Why The Eagles are a good test?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Why The Eagles are a good test?

They have a very good pass rush [slightly better than the Giants who gave the Pats fits). Cole and Babin don,t get as much ink as the guys in Blue New Jersey, but, they are almost as good. A test for the Pats O Line, Maybr Jones will kill Vick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Why The Eagles are a good test?

It will be a good test for the O-line, I don't think Brady will play in this game monday night.  Might be a good thing, don't want to see him get crushed in a game that doesn't count.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Why The Eagles are a good test?:
    They have a very good pass rush [slightly better than the Giants who gave the Pats fits). Cole and Babin don,t get as much ink as the guys in Blue New Jersey, but, they are almost as good. A test for the Pats O Line, Maybr Jones will kill Vick.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Is Vick OK?  I seen him wack his hand on a Helmet during their 1st preseason game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Why The Eagles are a good test?:
    It will be a good test for the O-line, I don't think Brady will play in this game monday night.  Might be a good thing, don't want to see him get crushed in a game that doesn't count.
    Posted by TFB12

I'm curious to see who will play and who won't. With 3 games (Mon  Aug 20, Fri   Aug 24, Wed  Aug 29) in 10 days, Belichick will have to limit playing time, so you might be right. My guess is Brady will play Mon but not Fri, we'll see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Just remember to forget about the final score. You have to watch the game and see individual performances. This is extremely difficult to do without the coaches film. If you watch the broadcast pay intention to line play. You can get an idea of how the line will pan out by focusing on them and not by watching the ball. Forget about the DB and Safety play. You won't get anything out of the TV telecast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Just remember to forget about the final score. You have to watch the game and see individual performances. This is extremely difficult to do without the coaches film. If you watch the broadcast pay intention to line play. You can get an idea of how the line will pan out by focusing on them and not by watching the ball. Forget about the DB and Safety play. You won't get anything out of the TV telecast.
    Posted by tartarus12

agreed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Eagles first team wasn't performing well at all against Pittsburgh.  Maybe Pittsburgh got better or maybe Philly was crashing back to earth in front of their own fans last week.  A week and a half ago I would have rated them as the #6 team in the NFL, but my quite tentative ratings pulled them down all the way to #14 as of tonight. 

I note that Philly is a rare road warrior team.  It's almost like the players either have too much domestic squabbles or otherwise people backbite too much in Philly.  Maybe their home crowd makes all of its noise when the Iggles have the ball.  For whatever reason, the team has statistically performed better on the road than at home for the past 3 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Cullen Jenkins is the best pass rusher that nobody talks about

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I want to see OUR pass rush. That was IMO the weak link on this team. I'm not overly worried about the O with the exception of the O line. Dante will fix that he always does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's strange that we've gone so long between pre season games and now we'll get three almost right on top of each other, I don't like it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I want to see OUR pass rush. That was IMO the weak link on this team. I'm not overly worried about the O with the exception of the O line. Dante will fix that he always does.
    Posted by Philskiw1

i hope you are right about dante. as much as i was not happy about light's play over the last three years, i am not yet convinced that solder is the solution there. i still have visions of that youtube of him getting beaten over and over again by speedy guys on the cal d. maybe that's the reason they are trying to integrate some fb's. 

i also hope presence/absence of an fb does not tell the opposing d whether pats will pass or run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Why The Eagles are a good test? : I'm curious to see who will play and who won't. With 3 games (Mon  Aug 20, Fri   Aug 24, Wed  Aug 29) in 10 days, Belichick will have to limit playing time, so you might be right. My guess is Brady will play Mon but not Fri, we'll see.
    Posted by digger0862

I think we'll stick to what we always do. Brady will play the whole 1st half(depending on level of success) and he will play into the 3rd qtr in game 3 and not at all in game 4.

I am excited to see a heavy dose of Vareen with Ridley probably sitting out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

They were saying this morning that Philly plans on having their starters play 3 Qtrs tonight. IF that's true, could be a good test for the Pats D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Given Brady's performance in the first game, I think he will play a few series tonight at least.  He should, anyway.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by JohnHannahrulz

They supposedly plan to play their starters for at least the entire first half. So, this will be a good test, especially for the Pats' rookies and back-ups.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If the starters play really well in the first quarter tonight don't expect to see them very long. We have so many bubble players it's not even funny, a lot of other teams will benefit from players on our roster when it's all said and done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

WEEI said the Eagles starters will play 3 quarters tonight. Not sure what that means in relation to the Pats starters. Would like to see the running/screen game continue to be good. Opens up things even more for all of the other weapons offensively.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

WEEI said the Eagles starters will play 3 quarters tonight. Not sure what that means in relation to the Pats starters. Would like to see the running/screen game continue to be good. Opens up things even more for all of the other weapons offensively.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

Totally agree, I really don't care if the Pats score much if they use this game to flesh out the running game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Why The Eagles are a good test? : Totally agree, I really don't care if the Pats score much if they use this game to flesh out the running game.
    Posted by csylvia79

I thought the run game looked decent in game one, granted it requires less moving pieces to look alright, the pass game was brutal.  The younger O Line has to play to the whistle, have a nasty streak and the tight ends have to pick up the outside guys, Reid likes to blitz corners and safeties.  

I want to see Vereen with the first team and a lot of Bolden and Mallett, it won't hurt to see Demps returning kicks either...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Why The Eagles are a good test? : I thought the run game looked decent in game one, granted it requires less moving pieces to look alright, the pass game was brutal.  The younger O Line has to play to the whistle, have a nasty streak and the tight ends have to pick up the outside guys, Reid likes to blitz corners and safeties.   I want to see Vereen with the first team and a lot of Bolden and Mallett, it won't hurt to see Demps returning kicks either...
    Posted by wozzy

demps can't play tonight! stupid CBA NFLPA rules

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Posted by JohnHannahrulz

well, it'll be a good test for the scrubs. Otherwise, I don't think it'll be a good prediction for the regular season games.

Sections
Shortcuts