Why VInce Could Be Back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Why VInce Could Be Back

Makes perfect sense. Do you think it's Vince's pride that caused him to ask out or is there a possibility the Pats came in really low on their request for salary reduction?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Crazy part is I am sure Vince would get a little more than twice as what Ike is getting paid.  6ish...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I agree with you Russ, during the season I had Vince pegged as a Pat for life too and one who defines the patriot way also.

I was really surprised to hear the news of him asking to be released.

but, I wasnt surprised to see BB not cutting him yet. let him sit on this roster and think about it. even let him call other teams with interest and see his market. maybe by may he says well i dont have much a market and i do love NE. and they work on the restructure.

someone should have Ike Taylor call Big Vince

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

We don't know at this point what the Pats offered Vince and it's impossible to assess his reaction because of this. 

Whatever they offered obviously was an insult to VW. Did the Pats want to cut his salary by 50% or pay him the vet minimum? Maybe cutting his salary by 10% would be an insult to him.

Vince had to fight for his current contract a few years ago after being on a 6 year rookie deal and may just be at the point in his life where he feels a signed contract should be honored by both parties.

He's given a lot to the team and community in his years here and I wish him the best however this plays out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Where did your first post go? Also settle down and don't get so excited.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

We don't know at this point what the Pats offered Vince and it's impossible to assess his reaction because of this. 

Whatever they offered obviously was an insult to VW. Did the Pats want to cut his salary by 50% or pay him the vet minimum? Maybe cutting his salary by 10% would be an insult to him.

Vince had to fight for his current contract a few years ago after being on a 6 year rookie deal and may just be at the point in his life where he feels a signed contract should be honored by both parties.

He's given a lot to the team and community in his years here and I wish him the best however this plays out.

There's nothing contradictory about this. Unless you know what type of restructure the Pats wanted from VW, all this is just speculation on your part.

Also every person is different. Vince Wilfork is not Ike Taylor. Was the proposed pay cut 10% or 75%? Until you know the facts don't say Vince should do what Ike Taylor did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

hmmm, back to the topic

Count me a hardarse but once VW said he wanted to go, looked at the situation,  Cap Savings, Age and Injury, then i am all for VW going

Taylor was right. this is a young mans game and why BB has so many young players.

Once someone says something like taht, its awfully hard putting the tooth paste back in the tube

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Vince and his fat slob wife are too greedy basically l. He has been treated like a king by the pats his whole career and then pulls some sheet like this? Get his fat a.ss out of there and use the 8 mil on another d-lineman and another area of need. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

There's nothing contradictory about this. Unless you know what type of restructure the Pats wanted from VW, all this is just speculation on your part.

Also every person is different. Vince Wilfork is not Ike Taylor. Was the proposed pay cut 10% or 75%? Until you know the facts don't say Vince should do what Ike Taylor did.

Wait a second, you asking how much the proposed cut was and me not doing that is somehoe me "speculating"?

How does that make sense? I am going by facts. You're the one speculating.

Here are the facts:

1. NE approached Vince for restructure.

2. Vince asked to be released.

THis would lead one to believe regardless of the restructure offer, Vince will not play for less than 7.5 million as he rehabs and hopes to come back.

If anyone is speculating, it's you. You have percentages and theoreticals in your premise and I don't.

That's my point. You don't know what % of a restructure the Pats wanted VW to accept. Your whole thread is based on speculation and assumptions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Vince and his fat slob wife are too greedy basically l. He has been treated like a king by the pats his whole career and then pulls some sheet like this? Get his fat a.ss out of there and use the 8 mil on another d-lineman and another area of need. 

Wow...so unkind and it's Sunday!  LMAO! Too bad it's TRUE!!!

I'd first like to know his health, his ankle, his weight.....then I'd be able to make an appropriate offer...his stance, regardless of the difficult position the Pats put him in to play out his original contract when it was obvious he got screwed and was playing way above that pay level, is just not realistic given what goes on in today's NFL...renegotiate or get cut and take your chances on the open market....this system is the result of the last Players agreement with the NFL....he has to take them to task, not the owners...besides, he's gotten 32 out of 40 million so far from this last contract....that's not bad by ANYONE'S standards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Wait a second, you asking how much the proposed cut was and me not doing that is somehoe me "speculating"?

How does that make sense? I am going by facts. You're the one speculating.

Here are the facts:

1. NE approached Vince for restructure.

2. Vince asked to be released.

THis would lead one to believe regardless of the restructure offer, Vince will not play for less than 7.5 million as he rehabs and hopes to come back.

If anyone is speculating, it's you. You have percentages and theoreticals in your premise and I don't.

That's my point. You don't know what % of a restructure the Pats wanted VW to accept. Your whole thread is based on speculation and assumptions.

Regardless of what it was, it was going to be a lower gauranteed salary in 2014 than he was due. For now, I don't care what that number is.

I highly doubt it was anything offensive. It would be whatever a 2 down/spot player who would play a half season of his status would be worth on the market but likely a bit higher out of respect for his service/time here.

THAT part by me is speculation.  

This whole mantra that only NE lowballs players, especially their own, is a myth.

You and I agree on that. Working on that new board name yet? I couldn't understand why your original post was deleted. Past reputation?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wow, man.  Don't take it so personal. 

He may realize there isn't a deal that's much better than the restructure that was asked of him.  He truly is a 2 down player in reality, which doesn't get you sacks.  If Raji only got a 1 year 4mil deal at 27, I think Vince for 5 @ 2 years should get a deal done. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Wow...so unkind and it's Sunday!  LMAO! Too bad it's TRUE!!!

I'd first like to know his health, his ankle, his weight.....then I'd be able to make an appropriate offer...his stance, regardless of the difficult position the Pats put him in to play out his original contract when it was obvious he got screwed and was playing way above that pay level, is just not realistic given what goes on in today's NFL...renegotiate or get cut and take your chances on the open market....this system is the result of the last Players agreement with the NFL....he has to take them to task, not the owners...besides, he's gotten 32 out of 40 million so far from this last contract....that's not bad by ANYONE'S standards.

This is how I feel.  

If he doesn't want to take a pay cut without proving he can still play at least at a productive level then retire, take the millions you already made in your career and live a nice, comfortable life.  No need to risk further injury to himself. 

My guess is the Pats may have noticed a drop-off in performance before the injury and now think that his performance level will undoubtedly drop further due to a serious injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Wow, man.  Don't take it so personal. 

He may realize there isn't a deal that's much better than the restructure that was asked of him.  He truly is a 2 down player in reality, which doesn't get you sacks.  If Raji only got a 1 year 4mil deal at 27, I think Vince for 5 @ 2 years should get a deal done. 

Exactly. That proposal is right around my suggestion. Raji is worth more now since he is younger.

It also appears that teams are moving away from the big money DT/NT price tag which ironically makes Ngata overpaid now in Balitmore at 9 mil per in 2014 and 2015. Ouch.

Ngata can do everything Vince could plus get after the QB.  Vince was always just behind him IMO, but now with this injury and age Vince needs to see this reality. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ok I am really disappointed in the Wilfork situation. Tom Brady restructures or extends his contract every other year so it will help the teams cap space. Vince Wilfork has never restructured his contract! I appreciate all the community work he has done, but just about every other player on the Patriots team has done community service, and they haven't made it as public. Vince is committing one of the 7 deadly sins: Greed!

I'm sorry he feels that he needs not pitch in and help when management needs the space to continue with their battle with Denver for AFC top dog honors! The Question is simple do you play for championships or do you play for cash? Wilfork is saying what Moss used to say straight cash hommie!!! The result will be the same, traded to a team with no chance of winning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Ok I am really disappointed in the Wilfork situation. Tom Brady restructures or extends his contract every other year so it will help the teams cap space. Vince Wilfork has never restructured his contract! I appreciate all the community work he has done, but just about every other player on the Patriots team has done community service, and they haven't made it as public. Vince is committing one of the 7 deadly sins: Greed!

I'm sorry he feels that he needs not pitch in and help when management needs the space to continue with their battle with Denver for AFC top dog honors! The Question is simple do you play for championships or do you play for cash? Wilfork is saying what Moss used to say straight cash hommie!!! The result will be the same, traded to a team with no chance of winning.

This ^ good luck big Vince. Thanks for your time here. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Then you agree that barring a change in his stance, he will get the Ty Law, Richard Seymour, and Randy Moss exit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Bye bye Vince. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Bye bye Vince. 

What is he worth on the trade market?  I am not so sure it's bye-bye quite yet.

No one's going to trade anything for an aging NT coming off an achilles injury with an $8 million salary.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I told you already. Start looking for your next name

Should he have to use a name that we assign him? Perhaps a new one every month or so?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Bye bye Vince. 

No one's going to trade anything for an aging NT coming off an achilles injury with an $8 million salary.

Exactly my point. BB doesn't have to release him right now and no one will be trading for him.

Like I said, once VInce realizes the position he is in, an extension makes the most sense, unless he just wants to retire.

Travis Bean..... Are you the Turd aka Deadhead aka Rusty ????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Bye bye Vince. 

Exactly my point. BB doesn't have to release him right now and no one will be trading for him.

Like I said, once VInce realizes the position he is in, an extension makes the most sense, unless he just wants to retire.

Vince has little leverage. If I were him, though, I'd really consider sitting out this season rather than playing for a low salary.  Not sure the wear and tear is worth it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Then you agree that barring a change in his stance, he will get the Ty Law, Richard Seymour, and Randy Moss exit.

Maybe not these guys exit perse but hes going to get the you tore your Achilles and your going to be lucky to be back this year at all treatment. IMO he's done. He's an injury waiting to happen if he has to wrassle 700 lbs every play   Law, Seymore and moss burnt bridges, they could still compete on a reasonable level IMO Vince won't be able too. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ty law for example could have been the pats leading int player. I think one more and he would have had it. But congrats on your 10M. Adam V. He could have gone down in folk lore like bird, Orr, Russell if he stayed. Now he's a traitor basically. Heck Ben Watson chasing down bailey may be remembered more. Money is nice but it's not everything to me anyway. 

Sections
Shortcuts