Why the patriots are hated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Why the patriots are hated

Long-winded way of saying fans of most other teams see the Pats as the team that annually keeps their teams from getting to the SB and/or from winning the SB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I love Mayo.  I live way up herein New England. They love Us.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Long-winded way of saying fans of most other teams see the Pats as the team that annually keeps their teams from getting to the SB and/or from winning the SB.

Fans are bacisally one of three groups ardent supporter of, casual or bandwagon. Rivalries draw the most ardent fans into the fray who suport thier team and root for anyone that plays their rival. As an ardent fan of all of my hometown teams. I root against the Jets, Lakers, Yankees & Les Habitans (Montreal Canadians).

The Patriots are today and have been among the elite for the better part of a decade and with that they've drawn the ire of many fan bases along the way (Bills, Dolphins & Jets). They've also garnered the support of many fans that jump on the bandwagon too...

The pudits on the National Networks are also part of the wray. While many here site them as haters, in fact their job is to take a position for or against and make a compelling enough case that the viewers watching, stay tuned in or like many of us spend the week leading up to the game dismissing there analysis....Both the ESPN and NFL Networks are in the buisness of entertainment. Hard core football is for the ardent fan, for the networks, the NFL in particular, the more compelling the game appears on thier shows the more viewers are likely to tune in. "helping to create a buzz"..Vegas has the Pat's as 9.5 point favorites...if all of the networks jumped on the Patriots bandwagon and all they did was reinforce that the game was over before they even kicked off it could negetively impact the ratings which drives the overall price of the brand.

Fact of the matter is that when you don't have a dog in the fight you tend to pull for the underdog to win. Given the dynamics of todays game...the Ravens are the underdog and they're also getting a bump in support due to Lewis...None of it matters once they kickoff, then the better team will win. I like our chances...

Go Pat's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Todays game is our Super Bowl for today. We have to win this Super Bowl today to get to the next Super Bowl. 

I can't see the Pat's as a 9.5 favorite but those establishing the odds are a lot smarter than I am.

Good luck Pats play the best you can, that's all anyone can ask for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I have no problem with people hating the Patriots. I figure they are just missing out watching one of the better teams in NFL history.

The problem I have with this story is the author uses two sources. One is a Buffalo Bills fan who may or may not be in the closet about Brady. The other is a player who sometimes sees the field and backed off his tweety comments. There has to be a better quality of hater for the Pats out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Well well well.  USA today explains it all.   

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2013/01/17/new-england-patriots-fans-hate-them/1566432/

Winningfootballpenisenvy

USA TODAY is a rag. They should concern themselves with that "stellar" creature  Ray Lewis. Oh, for good measure, they may want to take note of the Ravin's head hunting safety,Ed Reed, who should have been suspended for the hit to Branch's head in the first game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

USA TODAY should conduct a poll on what  % of people in this country

that hate Obama. The results would be interesting. B.B. for President.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

We already did a poll on Obama . . . he won a second term. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

But that doesn't tell us how many people hate him, that just tells us how many people hated Romney more, lol. That's how it is in todays politics, esp in MA, you don't vote for the person you like, you vote against the person you don't like more

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

does not answer the ?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know why, but for some reason nobody hates the Browns or Rams or Bills.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We really don't smell like lobster and chowder.....   Do we?  Ha h  talk about stereo typing.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Better to be hated for winning and excellence than ignored for being mediocre or laughed at for ineptitude.

I say bring the hate and hopefully for many years to come.

True, but how does one explain all the press the Jets get for being mediocre and laughed at for butt fumbles?

Oh, I think that question answers itself. Time to go watch the video again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The Pats don't ever provide any fodder. 

The biggest story-line is who is injured or who is talking about feet.

Kraft did get a lot of coverage last year as he should have but other than that, since spygate, they are a pretty boring show, that is since spygate where it was Pats 24/7.

That, and ya, everyone wants to see winners fail.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

When the Patriots won in 2001, they were portrayed in the press as lovable overachievers, who played the game of their lives to beat a far superior Rams team.  (All of which was basically true).  The general perception was that the 2001 Pats were a fluke, no one thought they were a dynasty in the making.   After the Pats won in 2003 & 2004, they became the NFL's reigning dynasty.  Everyone outside of NE hated them, particularly in NY, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.   The ridiculously overblown controversy that was"Spygate" just poured gasoline on the fire.  (Would anyone have cared if the Jets were caught doing this?).

Bottom line is that, as one of the posters above said, if you're a football fan without a team  in  the playoff fight, you root for the underdog.  (Not the obnoxious troll).  The only thing "lovable" about the thuggish Ravens is that they're not the Patriots today. 

I've been a diehard fan of this team since 1976.  I never thought I'd see the day when the Pats would be like the Bill Russell era Celtics of football.  People outside of NE hate the Pats for one basic reason; they've already won three and as long as they have TB in his relative prime, they are a major threat to win the Super Bowl every single freakin' year.  I'm enjoying every minute of the hate while it lasts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Norger's comment:

When the Patriots won in 2001, they were portrayed in the press as lovable overachievers, who played the game of their lives to beat a far superior Rams team.  (All of which was basically true).  The general perception was that the 2001 Pats were a fluke, no one thought they were a dynasty in the making.   After the Pats won in 2003 & 2004, they became the NFL's reigning dynasty.  Everyone outside of NE hated them, particularly in NY, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.   The ridiculously overblown controversy that was"Spygate" just poured gasoline on the fire.  (Would anyone have cared if the Jets were caught doing this?).

Bottom line is that, as one of the posters above said, if you're a football fan without a team  in  the playoff fight, you root for the underdog.  (Not the obnoxious troll).  The only thing "lovable" about the thuggish Ravens is that they're not the Patriots today. 

I've been a diehard fan of this team since 1976.  I never thought I'd see the day when the Pats would be like the Bill Russell era Celtics of football.  People outside of NE hate the Pats for one basic reason; they've already won three and as long as they have TB in his relative prime, they are a major threat to win the Super Bowl every single freakin' year.  I'm enjoying every minute of the hate while it lasts.

agreed, we all should stop and smell the roses. Because it will come to and end and then like every other dynastic team will spend the better part of a decade trying to find the right formula to return to glory. The Packers of the 60's took almost 30 years to win another, the Steelers and Cowboys of the 70's both won in the 90's while the dolphins are still trying to find that elusive formula..The 49ers of the 80's are just now back in the hunt. Ditto the Giants And the other dynastic team the Redskins of the 80's are just now beginniarrives how signs of becoming a power...what all of them have in common...was an owner that hired a very good football guy to lead the team...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Why are the patriots hated?

That's easy-They cheated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

The Jets are the best comedy in NY since Sienfeld.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

its because we win so much. i agree that spygate was the stupidest thing they've ever done. other teams were doing it and they didn't gain much if any advantage but it looks bad. rival fans blow it out of proportion and use it as an excuse as to why the Patriots are so good.  People love their teams and hate to see one team like the Patriots dominate for so long.  Its all just envy though, deep down they know the Patriots are a great team. 

living on the west coast I've had to go to sports bars to see a couple of games and see first hand how much other fans dislike the Patriots. Its all good though, rather be great and hated than lousy and liked.

Same here, I have to endure the West Coast hatred of the east. No matter what the sport or circumstance. I wear my gear as a badge of honor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let's  face it; the rest of the country just kind of hates us New Englanders in general. We make more money than them, have the best colleges, best hospitals and  Bay Staters are the only ones in the nation to care enough about people to install our own universal health care.

Bottom line: everybody else sucks and they hate us because we don't.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

I have no problem with people hating the Patriots. I figure they are just missing out watching one of the better teams in NFL history.

The problem I have with this story is the author uses two sources. One is a Buffalo Bills fan who may or may not be in the closet about Brady. The other is a player who sometimes sees the field and backed off his tweety comments. There has to be a better quality of hater for the Pats out there.

agree... Too many of these articles just spew the narrow extreme viewpoint or pander to it.  there is no sanity or integrity in sports media. It is intended to be polarizing . Why...?  It sells.  thing is I'm not buying.  I would rather inviscerate them with words and wish more people in media could do it too. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

You mean like every other team in the league?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

EMBRACE THE HATE

Sections
Shortcuts