Why the panic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rangaprabhu. Show rangaprabhu's posts

Why the panic?

So yes, that was a bad loss. We had that in the bag and gave it away. Everytime I was to believe Maroney has turned the corner, he makes a really bad mistake in an important game. Good game from Moss/Brady and Welker lost. Surprising time management gaffes by BB. All that said, why the panic?
    The Patriots are well positioned to win AFC East. They are probably not going to have home field advantage but when has that stopped us?. Losing a game like this makes you a better team for the rest of the season which is still well within our abilities. Brady is back to firing on all cylinders. The defense actually put up a meaningful show (although they got tired by the fourth quarter). Look past the shocking end of tonight's game and you would not have to panic. NBC pays its commentators and ad guys to hype it up. Doesn't mean it is anything more than a good regular season game between two of the better AFC teams.
    Chin up folks...The season is far from over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Why the panic?

you can add the int in the endzone also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

yeah but now all that drive and momentum is drained.  I cant remember ever seeing something that poor

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't know if I would call it panic, but what we just saw was not simply a loss to a better team. The Pats had been dominating that game -- it never should have been that close at the end -- but being unable to finish against good teams is becoming a hallmark of recent Patriot editions. If the Colts had made a series of tremendous plays to claw its way back into the game, that would be one thing. But to watch the Pats simply roll over and hand it to them -- well, it's just unacceptable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

In Response to Why the panic?:
    [QUOTE]So yes, that was a bad loss. We had that in the bag and gave it away. Everytime I was to believe Maroney has turned the corner, he makes a really bad mistake in an important game. Good game from Moss/Brady and Welker lost. Surprising time management gaffes by BB. All that said, why the panic? The Patriots are well positioned to win AFC East. They are probably not going to have home field advantage but when has that stopped us?. Losing a game like this makes you a better team for the rest of the season which is still well within our abilities. Brady is back to firing on all cylinders. The defense actually put up a meaningful show (although they got tired by the fourth quarter). Look past the shocking end of tonight's game and you would not have to panic. NBC pays its commentators and ad guys to hype it up. Doesn't mean it is anything more than a good regular season game between two of the better AFC teams. Chin up folks...The season is far from over.
    Posted by rangaprabhu[/QUOTE]

When your defense cannot stop anyone....what does it matter???????

It was another epic choke where the defense could not make a stop! This team is not a Superbowl contender...not when you blow a 17 point lead like nothing! Get over it man!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Back to the drawing board. I'll be sick for a day or so but I just learned a lot about our team. There's no way I can be disappointed again this season after tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

This team cannot close out big games anymore.

Unless and until it rediscovers how to do so, this dynasty is over.

One game is an isolated incident, but this has been a pattern since 2006.  Three years is enough to assume that it's now a trend.

And that one quality win this year: against a Falcons squad that just lost to the Panthers today.

The Colts are what the Patriots used to be, and it's sad to watch.  Here's to knowing that the Jets will feel the Pats' wrath, but after today it's clear that the Jets aren't for real, either.

I think this Patriots team has to beat the Saints to be considered legitimate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]So yes, that was a bad loss. We had that in the bag and gave it away. Everytime I was to believe Maroney has turned the corner, he makes a really bad mistake in an important game. Good game from Moss/Brady and Welker lost. Surprising time management gaffes by BB. All that said, why the panic? The Patriots are well positioned to win AFC East. They are probably not going to have home field advantage but when has that stopped us?. Losing a game like this makes you a better team for the rest of the season which is still well within our abilities. Brady is back to firing on all cylinders. The defense actually put up a meaningful show (although they got tired by the fourth quarter). Look past the shocking end of tonight's game and you would not have to panic. NBC pays its commentators and ad guys to hype it up. Doesn't mean it is anything more than a good regular season game between two of the better AFC teams. Chin up folks...The season is far from over.

Who's panicked? I'm pissed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rangaprabhu. Show rangaprabhu's posts

I agree that it is a disturbing trend that we seem to be the team that loses the big games. We were the scrappy one that plucked victory from the jaws of defeat. Starting with 2006 AFC championships through this one, we have lost games that matter- if not on the record but on the morale and psyche. But from a player standpoint, we didnt surrender because of crap play calling or any such thing. The coach made a bad 4th down call and we had a disastrous touchback on what should have been an easy touch down. That is not a reflection of how good or bad the team is. The NO game will be important from the psyche standpoint. If we cant take them out, we are not a championship caliber team- we would have lost to 3 teams that are contending- Broncos, Colts and Saints. If we can win that one, we are still in business.
    For all doomsday predictors, I would remind them of 2007 season Giants. An above average team that played well enough in the playoffs to win it all. Why cant we do that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

Guys calm down, sheesh. Starting ends were out and without Morris, dancer and faulk broke down in the end. Arent we still up 2 games in the division?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I just hope I have enough Scotch to get me over this game.  I agree with other posters in that the Pat's should have put this game away and instead gave it away.  Blame Maroney, Belichick or Brady (he did throw an int in the end zone).  But as Praireimike said this team can't seem to finish against the good teams anymore.  Unless there is improvement all the way around I can't see this team in the Superbowl.  They're young and there is still time to get better.  They need to improve their redzone offense learn to put good teams away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Thanks I needed that but all the talk I've been ignoring about losing so much on D is hitting home about now. This team can't go far if they don't get a pass rusher for one and someone who knows how to call the plays they need to close out a game. They rolled over on both sides of the ball. Give Manning/Colts their due, they did get a 31yd gift to get it to six but what can you do.

I feel like I did when Aaron Boone hit that home run, sick to my stomach. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Was having a rough week all week and looked fwd to this game.. it lived up to the hype but man did it take a few years off my life.  No one to blaim particularily.  Just a tough loss.  But the same type of win to give Indy the confidence to run the table...

No more predictions for me...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

The Defense got tired. My issue with that is they got tired again. Same as the 2006 and 2007 D's despite being younger on D and shouldn't have gotten tired. The D can't close a game down and the running game isn't good enough to close down a game. Bring back Antwain Smith or Corey Dillion. When the Pats had them they could close games down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

This defense is pathetic.....same as it was in the 2006 AFC game, same as it was in 2007 and same as it was in 2008.......PATHETIC!! Cannot get stops on 3rd down and cannot stop drives - period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

It was a bad loss. The Pats had lost 2 scoring opportunities at the end zones, or else it would not have been close. But that said, the pats still had played a good game overall. Vollmer was holding his own and will be good.  Stanback looked like he may have some promise. Moss IS Moss.

This is only a regular season game. I hope the Pats will settle the scores in ther playoff.  And by that, you hope Fred Taylor and Sam Morris, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green will be back to bolster the depth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Why the panic?: Why the panic? Because the Patriots have still not won a road game yet this year? Because the NFL schedule-makers gifted us in the first half, but now we are loaded with tough games going forward? Maybe because the Dolphins and Jets now are only 2 back, and both have a shot at us, with a road game in New Orleans in between? Maybe because the defense now knows the coaching staff has no faith in them? Maybe because we have an arrogant coach who inexplicably thought he was in a Pop Warner 10 year old game where punters only kick it 10 yards? And we all talk about this as merely some shuffling of playoff positions? Pass the kool aid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

No Panic just stunned, shocked and P!$$ed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Just pretend that Leodis McKelvin didn't fumble that ball for the Bills and we beat the Colts to improve to 6-3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

I like how a rookie, an improving saftey, and overated saftey, a declining saftery who lost his job, a detroit castoff, and a second year cornerback held manning for 3 quarters...
    where is shawn springs btw?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Why the panic?:
    [QUOTE]This team cannot close out big games anymore. Unless and until it rediscovers how to do so, this dynasty is over. One game is an isolated incident, but this has been a pattern since 2006.  Three years is enough to assume that it's now a trend. And that one quality win this year: against a Falcons squad that just lost to the Panthers today. The Colts are what the Patriots used to be, and it's sad to watch.  Here's to knowing that the Jets will feel the Pats' wrath, but after today it's clear that the Jets aren't for real, either. I think this Patriots team has to beat the Saints to be considered legitimate.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    QFT-The Pats have not been able to close out big games in what seems like forever, it's been different reasons in different games, but the theme remains the same.  It's frustrating to see the Pats beat the hell out of the Colts for 3 quarters, then absolutely collapse in the 4th.  I honestly felt Indy was a better team than the Saints going into this game, but now im not so sure.  Pats have to make a statement against the Saints, or any remaining luster from the superbowl years will be gone.  This loss is gunna stick with me for awhile, one of the most painful ones i've seen..a certified collapse

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

in the sports betting point of view,
    Patriots can afford to lose this game.
    There is way too much money involved in sports betting
    to be ignored.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]For all doomsday predictors, I would remind them of 2007 season Giants. An above average team that played well enough in the playoffs to win it all. Why cant we do that?

1.) the 2007 Giants had a great pass rush
    2.) the 2007 Giants could pound the ball on the ground.

The Pats lost tonight because they can't run the ball effectively enough to run out the clock.

You can only get away with Faulk draws out of the shotgun for so long.

Unless you think the RB situation ("Maroney's going to prove us all wrong, you'll see") wil fix itself, the Pats, in a road game vs an elite team, will have no lead that's safe. Right now they are similar to the old run-n-shoot Oilers of the early 1990s, a team that blew a 35-3 lead at Buffalo for the same reason the Pats blew a 34-21 lead at Indy.

BTW, in order to return to the SB, at least in the Pats case, a team has to beat an elite team on the road, something the Pats haven't done since 2007.

The 2008 Pats were 11-5 due to a soft schedule, but the only playoff team they defeated was Miami, an upstart team that went 1-and-done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

[QUOTE]Guys calm down, sheesh. Starting ends were out and without Morris, dancer and faulk broke down in the end. Arent we still up 2 games in the division?
    Posted by nepatsfan523[/QUOTE]

Yeah let's win the division!!! You A$$$. That doesn't mean anything come the playoffs.