Why The Run Saves Brady

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Why The Run Saves Brady

Google Search

<Why Rusty is a Troll? >

Your search returned more than 1000 results. Please select reset and define what kind of trolling for specific results

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A good running game keeps the other team guessing.  We know with Brady, the Pats can pass, add a smash mouth running game, they are more dangerous.

I forget the Giant player that was on ESPN yesterday. He said the difference between the Pats of 2013 and 2007, they have a running game this year.  In 2007, you can dare the Pats to run and they wouldn't.  This year, you'll get crushed and it sets up Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Google Search

<Why Rusty is a Troll? >

Your search returned more than 1000 results. Please select reset and define what kind of trolling for specific results

Why is that a trollish comment? I would agree that with the horses he now has, running to set up a play action pass would seem to make sense. It would also extend Brady's career. It does not diminish Brady's greatness, only enhances and extends it. I think he would be the first to embrace it. He has never been about stat accumulation.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

A good running game keeps the other team guessing.  We know with Brady, the Pats can pass, add a smash mouth running game, they are more dangerous.

I forget the Giant player that was on ESPN yesterday. He said the difference between the Pats of 2013 and 2007, they have a running game this year.  In 2007, you can dare the Pats to run and they wouldn't.  This year, you'll get crushed and it sets up Brady.

Im going to repeat myself.

It's not just that it's telegraphing the play. In recent years if we had a formation with 3 wides everyone in the stadium knew we were going to throw. If Brady was under center we ran. Last week these formations went either way and it confused the hell out of the Indy D. We kept catching their LBs and DBs cheating towards the line expecting a run then getting smoked on the play action pass or catching the LBs dropping back to disrupt the crossing routes and we ran.

It doesn't work all the time but it's a vast improvement from before.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

stupid thread

"“One of the keys to beating Brady is not to show any indicators, stand like wooden Indians and make him beat you running out of the pocket.”

the quote has nothing to do with the Patriots run game. It means get to brady via hurries, pressures, hits, sacks - because he's not as effective on the run and when under pressure.

You could say this about any QB in the league

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Google Search

<Why Rusty is a Troll? >

Why is that a trollish comment? I would agree that with the horses he now has, running to set up a play action pass would seem to make sense. It would also extend Brady's career. It does not diminish Brady's greatness, only enhances and extends it. I think he would be the first to embrace it. He has never been about stat accumulation.

this isnt about Brady finally having a running game. This thread is about an ongoing agenda against the G.O.A.T.  You must be new posting here..

I love it how everyone thinks they are a genius because at some point they said Brady is throwing too much but dont have the N*ts to say BB had him throwing so much because of A.) no run game, B.) no defense

In the past 2 years, acquiring Talib on D and Blount on O has given this team a chance. No new concepts have been used. Everyone knows that lineman like to run block, blah blah blah but in the past 2 weeks all these genius want to tell me how football works. Its about what you HAVE. This year we have a RB who BB trusts. IN the past, not so much. So all these threads by the resident Eediot is just his idea of thumping his chest to say, See I told you so....when in reality, BB is still the same coach. He is just using the run now because it is effective and our D is a bit better than a doormat with Talib in there.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

B.B. DOES decide the direction of the playcalling. Its been proven already.

"Throw it Billy!!!, Throw it!!!"

- Bill Belicheck informing coordinator Bill O'Brien to stop running and to throw the ball.

"A Football Life" 2009

Where is your proof of this absurd conspiracy theory that speak of?

Oh and try some original material. You saw someone post about BB in the SB having his back to the O and this somehow means to you, that BB never gets involved in the D. Well if you wanna take that stance, you cant say anything good about the D then. If BB is so busy coaching up the D every second, how good are they? 

You Lose..... Again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Decades from now, people are still going to be talking about Brady as one of the greatest who have ever played QB.  He's made the plays, he's put up the stats.  Add another ring to that is only going to further cement that argument.  No one is going to say, "Yeah, but in the 2013 SB he only threw for 150 yards".  As long as they win and add that ring, it doesn't matter how it happened and will do nothing to lessen his legacy, only enhance it. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

It sucks that a loudmouth from Baltimore has to point this out, but it's the truth.  I've said it all along. Don't sub the backs and run the ball because defenses run everything out of the same formations, which means Brady can see where the match up is,

Just get up to the line and smash them in the mouth until you can get to playaction:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/five-keys-to-taking-down-tom-brady-and-the-new-england-patriots-offense-011514

"“One of the keys to beating Brady is not to show any indicators, stand like wooden Indians and make him beat you running out of the pocket.”

This isn't breaking news Russ. Same applies to Gomer and any QB that takes an intellectual approach to the game, understands how to exploit defenses and has the physical tools to do it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Decades from now, people are still going to be talking about Brady as one of the greatest who have ever played QB.  He's made the plays, he's put up the stats.  Add another ring to that is only going to further cement that argument.  No one is going to say, "Yeah, but in the 2013 SB he only threw for 150 yards".  As long as they win and add that ring, it doesn't matter how it happened and will do nothing to lessen his legacy, only enhance it. 

Exactly.  This all started going south in 2007 when the stats chase was on.   I loved every single second of last week's version of Brady. Every single second of it.

Lol. Who put Brady with moss, welker, stallworth and Gaffney And left them with a crappy RB that no team respected? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The run doesn't "save Brady."

The run is the friend of EVERY quarterback.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Bingo. Thanks Wozz.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

you beat me to that wozzy u read my mind on that statement.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

you beat me to that wozzy u read my mind on that statement.

Exactly, but Brady thought he was above it.  "I prefer the shotgun."

You can't etablish a run from the shotgun. Notice how Denver could not put SD away last week after dominating.

Why?

Moreno got carries exclusively from the shotgun.

Case closed on this topic.

REX RYAN A MULTI YEAR ex welcome to more 8-8 seasons

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts