WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL

Please add your comments after voting...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL

They have to make the Playoffs first and that Loss last night really hurt them in the Tie Breaker categories not just with the Pats but their likely Conference Rivals.
    I'm looking for some real favorable calls from the officials to make sure they don't lose many more games from here on out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Well being that none of the reasons are that "they don't make it to the Superbowl" i'm going to assume that you are saying they are a lock to make it, they just won't win it.  I can't vote in good conscience on a poll like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

1.Mark Sanchez
    2. Mark Sanchez
    3.  Their run game is very good, but not dominating.  They ran with success against the Pats last night, but the don't have the ability to gain chunk yardage against sturdy run defenses.  Put them in a hole, and Sanchez is simply not accurate enough to make NFL throws.  He will gift you 5-7 broken plays a game, and isn't decisive enough to stand in the spread and make multiple reads.  Notice all their passing concepts are off play action or simple high low stuff (slant to Holmes, on the back side Keller down the seam).  And Jets fans blame the OC, he may not be a genius, but it's so obvious that the QB play is holding back the offense.  He may go out and have a nice week on thursday, I don't deny that he can make some plays, but from september thru january, Mark Sanchez isn't good enough.  As long as they keep their wagon hitched to him, the afc east will reside in New England.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think it's really no secret the thing holding New Jersey back is their QB. 

He is really only effective against poor defensive play. If your team is even playing average ball he is not very good. 

Usually, the anouncers fill the airwaves with fluff and nonsense: it was excellent hearing them speculate about the Jets' future last night as the game wound down, and basically admitting on national TV that the player (Sanchez) they've been building up isn't cutting it. 

I think the quote was spot on, that you can't win in the modern NFL without being able to pass well, and Sanchez is essentially a road block to that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

You put Chad Henne on the Jets and Mark Sanchez on the Dolphins and the Henne would be a HUGE upgrade over Sanchez and the Jets would be a force.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Picked #1, the obvious choice.  

I was never a Sanchez believer.  Then I started to doubt my evaluation of him as he scored come-from-behind wins repeatedly last year. Not this year, though.  

I think Ryan is an excellent coach.  Give him a truly good, smart QB and he could get them to another level.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

Some of those teams in the CFL are not bad... so I'll go with the first option

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Maybe what's preventing them from taking it to the next level is a actually Rex Ryan. Who is trying to emulate the Raven's physical style of football and wants to run the ball and let the defense, be the hero vs allowing the offensive coordinator to run an offense that takes advantage of Sanchez athletic ability...As is moving the pocket and letting him roll out more...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL:
    [QUOTE]Besides  having a QB who is not capable... the D is overrated. I am not saying they are terrible but they certainly are not as good as their coach, themselves and their fans think they are.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    A majority of team's fan bases over-rate their home teams, that's hardly exclusive to the Jets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

They won't win because it's not an election.  You have to actually perform.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They won't win because they suck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]Well being that none of the reasons are that "they don't make it to the Superbowl" i'm going to assume that you are saying they are a lock to make it, they just won't win it.  I can't vote in good conscience on a poll like this.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

why in the world would you read these posts like they were legal documents?! Please!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL : why in the world would you read these posts like they were legal documents?! Please!
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

It's obvious, look at his avatar.  He's PARANOID!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Jets won't win the Superbowl because they S U C K

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

The Jets can't win this year because it is not foretold by Mayan prophecy.  After 2012, though, anything could happen.  They may have to sacrifice Sanchez to win the gods' favor.

Which reminds me of a joke I just heard.

Q: What did Jesus say to the Chicago Cubs?

A: "Don't do anything until I get back!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]They have to make the Playoffs first and that Loss last night really hurt them in the Tie Breaker categories not just with the Pats but their likely Conference Rivals. I'm looking for some real favorable calls from the officials to make sure they don't lose many more games from here on out.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Bingo...they won't make the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yep.  Not going to make the playoffs.

Sanchez is truly terrible at this level. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Next up: Why the Indianapolis Colts won't win the Superbowl.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL:
    [QUOTE]Please add your comments after voting...
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Your voting options should have included an "all of the above" or at least multiple choices, because there are so many reasons they won't win!! I went with the Sanchez explanation, because though I like him and wish he played for someone other than The Loud Mouth, he just does not seem to have it in the clutch. (Similar issues at USC too where I watched him play.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL : Your voting options should have included an "all of the above" or at least multiple choices, because there are so many reasons they won't win!! I went with the Sanchez explanation, because though I like him and wish he played for someone other than The Loud Mouth, he just does not seem to have it in the clutch. (Similar issues at USC too where I watched him play.)
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

They didn't give more options. I would have had to remove one or more. Which I could have done. There were a couple of nonsensical ones but I thought that would liven up the read.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe what's preventing them from taking it to the next level is a actually Rex Ryan. Who is trying to emulate the Raven's physical style of football and wants to run the ball and let the defense, be the hero vs allowing the offensive coordinator to run an offense that takes advantage of Sanchez athletic ability...As is moving the pocket and letting him roll out more...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Ryan has the best overall record of any coach in Jets history including Parcells. Ryan has elevated the play of the team. Sanchez needs better coaching, a new OC and a new QB coach; someone to coach him up the way Harbaugh has coached up Alex Smith in SF. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WHY THE JETS WONT WIN THE SUPERBOWL : Ryan has the best overall record of any coach in Jets history including Parcells. Ryan has elevated the play of the team. Sanchez needs better coaching, a new OC and a new QB coach; someone to coach him up the way Harbaugh has coached up Alex Smith in SF. 
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

I will give you this: Sanchez is good enough to win a SuperBowl - BUT only if the D is truly dominating (the best or 2nd best in the league) AND he has a superior O oline, DEPENDABLE receivers (not just big play makers), AND superior RBs. In short he can win if all he has to do is not lose the game and come up with a few key plays a game. He is able to come up with a few key plays a game. So are half the starters in the league.

So either you upgrade the entire team around him or you significantly upgrade QB. I hope they just keep trying to go with the "almost" good enough strategy they have been using for 3 years. If they added an exceptional guard, exceptional RT, 1 very consistent, dependable WR, 1 superior RB (Greene is pretty good but nothing special, like the QB), 1 really really good safety, 1 solid CB, and 1-2 pass rushers... that is 8-9 players. Hope they keep Sanchez.