Why This Happended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Why This Happended

The answer as to why this happened is unquestionably the dismantling of both the offense and defense by injury and one criminal act.  In reality this is a legitimate excuse for the embarrassment in Denver.  Fans wanting a win is only natural however, if we took off the blinders and faced reality a loss would be more probable.  Actually, a losing season would have been probable. 

The biggest surprise to me was the prediction of a win by some of the media sports "experts".

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Why This Happended

In response to bingobilly's comment:

The answer as to why this happened is unquestionably the dismantling of both the offense and defense by injury and one criminal act.  In reality this is a legitimate excuse for the embarrassment in Denver.  Fans wanting a win is only natural however, if we took off the blinders and faced reality a loss would be more probable.  Actually, a losing season would have been probable. 

The biggest surprise to me was the prediction of a win by some of the media sports "experts".

It happened for the same reason it's been happening for years. Our GM is MEDIOCRE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

There is no failure here !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It happened for the same reason it's been happening for years. Our GM is MEDIOCRE!

BB makes mistakes but no coach or GM is perfect. No one could have predicted the major injuries, the Hernandez fiasco, etc. Say what you want, this club was and is in the midst of a rebuilding as the older players are mostly gone and we still went 12-4. We've had 12-13 consecutive great years of winning while other team have hit the heights and fallen apart like Houston and Baltimore this year. The Pats are the SECOND YOUNGEST team in the NFL. With some solid draft choices and improvement of our young players like Spikes, Collins, etc and return of Meyo, Wilfork, etc the defense will only get much better.

Hetch  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

no excuse. we got beat by a better team today. the good news is that the patriots are the second youngest team in the league and that they had a couple of guys who will be back from ir next year. id like to see improvement at dt and a top flight reciever or two added to the mix. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

BB makes mistakes but no coach or GM is perfect.

Just stop with the kool-aide talk. He surrounds Brady with draft busts, bad FAs and street scrubs and expects him to win SBs.

Any other elite QB would laugh in BB's face if he asked them to sign on to this collection of crap he has assembled.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

no excuse. we got beat by a better team today. the good news is that the patriots are the second youngest team in the league and that they had a couple of guys who will be back from ir next year. id like to see improvement at dt and a top flight reciever or two added to the mix. 

I said pretty much the same. The Pats are rebuilding and anyone who doesn't realize is kidding themselves. THe only difference is because of BB and Brady the Pats keep wnning while they rebuild. I can't wait till next season. 

Cheers, Hetch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I agree with you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Could not agree more... I actually think BB relishes trying to win with mediocre talent...arrogance?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Bellicheck started training camp with incredible talent.  Hernandez and Gronk are incredible talents and they both imploded.

Please stop saying "bellicheck likes mediocre talent"

If they had Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Edelman, and name a 5th guy - they would have CRUSHED denver today.

But they don't have those guys.  Hernandez is a nut.  Gronk is a buffoon.  Amendola was hurt all year and not a legit #1 target.

Take away Decker, and D. Thomas - and give Welker a severe groin injury and tell me that the Broncos would even MAKE the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We got beat by the better team today and if we had won we most likely would of got beat by the better team in two weeks. Truth is Elway did a better job building his team than BB did...and the sadder truth is Pete Carrol did too. So yeah the better team won today, just like last year, the year before, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that and the year before that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

We got beat by the better team today and if we had won we most likely would of got beat by the better team in two weeks. Truth is Elway did a better job building his team than BB did...and the sadder truth is Pete Carrol did too. So yeah the better team won today, just like last year, the year before, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that and the year before that.

+1.

But the year before that was a great year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Bellicheck started training camp with incredible talent.  Hernandez and Gronk are incredible talents and they both imploded.

If they had Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Edelman, and name a 5th guy - they would have CRUSHED denver today.

But they don't have those guys.  Hernandez is a nut.  Gronk is a buffoon.  Amendola was hurt all year and not a legit #1 target.

Take away Decker, and D. Thomas - and give Welker a severe groin injury and tell me that the Broncos would even MAKE the playoffs.

You're way too rational for this crowd.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Just stop with the kool-aide talk. He surrounds Brady with draft busts, bad FAs and street scrubs and expects him to win SBs.

Any other elite QB would laugh in BB's face if he asked them to sign on to this collection of crap he has assembled.

I couldn't have said it any better.  Excellent scribe...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Thanks for your assessment of this team that made it to the final 4 again for the third year in a row.  You are hereby noted as a first class dimwitted Tool .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Why this happened first and foremost is Denver is a tough place to play the highest scoring most talented team in the league.  Add to that some key assists from th officials and the patriots had a tough tough road.   

It would have taken a heroic gameplan from bold coaches on both sides of the ball to have a chance ...  and Pats ain't got that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Are their any realistic Pats fans in the universe!!!?? Yes, the loss stings but for me it was clearly expected. The pats were playing with house money. When Wilfork went down I was sure they could not overcome that. Then add Mayo on top of that. Talib was barely healthy the entire year. I personally loved this season and salute this team and players for an incredible year! The Pats will be back and in contention for another Super Bowl next year. I personally cannot wait!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Umm, no.  Elway is lucky he didn't have 6 Pro Bowl caliber players from from his roster due to injury.

Wilfork, Gronk, Mayo, Talib in this game, Hernandez (before the season), Vollmer.

If Denver had been stripped down the middle, there is no way they get the 1 seed.

NE was robbed in NY and Carolina and didn't get the 1 seed to get the weather to affect Gomer. Gomer gets 60 degrees and sun and Talib gets cheapshotted.  This means Elway built his team better? bwahhahaah

It has nothing to do with being better built. It has to do with some serious bad luck of injuries.

Also, Pete Carroll is not the GM of Seattle.  Seattle has been sitting on mostly top 15 picks for years and years in a crap division, so it's nowhere near the same thing.

Clearly, a healthy Pats club wipes the floor with Denver. Obviously.

Elway is a yellow toothed blind squirrel who found a nut.  Leave it to you as an idiot to pretend this team was not ravaged by injuries like no team in NFL history to make it to a conf title game.

Russ

It is important to see reality (our losses, injuries) but also give credit where credit is due. The hit on Talib was cheap but I am not sure if it was illegal? The Broncos had better personnel on the field yesterday and we didn't. Therefore, they won. They deserved to win. It doesn't matter we had injuries or were cheap-shoted. This is part of everyday NFL life.

I wish Broncos well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Our "explanations" and "reasons" will be plentiful as the number of pizzas delivered on SB Sunday.

"If this" and "If that" are NOT just Patriots questions, but Bengals, Colts, Chiefs, Saints, Eagles, 49ers, Chargers, Packers ones.   As well as the "if this and that" of the eventual SB loser.

And then a new season begins, and another 11 playoff losing teams in 2014 will be asking the same questions.

It's over.  

But, to get to the playoffs in 2014:

1. Gronk and Wilfork need to be back, and let's not kid ourseves - there is a very real possibility that they could be nothing close to what they were.

2. One or two of Dobson, KT, Boyce must get on a growing curve pretty fast to get to where Decker and D. THomas are now.  (Forget Amendola; he's a useless decoy and dumped cost).

3. With Talib back, the secondary will  be at best mediocre.

4. Belichick needs to coach and defer GM/personnel to someone else.  McDaniels makes O'Brien look like a genius.  I like Matt Patricia, considering the mess he dealt with.  This is Kraft's call.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

One of the few people here who actually gets it.  None of these buffoons were freaking out about the talent on offense in May.  It's amazing how quickly they rewrite history.

Sections
Shortcuts