Why was UNDERWOOD cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut

On the outside it does seem harsh to be cut the night before the SB. Any real in the know Pats fan realizes this was a calculated move and Underwood I bet was fully prepared that this was going to happen. Another great move by BB to try and gain an advantage. Sure Underwood would rather be dressed on the sidelines but I am sure he is a team player and is ok with it if this helps the Pats win the SB. If the Pats win of course Underwood gets a ring. Last I looked I think the over under for Ocho catches was 0.5. The bet only is in place if Ocho is active and in at least 1 offensive play. I think Ocho is going to catch 5 passes for 85 yards. I love this move by BB. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not really sure why two fringe players are making headlines, has the national media ever watched this team? Belichick cuts guys on their birthdays. Why be surprised he made a bottom of the roster decision that will help special teams? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

This isn't a stop on the love boat cruise... It's a football game, and Underwood may have had some talent but he was definitely NOT A GAMER. He shrunk on the 2opportunies to make big plays this year. He also reads as a bit of a showboat to me. even though the timing is unusual, not surprised to see him off this team for this game. And don't rule out some kind of breach of a Belichick rule by the kid. Who knows... Maybe he missed a curfew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Because Belichick is a serial d*ck.  

This could have been done long ago.  Bad Karma man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In Response to Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut:
    [QUOTE]Because Belichick is a serial d*ck.   This could have been done long ago.  Bad Karma man.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Please go back to your barn and play with your farm animals. The Pats are trying to win the SB. What part of that don't you understand. This isn't about being Mr nice guy. So BB thinks that this gives him the best chance of winning but he says gee I might hurt Underwood's feeling and maybe I shouldn't do this. Yikes!!! Maybe if your stupid former coach Caldwell had half the knowledge of BB maybe the Colts would have won another game. Not!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I've got to believe that even someone as quirky as Belichick wouldn't screw with Underwood unnecessarily.  It would rub the whole team the wrong way and  leave lots of people scratching their heads.  I'm still scratching my head over Welker's benching last season.

THe most likely senario is they made the decision that Underwood would be inactive a few days ago and expalined it to him.  Look for him to be in clothes on the sideline (he'll be easy to spot).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut : Please go back to your barn and play with your farm animals. The Pats are trying to win the SB. What part of that don't you understand. This isn't about being Mr nice guy. So BB thinks that this gives him the best chance of winning but he says gee I might hurt Underwood's feeling and maybe I shouldn't do this. Yikes!!! Maybe if your stupid former coach Caldwell had half the knowledge of BB maybe the Colts would have won another game. Not!!!!!!!!
    Posted by paesan59[/QUOTE]

Indy fans don't understand the concept of TEAM first.  They're about to get a tough lesson it it soon, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Because Belichick is a serial d*ck.   This could have been done long ago.  Bad Karma man.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

It would be a d*ck move if he did it for no reason.

Serial cold hearted man may be more accurate.

Bad Karma?

People said that about Milloy too.

People said that about Bledoe losing his starting job to injury.

There was no ill intent, just a harsh reality of numbers. No need to go overboard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Underwood probably knew it was coming.  The Pats just don't tip their hand.  They routinely add and drop players. Ventrone has been in and out all season depending on the matchups. Underwood like Ventrone will still get his ring when they win.

It might also get into the GMens heads a bit since it's a late move, and Ocho will be likely be active.  Might as well use that lump as a decoy on a series or 2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]I've got to believe that even someone as quirky as Belichick wouldn't screw with Underwood unnecessarily.  It would rub the whole team the wrong way and  leave lots of people scratching their heads.  I'm still scratching my head over Welker's benching last season. THe most likely senario is they made the decision that Underwood would be inactive a few days ago and expalined it to him.  Look for him to be in clothes on the sideline (he'll be easy to spot).
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a difference between inactive and being cut?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut : Perhaps you might want to look at the history of Patriot roster moves on a Saturday  this year before game day before making an *ss of yourself. He is managing his roster no differently than he has all year.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

ie...Ross Vertrone this year who was involved in 21+ roster moves!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

simply a roster move. Yes, mebbe we could have used his speed - BUT he hasn't taken advantage of his few opportunities.  Ocho really hasn't done much either, but ocho and bb are buddies - so, he's gonna dress Ocho for the game and hope he's inspired enough to catch 1 or 2 balls thrown his way.

It may well be Ocho's last SB appearance, so, why not?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Makes me sad.  Poor guy.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Bad Karma..  This means Gronk No good for today..  Giants will crush them

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

THANK YOU Everyone For Your Support & Sympathy. Im Fine, This Will Only Make Me Stronger...Tough Times Never Last But Tough Ppl Do

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Kudos to the kid for his attitude.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks for posting that Rocky, Underwood has a great attitude.

UD6 go cry to your momma, don't do it here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the patriots are a classy orginization, when they win you know underwood will get a ring for his efforts this season. He has been nothing but classy since the cut, and i am positive BB and Kraft have seen that.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Underwood wasn't going to be active anyway.  Gotta do what's best for the team and to the moron Colts fan who can't help himself but troll on a Patriots board, if Belichick is a serial di*k then your owner is the ultimate b*stard.  Go cry on a Colts board somewhere.  You're not welcome here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Tiquan Underwood gets normal Super Bowl pay

Super Bowl XLVI - Media DayGetty Images

Patriots wide receiver Tiquan Underwood will get paid as if he played in the Super Bowl, even though the Patriots cut him Saturday night.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Underwood is entitled to his full $88,000 share if the Patriots win and $44,000 if the Patriots lose because he was active for at least eight games this year. (He was active exactly eight games.)

Defensive end Alex Silvestro, who was activated from the practice squad for the game, will actually only get half a Super Bowl share due to league rules. This will only be his second active game all year. Silvestro is expected to help

This should seem obvious, but Schefter confirmed Underwood will get a Super Bowl ring if the Patriots win. Many players who aren’t even with the team this late in the year traditionally get a ring, although it’s up to the team’s discretion.

Sections
Shortcuts