Why the Gronk overreaction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Why the Gronk overreaction?

It seems that every time we get a report that he's returning, everyone is ready-to-go, excited, and thinks the guy is about to be 100%, full-go, the same Gronk.

Then, we get a report that he has yet to be medically cleared, and the guy has brittle bones, will never be the same player, and we might as well IR him.

Are there any rational people left? This is a process, and it will take Gronk time to recover. Will he play against the Saints? Who knows. Will he play this season, build strength, and begin to develop into the Gronk of old? I don't see why not.

I know we're emotional about our teams, but let's try to be levelheaded and find some middle-ground here. Too many polarizing, uninformed opinions. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Why the Gronk overreaction?

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are there any rational people left?

[/QUOTE]

In this forum?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Because it's a sexy topic.  The dude is going to take as much time as possible to feel 100%, which is great IMO.  He's been ending seasons hurt, and he started this one hurt.  Hopefully he finishes this season relatively healthy by making a run in the playoffs with his team.  

Hey, it is what it is.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Impatience!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Gronk overreaction?  State of offense. Saints coming to town. Panic button pushed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

This of course is assuming there is an over reaction?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

The Pats did not put Gronk on PUP so that he could practice. Worth the gamble, IMHO. Gronk is not taking a spot on the active roster. Do people really believe that the Pats could use Gronk's roster spot to significantly improve this team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It seems that every time we get a report that he's returning, everyone is ready-to-go, excited, and thinks the guy is about to be 100%, full-go, the same Gronk.

Then, we get a report that he has yet to be medically cleared, and the guy has brittle bones, will never be the same player, and we might as well IR him.

Are there any rational people left? This is a process, and it will take Gronk time to recover. Will he play against the Saints? Who knows. Will he play this season, build strength, and begin to develop into the Gronk of old? I don't see why not.

I know we're emotional about our teams, but let's try to be levelheaded and find some middle-ground here. Too many polarizing, uninformed opinions. 

[/QUOTE]

The thing I find funny is the 100% tag, "don't play him until he's 100%"!!! 

All summer Boston Radio was yelling at Buchholz to get back out and pitch and giving him grieve for saying he wanted to be 100%. 

Now everyone want Gronk to wait until he's 100%.  Guess what football players are never 100% during the season they all have nagging problems.  You can't play professional contact sports and expect to be 100% from week to week.  If he is OK to play; play him, if there is a serious chance of reinjuring him sit him.  It's pretty simple really.  Oh and starting a thread called "Why the Gronk overreaction" is an overreaction... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

If he doesn't play this week I don't know what I'm going to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he doesn't play this week I don't know what I'm going to do.

[/QUOTE]

Might...could be an over reaction...LOL...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Becasue of how the offense is playing? Everyone is anticipating that the offense will play better when he comes back. Why overreact to the overreaction?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

I'm tired of Gronk stuff.  He's not the second coming of Christ!  Give a rest!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Becasue of how the offense is playing? Everyone is anticipating that the offense will play better when he comes back. Why overreact to the overreaction?

[/QUOTE]

That and the fact he is the ONLY pass catchin TE on the team. A Gronk at 75% strength will help open up possibilities for the other WRs. Its difficult for long time Pats fan to see their team's office resemble the St Louis Rams

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]Gronk overreaction?  State of offense. Saints coming to town. Panic button pushed.
    [/QUOTE]
    The worst that can happen is the Patriots fall to 4-2. No worries.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

In response to Angel-of-Light's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats did not put Gronk on PUP so that he could practice. Worth the gamble, IMHO. Gronk is not taking a spot on the active roster. Do people really believe that the Pats could use Gronk's roster spot to significantly improve this team?

[/QUOTE]

Well, Vereen's injury was originally diagnosed as a 4 week healing time, but he was placed on IR, possibly because they needed the roster spot. Perhaps if they knew Gronk wasn't going to be ready before week 7, they could have PUP'd him and left Vereen on the roster, and then maybe could have gotten him back around week 7 or so instead of week 12.

Not saying that definitely would have happened, but it's possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Here's rational.

Gronk has missed 30% of starts possible since he was drafted. He also has been MIA in two of the most crucial postseason games this team has ever played.

The "Great Gronk" is a fast fading memory.

Of course with the fiasco at the receiver position created by the ineptitude of the GM, most people are antsy for Gronk to get back and try to save the day. Unfortunately, they are putting their faith in a guy who has become fairly unreliable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

My condolences to those who have him on their fantasy team.

Sections
Shortcuts