WHY WAS BOYCE NOT ON THE FIELD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

WHY WAS BOYCE NOT ON THE FIELD

after Dobson effed up mutliple plays and dropped 4 balls you would think BB would try someone else with maybe a pair of hands, a brain and a sense of the playbook.... i was looking for tonight to be Boyce's breakout.. and he was on the field once...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: WHY WAS BOYCE NOT ON THE FIELD

He was caught giving Rex a pedi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

It's the #1 question but it won't be answered.

My theory is his only pair of cleats were water soluble so they had to hold him out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Probably because they do not think what he can give the team right now is better than the other options they had available... Just a theory. That is usually how it works...

Also, it may be that the 102nd pick in the draft and 13th receiver taken might not be the all-pro that some of the people covering training camp would have you believe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Probably because they do not think what he can give the team right now is better than the other options they had available... Just a theory. That is usually how it works...

Also, it may be that the 102nd pick in the draft and 13th receiver taken might not be the all-pro that some of the people covering training camp would have you believe.

well i mean... we are playing Thompkins who is better than our second rounder... so i mean Boyce may be better than Dobson too. just a theory as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

well i mean... we are playing Thompkins who is better than our second rounder... so i mean Boyce may be better than Dobson too. just a theory as well.

[/QUOTE]

If Thompkins is really the best of the three, what does that say about the decision to draft Dobson and Boyce?

The real miss this offseason was not making the offer to Emmanuel Sanders too high for Pittsburgh to match. Clearly that was the player they wanted in this offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Thompkins is really the best of the three, what does that say about the decision to draft Dobson and Boyce?

The real miss this offseason was not making the offer to Emmanuel Sanders too high for Pittsburgh to match. Clearly that was the player they wanted in this offense.

[/QUOTE]

i personally didnt like the drafting of Dobson. i didnt mind Boyce. i wanted the PAts to trade up instead of down and get a pro-ready WR in DeAndre Hopkins who could produce for us week 1. we also passed on Justin Hunter & Robert Woods by trading down... two other guys i like way more

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The real miss this offseason was not making the offer to Emmanuel Sanders too high for Pittsburgh to match. Clearly that was the player they wanted in this offense."

I'll buy that. Flirting with Sanders instead of just getting it done was weak sauce.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

BS. Some people are better in actual games than in practice. Regardless of what you've seen in previous weeks, in a situation where nothing is working, you try something you have not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

BS. Some people are better in actual games than in practice. Regardless of what you've seen in previous weeks, in a situation where nothing is working, you try something you have not.

[/QUOTE]

Well, in practice and the preseason all I heard about was how good these guys were. So it seems more like they are better in practice than actual games...  Boyce played in week 1 and did not get a catch. Obviously, the coaching staff thinks the guys on the field were a better option tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Lots of football left for all these guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He was....for 1 snap. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Neither Boyce, Dobson or Thompkins for that matter truly have a grasp of the offense, Boyce must be third on that list...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Well, in practice and the preseason all I heard about was how good these guys were. So it seems more like they are better in practice than actual games...  Boyce played in week 1 and did not get a catch. Obviously, the coaching staff thinks the guys on the field were a better option tonight.

I think both are true so far.  They did show promise during pre-season games. But, we know the value of pre-season games, right? Fact is, it's different during real games - and expectations of rookies is way too high. That being said, keep playing Boyce, Thomkins, and Dobson. They have to play real time to get the experience they need to improve. it ain't gonna happen on the sidelines - and practices are only going to take rookies so far. Pats were forced to keep one veteran (Edelman) in for the game for obvious reasons.

Sections
Shortcuts