Why was UNDERWOOD cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut

In Response to Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut:
    [QUOTE]I hope they at least invite him up to Kraft's box to watch the game.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

A real nice thought. I hope so also

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from realpatone. Show realpatone's posts

He was cut at the last minute to prevent the Giants from signing him is my guess...? or would the rules have even allowed them to do that?

In any event, should the Pats win today, 'Wood gets a ring and a game check is what I heard...I will miss that 'do!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

This is a smart Move for a game where they need a fill in for Gronk. Everything has to be made personal when it's not even close. Scenario- The Pats don't bring in a special teams guy to fill in for Gronk-- Next, on the opening Kickoff after the Pats Defer, The guy filling in for Gronk blows his return coverage and we yeild a TD.. Will we complain because BB didn't bring in somebody when he knew Gronk wasn't going to cut it on special teams? I believe so. This has got to be painful for Underwood but he looks like a good soldier to me and understands the business. Good for him for taking the team attitude also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think it was a move to improve special teams and get another pass rusher available.  Gronk is still a question mark as far as how much or how long he will play.  With the cut of Underwood, Chad becomes an active player.  I still think he will play a big role in this game.  He is a good deep threat.  He is capable of getting seperation.  When the giants concentrate on taking welker, gronk and hernandez away, Chad will be wide open.  I think underwood played well but still needs seasoning.  The Superbowl is not a place for seasoning. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why was UNDERWOOD cut : This is why people like you don't belong here.  You come whipping in here on a Pats thread as a Colts fan on our board on SB Sunday? Really dude? He's trying to do what's best for the team. Gronk has a bad ankle and needs to improve/help the wedge work on kick offs, keep Gronk as fresh as possible and that's the decision. Underwood WAS NOT GOING TO BE ACTIVE ANYWAY. Seek help. You have a moron toolish owner Tweeting about Gomer Manning's future and here your to lecture us about the greatest coach of all time and his roster planning to help the TEAM? Really?
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Rusty..... Agreed. These Trolls need to go away win, lose, or draw. They all are lacking as human beings and need attention to compensate for their inner deficiencies

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The uproar over the timing of Underwood's release is comical. It's simple: They cut him Saturday, Giants can't claim him before the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

this is funny stuff the media ia turning this into BB and CO told him well in advance this may happen, he will eithe rbe on the sidelines in plain clothes or in the booth with the practice sq and injured players watching

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Because Belichick is a serial d*ck.   This could have been done long ago.  Bad Karma man.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Since you seem to think that football teams are in the business of being nice to their players, you presumably want the Colts to keep Manning and continue paying him a huge salary even if he has no feeling in his hand and can't throw a football five feet with any accuracy.  Given how much Manning has done for the franchise, only a d*ck would release him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I am positive he was and will be taken care of over this move. Look when nearly all player who played here say how professional the team was top to bottom that says a lot.
    The Pats have had guys ask if they could sign a contract and then retire so they could say they retired as a Patriot.

On a side note during the Pro Bowl Senior stuff that went on Brian Cox who played for 5 teams and was with the Pats for one tear wore a Patriots jersey all week
  10. Miami Dolphins (1991-1995)
  11. Chicago Bears (1996-1997)
  12. New York Jets (1998-2000)
  13. New England Patriots (2001)
  14. New Orleans Saints (2002)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]This isn't a stop on the love boat cruise... It's a football game, and Underwood may have had some talent but he was definitely NOT A GAMER. He shrunk on the 2opportunies to make big plays this year. He also reads as a bit of a showboat to me. even though the timing is unusual, not surprised to see him off this team for this game. And don't rule out some kind of breach of a Belichick rule by the kid. Who knows... Maybe he missed a curfew.
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

well put, not everyone gets a ribbon for participating in this game.  Troy Brown had to make the team his first six seasons in training camp.  That's the adult reality of the business.