Why trade Mallett?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Why trade Mallett?

If NE can get higher than a 3rd for Mallett they have to take it imo.  If Brady stays healthy there is no reason to believe he would stay here to be a backup when his contract expires.  If they can't get more than a 3rd I'd just keep him for the insurance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

McCoy to the 49'ers as back up. Seems Harbaugh thinks he can do wonders with McCoy.

Palmer to the Cards. If Mallett is traded, is Hoyer available to come back?

Hoyer is a RFA, so he'd need to be cut, RKrap.

Brady Quinn or Charlie Batch would make sense.

Hoyer w/b sign and trade

Hoyer signed.   Mallett to Arizona once they realize paying all that money for Carson Palmer and renting a QB who is done is more dumb than taking a prospect in Mallett for 1-2 years before the cap goes up, seeing if he's the QB of the future for them.

My understanding is that the Cards offered Hoyer a 2nd rd tender at $2m. Meaning any team that signs Hoyer to an offer sheet, Cards can match, or get a 2nd rounder. That doesnt stop the Cards from shopping Hoyer, as it seems a done deal they have traded for Palmer, and also have Stanton as a back up.

I honestly think that the Cards feel with their defense, if they can shore up their o-line, they can win. They may be in the toughest division in all of football...hard to see how they compete in that division from this view

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

McCoy to the 49'ers as back up. Seems Harbaugh thinks he can do wonders with McCoy.

Palmer to the Cards. If Mallett is traded, is Hoyer available to come back?

Hoyer is a RFA, so he'd need to be cut, RKrap.

Brady Quinn or Charlie Batch would make sense.

Hoyer w/b sign and trade

Hoyer signed.   Mallett to Arizona once they realize paying all that money for Carson Palmer and renting a QB who is done is more dumb than taking a prospect in Mallett for 1-2 years before the cap goes up, seeing if he's the QB of the future for them.

My understanding is that the Cards offered Hoyer a 2nd rd tender at $2m. Meaning any team that signs Hoyer to an offer sheet, Cards can match, or get a 2nd rounder. That doesnt stop the Cards from shopping Hoyer, as it seems a done deal they have traded for Palmer, and also have Stanton as a back up.

I honestly think that the Cards feel with their defense, if they can shore up their o-line, they can win. They may be in the toughest division in all of football...hard to see how they compete in that division from this view

The Cards are dumb and cheap.  THat's what I feel.

Palmer's contract is over market and they aren't sniffing a WIld Card in that division. The Rams own the next 2 drafts barring a total botch jonb and are on their way up behind Seattle and SF in that division.

If Arizona is wise, they'll concede defeat the next 2 years with  flat cap and get their ducks in a row by 2015. But, they won't because they need to sort of make it seem like they are tryign to win it all because of a crappy sports town in Phoenix in a bad economy.

Could it be that we agree?!?! I cant believe it, we agree. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

It seems like this board is splitting into 2 camps.

First camp says we live and die for the Pats and we visit this board daily for updates and to state our passion. We think BB is the best coach in the history of the NFL. It's been 10 years since a SB win, and we want more than winning AFC east divisions, and have some concerns that when Brady retires, things will be a lot more difficult. We find some of BB's free agency decisions frustrating, and this is a good forum to vent those frustrations.

Second camp seems to say BB simply can do no wrong. How dare anyone come to this board and post a comment that disagrees with anything BB or the Pats do. And if anyone does come to this board and disagree, they will be shouted down, called names and told they are not true fans.

I am a 30 year season ticket holder (in the family for 30 years while I have footed the bill for 15 of those years) who has also attended 4 Super Bowls. I have put my money where my mouth is, and feel my passionate criticism is warranted. I don't have to tell anyone who attends games about the cost of attending in Foxboro. I read where Krafts worth was over $2 billion, of which the Pats most likely account for 85-95% of that. Still, I applaud the well thought out money management decisions, and admire the ability of cold hearted ness which other teams have such a hard time with (hello Cowboys).

Dont mistake passion for trolling and negativity.

Not trying to be mean but being a 30 year season ticket holder does not exclude you from being WRONG about a Pats topic? I Like a lot of your posts RK but have to disagree with you on this one-Mallet is very tradeable. And this is a good year to pull the trigger--QB hungry/needy teams with a weak draft at position and TB isn't getting any younger and OH Mallets rookie contract is up next year and then he walks for zip because some other team WILL pay for him and I don't see the Pats releasing TB to keep Mallet next year?

Jimmy, read what I wrote. I said Mallett has to be traded or he walks in 2 years. His value is highest now. I just wish he had a larger body of NFL work so teams could properly gauge his value. I had speculated McCoy as back up, or maybe repeat with Hoyer

Sorry Rk misread your post my bad.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Path to the Draft today speculates that the Browns trade out of the 6th pick in the first in order to pick up the 2nd they lost for Smith.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

Path to the Draft today speculates that the Browns trade out of the 6th pick in the first in order to pick up the 2nd they lost for Smith.

Would make sense.  Picks 5-40 are essentially the same talent level. Not a good year to have a top 10 pick and Lombardi will apply the BB teambuilding strategy in Cleveland, so picks are needed for him.

u mean the Young/Parcells team building strategy  Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Reiss....

Q. I had been cautiously optimistic that the Patriots could get some picks this year for Ryan Mallett, but now seeing the Matt Flynn compensation I don't see that happening any more. A 2014 fifth-rounder? No way Bill Belichick exposes the team at the QB position for that measly compensation, right? -- Alex (Wakefield, Mass.)

A. Alex, I don't think a 2014 fifth-rounder would be enough for Bill Belichick to trade Mallett. One of the things Belichick once said that resonated here was something along these lines: "If you don't have a quarterback to run things, you put your entire team at risk because of the importance of the position." To me, the only acceptable offer for a player like Mallett would be a draft pick that is within the first three rounds, and ideally could be conditional in nature to rise based on his performance.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well Rusty that's why i go to my original thought.  Mallett is better to have on the team for at least one more year. 

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts