Why was UNDERWOOD cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Why was UNDERWOOD cut

Can someone explain why Underwood was cut? It seems kind of like a low move to pull on eve of SB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut

What has he done?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they needed more depth on the d-line apparently, it was poor timing and i dont stand behind the decision, but i guess you gotta do, what you gotta do

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Reiss said it was because Silvestro is a good special teamer and since Gronk usually plays ST, they thought it would be good to reduce his reps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Once again it's not a popular move but BB is not afraid to do what he feels is best for the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Really?  He probably wants to put the worst players on the field for the biggest game of their lives.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I think that Underwood was not in the game plan, so BB adds Silvestro because he is in the game plan...

Likely special teams, but perhaps some reps on D.  The late move prevents the Giants from having any preparation for Silvestro.

I have to think that Underwood, probably was told in advance, earlier this week that this would happen.

Just my theory.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In Response to Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut:
    [QUOTE]Reiss said it was because Silvestro is a good special teamer and since Gronk usually plays ST, they thought it would be good to reduce his reps.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Gronk and not playing ST, it will be interesting to see if he lines up as the TE in his normal position or if they move him to the outside where he won't be lining up against defensive linemen verses a safety or linebacker. This way he won't have to get in a 3 point stance pushing against a large body. As I've mentioned before they could use Solder and Vollmer at TE then use Cannon at the right tackle position. If he does play his normal position then you know he is 95% healthy and enough to push against the big linemen.

GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I think this also means that OCHO will dress and may have a role in the game....

Again the late move, gives the Giants minimal time to prepare for the wrinkle.

I like the fact that BB, waited until the last minute....  as long as underwood was handled with class.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]I think this also means that OCHO will dress and may have a role in the game.... Again the late move, gives the Giants minimal time to prepare for the wrinkle. I like the fact that BB, waited until the last minute....  as long as underwood was handled with class.....
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

They really like the kid but word from the practices is that Ocho had two weeks of good practices. I'm sure if this is true Underwood saw for himself and understands the need on ST and depth at DE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i mean i guess there couldnt be a better time for ocho to finally learn the play book lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In a huge game you need the extra d-lineman.  Those guys are going to be hyped - so you want to be able to get them more rest than normal in the 1st qtr until the nerves calm down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Tough on Tiquan, but what a night for Alex Silvestro! He's got to be tearing up the phone lines over this call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I'm certain Underwood was told of the possibility early in the week and to prepare for it. Even if he wasn't it's the nature of the game. He knows it, and he also knows he did zero for the team during his limited opportunities. 

If Gronk can't play ST and they have a guy who can fill for him it's a no brainer decision. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]Tough on Tiquan, but what a night for Alex Silvestro! He's got to be tearing up the phone lines over this call.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

As reported earlier in another post:

Andrew Brandt from ESPN Tweeted: NE's Alex Silvestro was going to make $5700 as practice squad player. Now will make 44k (lose) or 88k (win) being on roster for SB.

That's $38,300 minimum increase! Hopefully he earns his pay raise tonight...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea silvestro made bank and hes basically just going to be on special teams

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]What has he done?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

It is the eve before the SB. You don't cut a guy then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In a huge game you need the extra d-lineman.  Those guys are going to be hyped - so you want to be able to get them more rest than normal in the 1st qtr until the nerves calm down.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but does he have to be cut. Just seems harsh. I get why, but just how and the timing seems rough. GO PATS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe they thought it was a good idea to not have him run a bad route in the end zone in the SB too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I hope they at least invite him up to Kraft's box to watch the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from manny-bein-manny. Show manny-bein-manny's posts

If :
    - the problem is Gronk's ankle and need to shore up ST
    - Tiquan was prepped in advance
    - BB did not want to tip his hand abt the Gronk situation early

Then the late cut is justified.

I think the Pats are worried abt Gronk's availability but have been trying to mislead the Gints about this all week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Smart move by BB. What has he really contributed. Bringing Silvestro up for help on the pass rush was smart.

Surprised they didn't drop Ventrone, and bring up TE Carson Butler as insurance. Guess Gronk is better than we thought.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Makes sense to me and he will still get a ring when they winCool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

He's special teams for Gronk. He'll never see a down as defensive end. I hope that he can block,

Sections
Shortcuts