Why VInce Could Be Back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Why VInce Could Be Back

Given his cap hit, age and injury, what realistically could we get for vw via trade?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Given his cap hit, age and injury, what realistically could we get for vw via trade?

[/QUOTE]

Problem may be another team may view VW as a situational and not every down player.  As a result, may not command much in a trade.  To that team, VW comes with the question about how he will return from the injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Problem may be another team may view VW as a situational and not every down player.  As a result, may not command much in a trade.  To that team, VW comes with the question about how he will return from the injury.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so what do you think that is? A 4th? 3rd?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing, the same  the Bucs were able to get for Revis, and Dallas for Ware. Any team would want to make their own deal and not take on the cap hit.

VW's agents know what his value is and where his market is.  They won't take an extension to reduce the cap hit for less than his market value. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Great pro franchises make great decisions to pay their players for what they will do, not for what they have done. Its good business. Sentimentality IS NOT a driver to success at any level. Vince is a multimillionaire. Go spend your money and enjoy life VW. WE Will always love you for what you DID for the NE PATRIOTS. GO EAT!!! You deserve to live it up! In the meantime, we need the money and your roster spot for the NEXT MAN UP!!!

At this juncture of his career, VW needs to look in the mirror and ask himself:  "Am I the same caliber player when I originally signed this contract?"  With his achilles injury, age and size, he has to acknowlegdge that every team will look at him differently now.

Imagine you or I, if we got injured at work, upon our return find we are unable to perform at the same level our previous pay level commands.  Could we go to our employer and say they should continue to pay me at the former level because of all my years of service or for what I did in the past?  I think not.

Like you said, he has provided great service to the Patriots and their fans and we appreciate that.  Unfotunately, he is not the $11 M dollar player today.

Bill, Its a reality check when it comes to this kind of money. Just as you imply, normal people have only so much value to their employers. Fair pay for equal service. These guys live most mens' fanatasy as pro ball players. Truth is, the fantasy ends when money enters the picture. These guys actuall deserve the money they earn for what this league grosses every year, but the fantasy ends when a guy get severly injured and at an older age. Its at this time VW will face reality for the first time since his high school days. NOBODY is gonna give him money for how great he WAS. I hope he was smart with his finances. I will always cherish what Vince did. Now its time for Vince to move on and take care of the rest of his life. He should be set. go in style and with honor Vince!

Sections
Shortcuts