  BB realizes that both VW and AH need to be double teamed and you can't double them both.  This is where AH's value comes in.  He will push the pocket and penetrate causing discomfort for QBs.

A 2013 5th rounder is nothing to give up to gamble on the guy.  We'll get that pick back just by moving around in the draft like we always do.  If he doesn't work out, adios.  If he comes in determined to silence his critics by returning to the player he was in TEN, BB will be seen as a genius and the Pats will be greatly improved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think that sadly if you look around any nfl locker room (our's included) you'd be shocked at the number of low character guys in there. Is Haynsworth one of them? Without a doubt. Do I care, if he plays well? Nope. I'm worried that he may not put the effort needed into this team, more than any misfit we've brought in, but he's probably more talented than any of them either (Moss may be the exception).

He plays a position that few can play well at and he's got the ability to do it better than anyone (which is saying a lot). He's got more talent than both Seymore and Wilfork and it cost us a 5th rounder. If his head is on straight...he changes this entire defense, if not...we are as good as last year (which wasn't good enough, by the way). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

attacking his character??  Who's done that?  You'd have to call him a rapis...um...murderer or a grandmother hater or Bin Laden to attack his character.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Why SO much hate for Haynesworth?:
    [QUOTE]Let me start by saying, as a person, I'll never forget the face stomp on Gurode. For that, I'll never cheer him as an individual. I know about the pregnant stripper. I know about the road rage face punch (to me, both were aholes on that one, I don't feel bad about the guy getting punched). I'm well aware of quitting on Washington. Unless I'm missing something, and I could be, I don't see how everything above warrants the total attack on his character, the character of BB, and the character of the whole Pats organization? As a football player, on the field, he's guilty of the stomp, and quitting from time to time. Is he really the worst guy in the NFL? With the amount of press this is getting, and attention from many angles, I'm led to believe so. I just don't get it. He's a low risk, extremely high reward risk. 5th rounder (I think he acquired 2 more while nobody was paying attention), and a non-guaranteed 5+million this year.  Seems like a rather brilliant FOOTBALL move to me. Can anyone name any team leader on Washington when he arrived without looking them up? Who was his first coach there? I can't remember. But certainly noone to the degree of BB. No players held in such regard as Wilfork or Mayo, nevermind Brady. Any assistant coach like Pepper Johnson? Are the Pats paying him the richest contract ever for his position and making him a franchise player? He was set up to fail in Washington, and he let himself fail miserably. He's got the structure and people around him to succeed in NE. And if he only cares about money, he has one year on this team to show the league he's worth another few million. Maybe two, but we'll see.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    ==========================================================
      Are you serious?? This guy is nothing but a 6`6 350# wallking pile of dog crap. I pray that he blows BOTH knees out before he makes the team.It ticks me off that BB puts us in a situation where we have to root for this sad excuse of a human.Here`s a link to a list of some of his "indescretions"
      http://patsblog.projo.com/2011/07/the-albert-hayn.html

And then ask me why all the hate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Football fans are drama queens. So they get all upset if anybody has been out of line, ever.

I don't see many crying about Meriweather kicking a guy while he was down in college though.

The drama queen thing is mysterious in its application.

Haynesworth is either going to play good football for us or not. The odds of him being a major force on our team are much higher than the chances the draft pick would have been. So, it's a good deal. If he acts like a hole Hoodie will eject him from our world. It's all good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hanesworth face raked a guy with his cleats. A guy that was down let me add. I also thought that Meriweather is a cheap thug as well. But they play on our team and theres a lot more worser * if I might make up a word* thugs in the NFL.     This is where its nice to be a homer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who hasn't started a brawl or groped a stripper?  I'm not going to marry the guy I'm just rooting for him to cripple opposing QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

In Response to Why SO much hate for Haynesworth?:
    [QUOTE]  He's a low risk, extremely high reward risk. 5th rounder (I think he acquired 2 more while nobody was paying attention), and a non-guaranteed 5+million this year.  Seems like a rather brilliant FOOTBALL move to me. Can anyone name any team leader on Washington when he arrived without looking them up? Who was his first coach there? I can't remember.  He was set up to fail in Washington, and he let himself fail miserably. Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

It is a low risk, potentialy brilliant move by the Pats, but that doesn't excuse his past.London Fletcher was on that team. He's a pretty good leader. Shanahan is almost in the same regard as Belichick as a coach.

He's a pro who was given a ton of money to play football and did not even try to adjust to the system.  Let's hope he doesn't approach football in NE like he did in Washington because the guy has a ton of talent...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i think dragon should revise his statement from who did haynesworth have as a leader in washington to, who did he have playing next to him to help him out, now that would be a better question to ask.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Its funny, I think we as humans are naturally forgiving.  As long as he comes to work with a good attitude and does his job to the fullest, no ones going to be ragging on him in 2012 because he screwed washington over.  Instead they will talk about this new leaf he has seemed to turn over and how far he has come.

Get it done Albert or continue on as a complete waste of God given talent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Why SO much hate for Haynesworth?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why SO much hate for Haynesworth? : ==========================================================   Are you serious?? This guy is nothing but a 6`6 350# wallking pile of dog crap. I pray that he blows BOTH knees out before he makes the team.It ticks me off that BB puts us in a situation where we have to root for this sad excuse of a human.Here`s a link to a list of some of his "indescretions"   http://patsblog.projo.com/2011/07/the-albert-hayn.html   And then ask me why all the hate.
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you. And this is my point! Throw out the fights with teammates, most coaches applaud, and try to create that thing every training camp, but Haynesworth is the bad guy for being a part of it.

He certsinly has road rage issues. But the running the car off the road charges were dropped, and he punched another @hole in the face, both were wrong. He also caused a guy to be paralyzed, that's pretty bad. He was speeding, 100 in a 70. I've done 123 down the Pike, not that it's ok, but EVERYONE speeds, or has, he got into a bad accident where most of us are lucky enough to avoid such things. Again, so much worse because HE did it.

Impregnated the stripper? Nothing to do with anything.

Fondled the waitress? Arrogant, jerky behavior. Kind of like drilling a hole to see into the cheerleaders' locker room, where was that? Philly?

And Mawae, one of the dirtiest, scumbaggiest players ever to don a uniform was oen of the combatants? Why don't people blame him for that one, the guy intentionally broke Ted Washington's leg while he was here.

I'm not saying it's all ok, I've stated clearly that I will not cheer the man for the Gurode incident which, to me, is the only truly bad thing. Quitting as he has in the past is a close second.

And Patseng, I never said I didn't get why people are bringing it up, my question is about the amount of attention it's gotten. Now, to be fair, as I've stated, I get most of my sports info from here as the TV shows mostly stink, and the writing is even worse for the paid scribes...that being said, I read a lot of comments, and saw a lot of threads about how this guy is the equivalent to the devil on the football field, and I just don't see it. Wasn't involved, to some degree, in a murder like Ray Lewis. A drunk driving death like leonard Little. Doesn't have the offspring of a Cromartie. Didn't plan a drive by on the stripper like Carruth.

I understand and acknowledge what he has done wrong, but I feel some people blow it way out of proportion because of his talent, and the contract he was given. People took it so far as to criticize BB and the team, and state they've sacrificed their integrity to make such a trade, with I think is laughable.

Whoever mentioned London Fletcher, ok I'll give you that one. He was a respected, good player in the NFL. But he was the only one you could come up with, and that's kind of my point. Shanahan wasn't there when he got their, and I, personally, do not think Shanahan is anywhere near the level of BB. Shanahan is what BB detractors try to make him out to be, he rode the wave of Elway, the team totally disappeared for 10 years after he retired, yet Shanahan still garners a ton of respect. BB has done it faster, longer, without the QB, and the team is trending UP after ten years and three rings, not the same level to me, not even close.

Now after Ocho, Nnamdi and other moves, this is less of an issue, but for about a 24 hour period I kept hearing how the Pats sold their souls and the organization was showing it's true colors. Hilarious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Also, to people asking about money, and if that doesn't motivate him what will...we've seen plenty of well paid players in all sportd for whatever reason get fed up with their current team/city and quit on them, be called washed up, and then revitalize their career elsewhere.

Manny anyone?

Moss?

Nathan Horton?

As sickening as it seems to us regular folk, sometimes making millions really isn't enough for these guys. As the saying goes, money can't buy happiness. Now that he has his money, I hope he finds a little happiness in NE, because if he does, they have an elite beast...no, that means they would have TWO elite beasts, totally over 700lbs, playing next to each other.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aseletzky. Show aseletzky's posts

Who cares. Lets see what he can do on the football field, granted he makes it out there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Why SO much hate for Haynesworth?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why SO much hate for Haynesworth? : Exactly what I was looking for, thank you. And this is my point! Throw out the fights with teammates, most coaches applaud, and try to create that thing every training camp, but Haynesworth is the bad guy for being a part of it. He certsinly has road rage issues. But the running the car off the road charges were dropped, and he punched another @hole in the face, both were wrong. He also caused a guy to be paralyzed, that's pretty bad. He was speeding, 100 in a 70. I've done 123 down the Pike, not that it's ok, but EVERYONE speeds, or has, he got into a bad accident where most of us are lucky enough to avoid such things. Again, so much worse because HE did it. Impregnated the stripper? Nothing to do with anything. Fondled the waitress? Arrogant, jerky behavior. Kind of like drilling a hole to see into the cheerleaders' locker room, where was that? Philly? And Mawae, one of the dirtiest, scumbaggiest players ever to don a uniform was oen of the combatants? Why don't people blame him for that one, the guy intentionally broke Ted Washington's leg while he was here. I'm not saying it's all ok, I've stated clearly that I will not cheer the man for the Gurode incident which, to me, is the only truly bad thing. Quitting as he has in the past is a close second. And Patseng, I never said I didn't get why people are bringing it up, my question is about the amount of attention it's gotten. Now, to be fair, as I've stated, I get most of my sports info from here as the TV shows mostly stink, and the writing is even worse for the paid scribes...that being said, I read a lot of comments, and saw a lot of threads about how this guy is the equivalent to the devil on the football field, and I just don't see it. Wasn't involved, to some degree, in a murder like Ray Lewis. A drunk driving death like leonard Little. Doesn't have the offspring of a Cromartie. Didn't plan a drive by on the stripper like Carruth. I understand and acknowledge what he has done wrong, but I feel some people blow it way out of proportion because of his talent, and the contract he was given. People took it so far as to criticize BB and the team, and state they've sacrificed their integrity to make such a trade, with I think is laughable. Whoever mentioned London Fletcher, ok I'll give you that one. He was a respected, good player in the NFL. But he was the only one you could come up with, and that's kind of my point. Shanahan wasn't there when he got their, and I, personally, do not think Shanahan is anywhere near the level of BB. Shanahan is what BB detractors try to make him out to be, he rode the wave of Elway, the team totally disappeared for 10 years after he retired, yet Shanahan still garners a ton of respect. BB has done it faster, longer, without the QB, and the team is trending UP after ten years and three rings, not the same level to me, not even close. Now after Ocho, Nnamdi and other moves, this is less of an issue, but for about a 24 hour period I kept hearing how the Pats sold their souls and the organization was showing it's true colors. Hilarious.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
         You are either laughing your a&& off as you are typing this or you are drunk as hell. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I guess it's just the nature of the beast, but football fans sometimes seem to have too strong a compulsion to either put players on pedestals or trash them completely.  All of these guys have their good and bad points--just like anyone else.  My advice is let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now and see what he does on the field . . . and hope he doesn't do too much negative stuff off the field. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The guy was driving a 100 in a Ferrari!! For that alone he should be cut and banned from the nfl! Who the hell would only do 100 in a Ferrari? They are built and tuned to do 200...embarrassing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The nature of the NFL is that if you want off a team, you must either become a malcontent or hold out outright.  With 100+ million dollar contract nobody is going to hold out and not get paid.  A team can cut you at a moments notice, the only leverage you have as a player, the only way to control your destiny as it were is to pout, talk smack in the press and be an all around jerk.

Beyond that Haynesworth is just a dogone, mean, surly cuss, no different than Ty Cobb, Bryan Cox or Jack Lambert...  we used to celebrate this on the field of play because the off the field stuff used to get little to no coverage in the press.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Why do we watch football?

We watch to see our team crush, kill and destroy their opponents.

Why do they have to be saints off the field?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from War-Eagle. Show War-Eagle's posts

The Patriots are bringing him in to play Football, not to be the leader of a Boy Scout troop or drive senior citizens to the local bingo games or be a member of a local church choir. Being an SEC fan and having seen him play his college ball at Tn, May I suggest the Patriots have a copy of Rocky Top handy and the fan base learn the lyrics, the man was amazing and can and I believe will be again, I am sure he understands this is his best chance and perhaps his last at becoming the NFL football player everyone thought he would be, this is where he builds his football legacy. Albert's antics since leaving the Vols may be a case of the head not fitting the helmet but with BB at the helm and the cast of coaches and players like Vince in the locker room an attitude adjustment if needed, I believe would quickly come down the pipe. Does "let he who is without sin among you cast the first stone " sound familiar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The media also helps to propagate this,

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/30376/video-the-patriot-way

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Haynesworth had zero respect for Shanahan, and vice-versa.  If it comes to a situation where BB perceives that Haynesworth is doing the same stuff on the field, he'll move him quickly.  Washington didn't have the advantage of benching him.  Washington also didn't have the same benefit of experience as the Pats have relative to quality guys on the field.

But I highly doubt we hear much of anything about his attitude on the field.  If BB is in on this, then Haynesworth is about to learn a lot about respect. 

Sections
Shortcuts