WHY was Woodhead the esclusive RB in OT? Worst game I've seen in a while

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

WHY was Woodhead the esclusive RB in OT? Worst game I've seen in a while

Brady wasn't good.

Sanchez was made to look VERY good.

Vereen averaged 6.1 ypc and was only given 8 carries.

At least 3 drops.

Kickoff return for a TD, then a weak, soft, horrible fumble: both by McCourty.

The offense managed only 20 points against a very bad Jets D.

The D gave up 26 points to an average, at best, Jets offense.

Curley had over 100 yards receiving.

Seriously, a win is a win...but there is NOTHING to feel good about after this game. Simply pitiful in all three aspects, and bad coaching...oh, and using a TO 1:23 into the game before punting? Yeah, I knew it was going to be rough all game at that point.

Brady can NOT throw deep down the left side of the field.

The balance was good, but it was too often shotgun=pass, under center=run. The AZ D coordinator let us know a month ago, and we all laughed.

McDaniels s u c k s. I don't know what happened, but he's a joke now. I'm seeing he was a big reason St Louis only averaged 12 points per game under his watch.

What a joke. I thought this team was better than that p i s s poor performance, but I've seen too many of them recently. They need to start playing a LOT better, or they have little chance of winning any playoff game this year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: WHY was Woodhead the esclusive RB in OT? Worst game I've seen in a while

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Brady wasn't good.

At least 3 drops.

Seriously, a win is a win...but there is NOTHING to feel good about after this game. Simply pitiful in all three aspects, and bad coaching...oh, and using a TO 1:23 into the game before punting? Yeah, I knew it was going to be rough all game at that point.

The balance was good, but it was too often shotgun=pass, under center=run. The AZ D coordinator let us know a month ago, and we all laughed.

McDaniels s u c k s. I don't know what happened, but he's a joke now. I'm seeing he was a big reason St Louis only averaged 12 points per game under his watch.

What a joke. I thought this team was better than that p i s s poor performance, but I've seen too many of them recently. They need to start playing a LOT better, or they have little chance of winning any playoff game this year.

You forgot the two most important parts:

• THE PATS WON
    • THE JETS LOST

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

Ummmm ... the Pats won the game.  Shouldn't you be happy?  Oh right, you're a Jets troll.

So you were happy witht that game?

Have a good night sleeping in your Patriot footie jammies and sucking on your patriots pacifier you clown.

Like I SAID, you illiterate, a win is a win, but there was nothing good about that game beyond the 'W'.

Don't cry yourself to sleep tonight :) No doubt it was ugly they won a close game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:

Brady wasn't good.

At least 3 drops.

• THE PATS WON
    • THE JETS LOST

Oh, except for where I didn't miss it.

The Jets LOST this game more than the Pats won. The Pats did very little right at the end, but the Jets simply did more wrong, at key moments. Had the Jets not s c r e w e d themselves, the Pats lose this game.

I'm happy for the win, but if they continue to play like this, 10 wins will be a stretch. They just played EVEN with a team that they should have been a LOT better than.

20 Points against that D? That's a joke. 26 points given up to THAT offense is...well...offensive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Brady wasn't good.

At least 3 drops.

+1 to all

win a playoff game,.

you shoudl have ended if we dont make changes we wont make teh playoffs.

teh jets should have won this game.

if bb doesnt see josh sucks adn several other changes needing to be made after this game, he never will

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

I agree. McDaniels' game plans are less than thrilling...too predictable and conservative. He is one of the big changes since last year that isn't working.  Lloyd is not the #1 WR. The secondary plays like they are in the pop warner league. The coaching in the secondary needs changed..they are all playing the same way. The sadness is realizing this team is mediocre, average at best, this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

You play to win the game . We won the game. Brady made the plays in OT. The defense made plays in OT.

As Bobby McFarrin said: "Don't worry, be happy."

Let's enjoy this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:

Brady wasn't good.

At least 3 drops.

• THE PATS WON
    • THE JETS LOST

Oh, except for where I didn't miss it.

The Jets LOST this game more than the Pats won. The Pats did very little right at the end, but the Jets simply did more wrong, at key moments. Had the Jets not s c r e w e d themselves, the Pats lose this game.

I'm happy for the win, but if they continue to play like this, 10 wins will be a stretch. They just played EVEN with a team that they should have been a LOT better than.

20 Points against that D? That's a joke. 26 points given up to THAT offense is...well...offensive.

*Yawn...*

The Jets hardly screwed themselves. They had one dropped pass and a dropped INT... that's all that jumps out to me as unfortunate breaks for them.

We had a fumbled kickoff, sketchy offensive PI call against us that wasn't called (in the same situation) against the Jets, a fumble early in the game that we should have recovered, and some questionable illegal-contact/holding calls in the secondary. 

If anyone was 'screwed' by the football Gods, it was New England. The Jets had just as many, if not more fortunate breaks.

Fact is, this team was again on the ropes and was able to dig deep, make some tough plays at crucial moments, and pull out a victory. I couldn't be more proud of this team!

If this team gets on a roll and goes on to do big things this season, I'll look at this game as the turning point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You liked last week's game better?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Of teh backs BB only trusts Woodhead in critical times to Hold on to the ball, catch the ball, and pick up the blitz.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Lets take away some positives

-front 7 plated well. Nink is really playing well again after a slow start. Cunningham is turning into a contributor to play opposite Jones

-both starting S missing, Wilson getting experience. Dennard getting experience. Growing pains now, pays divedends down the road?

-Vereen is heard from. About time

-Woody solid again

-Mesko had a great game. Gostokowski slump a thing of the past?

-next week is tough, but winnable. Good coaching will rise during the bye week, allowing the Pats to tighten up on things, and get healthy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Flutie Flakes............ Everywhere. These Pats suck massive members, but we'll put some shine on  the squeaker W.  Get real.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Good bye.  Have fun following another team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I don't know why he was exclusive in OT but he was huge on the final drive and he made a few great blocks down the stretch. If Ridley learns to catch better Woodhead's role will be reduced. Woodhead was a huge part of the win even though seeing him run up the gut for two yards does not thrill me. His YAC on the final regulation drive did thrill me though. So Seahawk fans felt bad last week after being gifted a win. I think not. I'm a Pats fan i'll let the Jets fans complain about the dropped passes (lord knows i've seen enough this year from the Pats).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Lets take away some positives

-front 7 plated well. Nink is really playing well again after a slow start. Cunningham is turning into a contributor to play opposite Jones

-both starting S missing, Wilson getting experience. Dennard getting experience. Growing pains now, pays divedends down the road?

-Vereen is heard from. About time

-Woody solid again

-Mesko had a great game. Gostokowski slump a thing of the past?

-next week is tough, but winnable. Good coaching will rise during the bye week, allowing the Pats to tighten up on things, and get healthy. 

Fantastic post. Great, great points!

Hard to believe Rusty has called you a troll before. This is one of the most level-headed, informative posts I've read all night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They trust woodhead.  He blocks and picks up blitzes and gets up the field and doesn;t drop passes and doesn't fumble.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

Ummmm ... the Pats won the game.  Shouldn't you be happy?  Oh right, you're a Jets troll.

So you were happy witht that game?

Have a good night sleeping in your Patriot footie jammies and sucking on your patriots pacifier you clown.

Like I SAID, you illiterate, a win is a win, but there was nothing good about that game beyond the 'W'.

Jesus Christ I think I just pissed myself!! I also think I agree with everything you wrote in this thread. Can't disagree with any of it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dude. The Pats scored 29 points. As a per game average that is good for top 3. Those two drives with Woodhead netted 6 points to tie and ice the game.

People are waaay, waaay too tough on this offense. That's two games (one win one loss) where they score 30, have zero turnovers, and people say they stink??? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

26 points allowed, btw, is good for 23rd worst in the NFL ... on average. 

We all need some perspective here, and to adjust expectations. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Dude. The Pats scored 29 points. As a per game average that is good for top 3. Those two drives with Woodhead netted 6 points to tie and ice the game.

People are waaay, waaay too tough on this offense. That's two games (one win one loss) where they score 30, have zero turnovers, and people say they stink??? 

Al little more is expected from the top offense in the NFL. Only 14 points with 2:00 min left in the 4th Qtr.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

They trust woodhead.  He blocks and picks up blitzes and gets up the field and doesn;t drop passes and doesn't fumble.

He also iced a crucial first down recieving out of the backfield. 

Woodhead is a very good scatback.

Sections
Shortcuts