Why the Pats didn't pickup a real third WR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

Why the Pats didn't pickup a real third WR!

So far the Pats were using a rookie Edelman and special teamers Aiken to play the 3rd WR spot.  Galloway was a has been "on the cheap".   So my only conclusion is that Kraft was just trying to save a few bucks by not signing a true wide-out.  I must say with all the cap space the Pats have, I'm really disappointed Kraft didn't open the checkbook and sign some real talent.

Thoughs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

Re: Why the Pats didn't pickup a real third WR!

In Response to Why the Pats didn't pickup a real third WR!:
    [QUOTE]So far the Pats were using a rookie Edelman and special teamers Aiken to play the 3rd WR spot.  Galloway was a has been "on the cheap".   So my only conclusion is that Kraft was just trying to save a few bucks by not signing a true wide-out.  I must say with all the cap space the Pats have, I'm really disappointed Kraft didn't open the checkbook and sign some real talent. Thoughs?
    Posted by payingfan[/QUOTE]

dont n e 1 respond to this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Like who??  If you're going to make a statement like that, please give some examples of who was available.  Did you want the Pats to go after TO??  I guess they could have ponied up more $$ to keep Gaffney but he was worth more to Denver because Josh McD wanted to bring in someone with prior experience in his offense.

Personally, I find the "Kraft is too cheap" reason for any of the teams problems as complete BS.  I thought the Pats made a good move when they brought in Galloway but he just didn't work out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

everything this dude says is about kraft bein cheap, hes just stirring things up....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

In Response to Re: Why the Pats didn't pickup a real third WR!:
    [QUOTE]Like who??  If you're going to make a statement like that, please give some examples of who was available.  Did you want the Pats to go after TO??  I guess they could have ponied up more $$ to keep Gaffney but he was worth more to Denver because Josh McD wanted to bring in someone with prior experience in his offense. Personally, I find the "Kraft is too cheap" reason for any of the teams problems as complete BS.  I thought the Pats made a good move when they brought in Galloway but he just didn't work out. 
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Well you just proved my point!  Gaffney was perfect for the Pats and would not have cost much.  But Cheapo Kraft decided to let him go.  Denver had no problem opening the vault and paying Gaffney.  And they already had Marshall, Royal, and Stokely at WR.  Letting Gaffney go was a crime for all the hard working cash paying Patriots fans!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why the Pats didn't pickup a real third WR! : Well you just proved my point!  Gaffney was perfect for the Pats and would not have cost much.  But Cheapo Kraft decided to let him go.  Denver had no problem opening the vault and paying Gaffney.  And they already had Marshall, Royal, and Stokely at WR.  Letting Gaffney go was a crime for all the hard working cash paying Patriots fans!

I am getting sick of your BS....Denver was way under the CAP.....they had the money to sign him.....we had nothing under the cap until we traded Cassell/Vrabel.....by then it was too late....Gaff-me was gone. 

Please stop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Once again you are completely lacking an understanding of how the NFL cap works.  THIS IS NOT BASEBALL!!!!  The Pats do not have a lot of cap room.  They are using what little they have to lock up their potential free agents to longer deals (Aiken, Banta-Cain, Alexander).

Also, kindly name all the talented 3rd receivers that are eagerly sitting at home waiting to be picked up by a team in the middle of the season.  There aren't any.  Gaffney was good, but was overpaid by Denver.  

Even if Kraft wanted to spend tons of money, the cap just doesn't allow you to do it.  Please stop making threads criticizing the best owner in sports based on a lack of understanding of how it works.  Plenty of people have now explained it and you still ignore it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from capps. Show capps's posts

yeah, it's official...WORST poster EVER!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Lets see Gaffney signed for 4 years 10 million. At this point he has 18 catches for 242 yards. Not exactly earth shattering numbers. Sam Aiken 5 catches 56 yards, Julian Edelman 21 catches for 188 yards.

So you are getting more production out of Aiken and Edelman then you would with Gaffney. Edelman and Aikens combined contracts are 4.496 million. Gaffney is guaranteed 3 million alone. Boy I wish they really knew what they were doing in the front office

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

BOB KRAFT CERTAINLY IS NO WOODY JOHNSON, so this doof isnt actually too off on how the pats CHEAP out and let players go with ease!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"BOB KRAFT CERTAINLY IS NO WOODY JOHNSON"

Thankfully you're right!!  Bob Kraft has 3 championship trophies while Woody's got nothing!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I just think that BB believes he can find that 3rd reciever.  If you have followed the pats at all this decade you can see that.

they let go of branch, bethel, givens, stallworth, gaffney, caldwell, etc.  all have done well in the system and someone else will step up.

i agree i would have liked them to resign gaffney and if Mcdaniels never left new england then he would probably still be here for less money.  but ish happens!

One thing that you have to really accept is that THIS ORGINIZATION DOES NOT GET EMOTIONAL ABOUT THE DECISIONS THEY MAKE.  (not yelling just wanted to point it out)

The only person that is safe is TB and as long as BB is in control even #12 can be let loose if his "magic" starts to wear off.

NOTHING PERSONAL, JUST BUSINESS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

paying fan,
            thanks for wasting 10 mins of my life that I will never get back.  For that I am using the ignore button on your baffon A S S.  You are offically worse than Underdog. Thank God for the Ignore button, or will I be too cheap to click it......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady to Welker/Moss in 2007 = 31 TDs. Belichick thought another 31 from them would still equal alot of wins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

[QUOTE]BOB KRAFT CERTAINLY IS NO WOODY JOHNSON, so this doof isnt actually too off on how the pats CHEAP out and let players go with ease!
    Posted by HCofTheNYJ[/QUOTE]

Nice too see another Patsfan that agrees with me!  Hey, what's up with the Namath pic, I hate to tell you but he played for the Jets, not the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why the Pats didn't pickup a real third WR! : Nice too see another Patsfan that agrees with me!  Hey, what's up with the Namath pic, I hate to tell you but he played for the Jets, not the Pats.

ur an idiot and all pats fans should be ashamed that you represent them. you justify why pats fans are known to be front running uninformed tards

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Same troll-new name-drop dead Leon like your Jets

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

You can't belame the owner for not having a decent 3rd WR.  That blame falls of Big Bill.  He has had some poor offseason signings which are now coming back to bite us.  Gaffney could have been re-signed for the money he received versus what we had to pay Joey G. and whomever replaces him.  Still that terrible drop against Indy still sticks in my mind with Gaffney, but still the most reliable option left.

Sections
Shortcuts