why the giants will win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: why the giants will win

In Response to why the giants will win:
    3. The Mannings own Brady and they are playing in Mannings house. 2. They were lucky to beat the Ravs, they cant beat any team with a winning record without luck, and their luck will run out soon. 1. Brady will never win a SB after marrying that tramp.
    Posted by nyfan11

3) Double check your Mannings Wins vs Brady chart  (Boy, that play with a non- "In the grasp" call and then the miraculous catch with the helmet earhole worked just as they drew it up, right?)

2) Lucky to beat the Rvens..... Suggest you watch NFL Replay of the NFCC, and see who got lucky with 2 late TO's for 10 points, including the "gift" in OT. That "luck" includes: the regular punt returner wasn't dressed  2) the "Other Brother" pulled a brain short circuit by NOT replacing #10/Williams on the OT punt or not instructing him to just fair catch the ball. You know, the SMART thing to do.

1) No need to be jealous. Be happy with whatever you've got to live with every day... day in and day out....  Remember, onky a lucky few actually win the Lottery. Seems to me Tom did it twice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win:
    In Response to Re: why the giants will win : I think both feet are down, but it is a judgement call. Either way, that is not the point. Whatever it was, it should have been caught - no questions on that. And as I have read in earlier comments, the discussion of luck came up with two muffed punts in the Giant win. In fact, one, as just described by you, one can be called a great defensive strip. I am not arguing any case - just making basic points of how games can turn on what starts out as an innocent play.
    Posted by jesseyeric

"one can be called a great defensive strip"

Not if the brain dead HC didn't instruct said returner to fair catch the ball inside their 20 yard line in OT, it's not. It's an open invitation to disaster, given his not being the regular returner. Rule is inside your 20, fair catch; inside your 10, get away and hope the ball gets into the endzone. Guess Boy Wonder missed that day in Head Coach College 101.

And, his brother, and the Ravens organization aas a whole, need some serious help, seeing NO ONE on the field (coaches, non-dressed players, dressed players, and Billy Shank himself, who KNEW he was going to be called upon), or those in the box, knew the exact down and distance. Then, with the clock winding down, the aforementioned challenged HC didn't use his TO to get his kicker on the field in the right frame of mind. So what if the Patriots called a TO to try and "ice" him! He shouldn't have been rushed onto the field to rush a FG attempt to tie the game with less than 30 seconds remaining, and your team's season on the line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : I think both feet are down, but it is a judgement call. Either way, that is not the point. Whatever it was, it should have been caught - no questions on that. And as I have read in earlier comments, the discussion of luck came up with two muffed punts in the Giant win. In fact, one, as just described by you, one can be called a great defensive strip. I am not arguing any case - just making basic points of how games can turn on what starts out as an innocent play.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Hmmmmm...... like the legit catch Gronk made down teh sidelines they waved off? Replay clearly showed he had 1 foot on the ground when he caught the ball, then the other foot came down in play, His next step was OOB. 4 point swing there, which makes the botched FG a mute point. Evans didn't complete the catch before the ball weas stripped, plain and simple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : Cannot disagree with you regarding playing in Indy. I am sure the Pats have a better feel for that stadium. But completely disagree with you on the luck. Pats should have lost if the Ravens receiver catches the ball which was thrown in his stomach in the end zone just prior to the missed FG. His dropping the ball was just as much luck as any other play his past weekend. And I still don't understand why that play wasn't reviewed. If the rules state that all you need is possesion when the ball crosses the imaginery goal line, then there is an argument that the receiver held onto the ball with full possession long enough to be considered a TD. Luck is part of the game and it cannot be discounted, especially in championship games. It usually does come down to a play like that. This game will be decided by which team can play more consistently in the trenches, on both sids of the ball. This is as close a match-up as I have seen in awhile for the S.B. and should be a very exciting game. Now that the spread has dropped to 2 1/2 points, those who have not bet on it yet, don't. At least those who consider themselves professional gamblers. But if Pat fans want to bet with their heart, then the spread is perfect as this will be a 3 pt game.
    Posted by jesseyeric

There were a least 8 points left on the field by the Pats. Obvious touchdown dropped by a wide open Gronk in first drive. A bad call on Gronk being out of bounds. Sooo, luck goes both ways. The final score is indicative of who wins the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to why the giants will win : How soon we forget. Jets guaranteed to win posted at 11/13/2011 5:12 PM EST   nyfan11 Posts: 30 First: 9/12/2011 Last: 1/26/2012 Jets D has always been Brady's worst nightmare. And you're in OUR house. No way you can sweep us and never will.  Want some advice? Go buy yourselves a box of kleenex because you're going to need it after the game. Go Jets, your 2012 SuperBowl champs.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Nice NYpatfan,  well they did win 2012 Superbowl Chumps anyway.   This is typical Jet's fan behavior. A pathetic organization, pathetic owner, pathetic coach and of course pathetic fans. They will always be the laughing stock of the NFL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by jesseyeric

Sorry, Eric, you are wrong.  This play is seen countless times over the course of the season in which the ball gets stripped from the receiver before completing the reception fully.  It just so happens this occurred in the end zone which made it more highly visible.  Besides, the argument you profer is mostly heard from Ravens and other fans who DID NOT want to see the Pats win. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to why the giants will win : You, sir, have the makings of a genius!
    Posted by JintsFan

You're the only user on this board who has posts of equal stupidity. I'll bet this is your other user ID. Get a life loser. Only losers prowl Message boards of teams other than their own. A tad bit jealous are we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

To : NY FAN11

RE: "They beat the Packers and the 9ers, 2 of the BEST teams in football.  That was not luck.  Giants won by pure skill and are simply the better team. Hope you enjoyed watching the 9ers choke” .  PURE SKILL ??????????

Who can possibly know what the complete effect of the death of the coach’s son had on the team.  Quarterback Aaron Rodgers said  this week's death of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's son had a deep effect on him so I wonder how many others it had an effect on.

Now regarding the 49ers. I can appreciate a fan being loyal to his team and even being biased at times BUT IF YOU ARE A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN AND IF YOU DID NOT SAY “WHEW, WE WERE LUCKY TO WIN THAT GAME VS SF”, then you are irrational.  I am a Patriot fan too and I will admit we were lucky the tying field goal was missed but it has been said, that only would have tied the game & sent it into OT and Patriots still might have won.

Mention has only been made about the bonehead play of Kyle Williams resulting in 2 fumbles. Yup, on the 2nd in OT I’d have used even Frank Gore or anyone not to risk a fumble. Read below & see the other breaks the Giants got that without them there might not have been an OT.

The 49ers outplayed the Giants. San Francisco’s defense brutalized Eli Manning , hitting him 21 times and sacking him six times. It was a marvelous defensive effort that should’ve combined with two big plays from tight end Vernon Davis to put San Francisco back in the Super Bowl.  Believe me, the better team did not win.  The Giants were lucky !!!  With the score tied with about 2 minutes to go there was an uncalled fumble by Giants’ Ahmad Bradshaw as he was artfully stripped of the ball while still upright.   The officials declined to review the play and refused to let coach Jim Harbaugh challenge the call because a forward progress judgment cannot be overturned by replay.  SF would have had the ball on the NY 20 yard line and could have milked the clock to score a TD or kick a field goal and even if there was time left, NY would have used all its timeouts.

But prior to this,  a near interception knocked out a 49ers by his own team mate.  Either player could have had the ball but they didn’t see each other. SF was so good they had 2 defenders on a Giant receiver. Alas, just one would have intercepted. This also happened on another play when 2 SF players bumped each other preventing an interception.  Uncanny that the 49ers led the NFL in turnover ratio and their special teams did not give up the ball once in any of their 17 other games and the bad luck that SF needed to use a Kyle Williams because of a knee injury to our premier return man, Ted Ginn.  And on the first turnover to have the ball take a bounce that nicks his knee by 1/2 inch.  On this turnover, the Giants got a TD and on the turnover in OT they got a field goal…these were the only points they scored in 2nd half accentuating the fact that 49er defense was terrific.  And, they were given the ball on SF’s 20 yard line both times !!!     

The best rivalry in sports between 2 cities is Boston vs NY(Red Sox/Yankees, Patriots/Jets etc)., I think ,  so let’s get it on …Giants vs. Patriots--- Hoorah !!!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

3. The Mannings own Brady and they are playing in Mannings house. 2. They were lucky to beat the Ravs, they cant beat any team with a winning record without luck, and their luck will run out soon. 1. Brady will never win a SB after marrying that tramp.
    Posted by nyfan11

Hey 11 and Gnts Fan,

I've got an idea for you guys.  If you're so certain of the future outcome of this game and with only a 2 to 3 Point Spread right now, why don't you mortgage everything you have and bet the Giants to win.  If you can't get a mortgage on your Trailer Homes then perhaps there is some Loan Shark money to be had. Get a large amount of Loan Shark Money right now before the Spread goes to even or goes the other way.  Then all you have to do is pay the Vig for a week and you guys might be able to be riding around Gotham in a Limo.  

Of course, if for whatever reason the Giants lose by more then the Spread then you might want to save enough money for a bus ride to a place called far, far away.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by nyfan11

Fat, Stupid and Drunk is no way to go through life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : Cannot disagree with you regarding playing in Indy. I am sure the Pats have a better feel for that stadium. But completely disagree with you on the luck. Pats should have lost if the Ravens receiver catches the ball which was thrown in his stomach in the end zone just prior to the missed FG. His dropping the ball was just as much luck as any other play his past weekend. And I still don't understand why that play wasn't reviewed. If the rules state that all you need is possesion when the ball crosses the imaginery goal line, then there is an argument that the receiver held onto the ball with full possession long enough to be considered a TD. Luck is part of the game and it cannot be discounted, especially in championship games. It usually does come down to a play like that. This game will be decided by which team can play more consistently in the trenches, on both sids of the ball. This is as close a match-up as I have seen in awhile for the S.B. and should be a very exciting game. Now that the spread has dropped to 2 1/2 points, those who have not bet on it yet, don't. At least those who consider themselves professional gamblers. But if Pat fans want to bet with their heart, then the spread is perfect as this will be a 3 pt game.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Is it Jersey Eric or JesseyEric, kind of a boy girl thing..either way "Come on Man!"

Did you see that look on the Raven's faces at the end of the game, get use to it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i love all this disrespect and stupid chatter....

last time we were the team of destiny and the dwarfs had no chance... and we p*ssed on ourselves...   well deserved....(no mention of luck...ooopss)

this certainly reminds me of 01... we are a new team... with a great qb who hasnt won in a while with a lot to prove... yes i said it....

keep chirpin... i am just getting a good feeling as I crank out caress of steel!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : Is it Jersey Eric or JesseyEric, kind of a boy girl thing..either way "Come on Man!" Did you see that look on the Raven's faces at the end of the game, get use to it.
    Posted by gmbill

haha... i asked him that like two years ago...its a typo...it should be "jersy" but typical of that area he f'd it up

funny ho he crawled out of the shadows... hes the ud6 of nj/ny

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ya  he was a jest fan then....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

The only way the Giants got in is because of that punt returner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The only way the Giants got in is because of that punt returner.
    Posted by myaim45

Interesting, isn't it?
    When you listen to the talking heads about the Pats.. they say the Ravens out played them and the missed FG is the reason they got in.. didn't know the FG would have won the game as I believe they are 3 points.  When they talk about the Giants, they simply talks about winning it in OT on a field goal with no mention of the gift TD from the first punt return faux pas.  All in all, the Giants EARNED their way in while the Patriots got lucky!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

both teams were lucky. i see the Giants moving the ball with ease against that Patriot D. the question will be can NE move the ball against the suddenly tough NJ D ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

both teams were lucky. i see the Giants moving the ball with ease against that Patriot D. the question will be can NE move the ball against the suddenly tough NJ D ?
    Posted by jerrynewyork

As I see Brady passing it with ease versus the Giants..  the 49'ers Smith couldn't get out of his own way and had happy feet all the time.  Giants aren't facing Smith regardless of how good their D may be, it is different this time.  Also, Pats D is playing better than the first meeting.. took two 49er gifts for the Giants to win..  while the Pats got one, but, that one only would have been a tie game at the time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : As I see Brady passing it with ease versus the Giants..  the 49'ers Smith couldn't get out of his own way and had happy feet all the time.  Giants aren't facing Smith regardless of how good their D may be, it is different this time.  Also, Pats D is playing better than the first meeting.. took two 49er gifts for the Giants to win..  while the Pats got one, but, that one only would have been a tie game at the time.
    Posted by agcsbill

NJ also stopped the high powered GB offense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by jerrynewyork

You would be wildly mistaken about that.  The drugs are affecting you, you don't have a suddenly tough D.  And since you didn't move the ball on us "with ease" the first time, not sure what you expect better for this time.  Both teams were not lucky.  Giants players specifically targetted Williams, and gave him a concussion.  They said they knew he was susceptible to them due to his earlier ones.  And that he was "dazed" after.  Only a moron would have let him keep returning punts after that, and in truth, a moron did just that.  Not luck, just poor coaching favoring players who were willing to give another player permanent brain damage on purpose.  The Ravens, on the other hand, trailed the Patriots until given multiple turnovers with short field.  Think what you want, but the results will speak for themselves after the superbowl.  I DARE you to come back then.  You sniveling cowardly front running fake fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : You would be wildly mistaken about that.  The drugs are affecting you, you don't have a suddenly tough D.  And since you didn't move the ball on us "with ease" the first time, not sure what you expect better for this time.  Both teams were not lucky.  Giants players specifically targetted Williams, and gave him a concussion.  They said they knew he was susceptible to them due to his earlier ones.  And that he was "dazed" after.  Only a moron would have let him keep returning punts after that, and in truth, a moron did just that.  Not luck, just poor coaching favoring players who were willing to give another player permanent brain damage on purpose.  The Ravens, on the other hand, trailed the Patriots until given multiple turnovers with short field.  Think what you want, but the results will speak for themselves after the superbowl.  I DARE you to come back then.  You sniveling cowardly front running fake fan.
    Posted by Davedsone

not a NJ Giants fan but thankyou for the compliment

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : NJ also stopped the high powered GB offense.
    Posted by jerrynewyork

So the wide open drops and wrong routes run were caused by NY? I didn't know you guys had mind control powers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : So the wide open drops and wrong routes run were caused by NY? I didn't know you guys had mind control powers.
    Posted by Evil2012

you guys ? i don't play for the New Jersey Giants

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : you guys ? i don't play for the New Jersey Giants
    Posted by jerrynewyork

Of course you don't. Men play in the NFL not pathetic little boys.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: why the giants will win : Is it Jersey Eric or JesseyEric, kind of a boy girl thing..either way "Come on Man!" Did you see that look on the Raven's faces at the end of the game, get use to it.
    Posted by gmbill

Maybe it's Eric by day and Jessy at night. Like all trolls who come here to flex their virtual muscles he/she is compensating for something.

Sections
Shortcuts