Why they are here................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Why they are here................

I think Jim Morrison sang it best to describe the NY sports scene

"When the music's over.........turn out the lights............turn out the lights.............turn out the lights.............."

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

Three sports.....8 Teams.....Not ONE winning record....

No wonder they troll TITLE TOWN !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Why they are here................

its crazy right? even the 2 jewels of NY, the Yankees and Giants are really meandering trying to hold onto past glory, only to find repeating old tricks simply leads to old players.

I happen to think Coughlin is an outstanding coach, however time has told us he does wear thin after time and his players tune him out...I have always been simply "meh" on Reese.

If Reese and Coughlin are back, I see the same old same old with the Jints next year, with some assnt coaches jettisoned. If Coughlin wants to walk away (his choice), I could see Reese then getting canned and the team rebuilding.

Kiwi, Tuck and JPP have a lot of injury and wear and tear on them. The OL is decimated and Baas looks to be a bust. Looks like Snee will retire due to hips. Beatty? WOw, $38M for that type of performance? Eli...33 years old and due a ton of money...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

67 and 91, I dont count the sabres, not much room to be attacking other teams and cities from the likes of Meadowlark and several others

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"When the music's over.........turn out the lights............turn out the lights.............turn out the lights.............."

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

[/QUOTE]

DOH!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

[/QUOTE]

Any Morrison reference is always a great post.

My personal favorite is from the Absolutely Live album where he's reacting to the audience ...

"Well that's NY for you ... the only people who rush the stage are guys"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

[/QUOTE]

Any Morrison reference is always a great post.

My personal favorite is from the Absolutely Live album where he's reacting to the audience ...

"Well that's NY for you ... the only people who rush the stage are guys"

[/QUOTE]

That one gave me a John Denver smile man........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Wonder if MeadowankMike wants to wager how many of those teams will finish above .500 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its crazy right? even the 2 jewels of NY, the Yankees and Giants are really meandering trying to hold onto past glory, only to find repeating old tricks simply leads to old players.

I happen to think Coughlin is an outstanding coach, however time has told us he does wear thin after time and his players tune him out...I have always been simply "meh" on Reese.

If Reese and Coughlin are back, I see the same old same old with the Jints next year, with some assnt coaches jettisoned. If Coughlin wants to walk away (his choice), I could see Reese then getting canned and the team rebuilding.

Kiwi, Tuck and JPP have a lot of injury and wear and tear on them. The OL is decimated and Baas looks to be a bust. Looks like Snee will retire due to hips. Beatty? WOw, $38M for that type of performance? Eli...33 years old and due a ton of money...

[/QUOTE]

Cap hell. If they hold onto Reese/Coughlin, which they likely will for 2014,  a 3rd straight year of no playoffs like the Jets and Steelers will be on the horizon.

[/QUOTE]

It's worse than that, it would be 5 out of 6 years. They're worse than the Jets, and that's really hard to do. And it's not like they're a young team. They need to blow it up. Deal Eli for a couple of 2nd rounders, maybe.  

I maintain if it was BB, he'd be run out of town. Kraft wouldn't put up with that kind of mediocrity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

[/QUOTE]

Wow!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cap hell. If they hold onto Reese/Coughlin, which they likely will for 2014,  a 3rd straight year of no playoffs like the Jets and Steelers will be on the horizon.

[/QUOTE]

Can't be right, the jets, steelers, and gints all have great general managers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If the Jets just quit screwing around at QB and got themselves a legit signal caller they would be a playoff team. They have the foundation it is a matter of a QB and a couple of skill players. Here is to hoping Geno Smith stays around for a while.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Jets just quit screwing around at QB and got themselves a legit signal caller they would be a playoff team. They have the foundation it is a matter of a QB and a couple of skill players. Here is to hoping Geno Smith stays around for a while.

[/QUOTE]

They have a top notch front seven on defense, and that's about what they have. They have the worst skill position players in the NFL, bar none. One of the 3 or 4 worst QB situations. Their OL is mediocre at best. Ditto the secondary. 

Other than that, they're awesome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree. They have 3 good defenive linemen  in Wilkerson, Richardson is also s good run stopper type and Harrison might be something, but they have so many busts.  I just don't think you can have so many older players (Reed, Pace, Holmes, Harris, Mangold, Cromartie, Winslow, etc), knowing you have to replace a lof of them soon, that their pipeline is as weak as any in the league.

This will be their 3rd straight year in missing the playoffs and 2 of their wins were under suspicious circumstances. Their problems are definitely at QB with busts, but also elsewhere like at WR, RB, S, CB OL.

Lot of holes to deal with and I don't think Idzik is dumb enough to pull a Tannenbaum and just go shopping to fix them.

[/QUOTE]

Russ their front 7 is solid. They lack a corner and a safety on d. The o-line is serviceable and the backs are fine. They lack a playmaker at wr. 

Bring in a business like HC, a QB and some skill players they will be a legit playoff team. 

A good QB can cover for some "holes". 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have a top notch front seven on defense, and that's about what they have. They have the worst skill position players in the NFL, bar none. One of the 3 or 4 worst QB situations. Their OL is mediocre at best. Ditto the secondary. 

Other than that, they're awesome.

[/QUOTE]

here is to hoping idznik disagrees with you. i hope the kid is there for a few more years.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I simply do not agree with "cap hell"...and won a bet last offseason to prove it.

The Steelers will very easily be pretty free with cap space by dealing with 4-6 aging performers...

Ditto the Jints

The Jets were supposed to be in "cap hell"...but they will win 6-7 games this year with 3-4 win talent...and they have $40 million in cap space next year...

"cap hell" is simply another excuse for poor player evaluation. luck also plays into it a great deal....lets face it, if the Jints offer JE $1M last offseason, he is not playing here. Jints will also be helped by Eli "doing a Brady", which has saved the Pats azz a couple of times now.

I understand being tight against the cap, and honestly, I look at the Pats, and they are going to really be tight against the cap next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Giants         5 - 9

Jets             6 - 8

Nets           9 - 16

Knicks        8 - 17

Sabers       9 - 23

Rangers     16 - 17

Devils         14 - 15

Islanders    9 - 19

[/QUOTE]

nah I come here to talk football and keep Pats fans rampant arrogance in check by reminding them Giants are Pats Daddy's... : )

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Hey, a New York team won 2nite.  Of course the guys they beat were Tada, a new york team

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

68 and 93

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

rkarp, how do you think the Jets would play if events led them to hire Tom Coughlin as coach in the offseason? I still think the lack of a QB hurts them, even though I respect Coughlin alot.

Sections
Shortcuts