Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence?

Many posters have asserted that the team should play for 60 minutes even in the 16th game which will probably have no meaning.  It is a valid argument that I disagree with, but still valid.

So, why not play 60 minutes against the Bears?  Why not let Hoyer run the full offence in mop up duty?  Why not give him some game reps just in case the unthinkable happens?  Why not feature him to increase his value in future possible trade scenarios?  Hoyer went in and handed the ball off.  What's the point?

I found the answer in section 12 article 12 paragraph 12 of Brady's new contract which reads as follows:

No backup QB shall be allowed to run the full offence in mop up duty or in the event of injury to Brady.  Having a back up QB shine in BBs system would diminish the Brady brand.  In order to maintain the brand, Brady must be viewed by the masses as indespensible.  The team shall not allow a backup, such as Cassel, to be successful.

Knights theory:  The team is the race car.  The QB is the driver.  The coach is the manager of both.  Take the winning driver of any car race and put him in the last place car and he does not win.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence?

No backup QB shall be allowed to run the full offence in mop up duty or in the event of injury to Brady.  Having a back up QB shine in BBs system would diminish the Brady brand.  In order to maintain the brand, Brady must be viewed by the masses as indespensible.  The team shall not allow a backup, such as Cassel, to be successful.

I've read ( and posted ) a lot of stupid crap on this board but this could win an award. On what planet was Cassel not allowed to succeed? He was so successful he landed himself a nice fat contract with the Chiefs.

Will there ever be an end to your constant whining and attacks on a team that has already passed everyone's expectation for this season? Your personal hate for Brady shows in everything you post. Give it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

yup...nice twist on the brady rant...  before it was his hair , his girl, his pay...what ever... now he wants to see his backup...

speaking of which.. i bet pats look to develop a new qb next year and try to get something for hoyer....  there you go ns... now you have an actual topic for a new thread...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

And they purposefully made Hoyer throw a pick last time he played just to complete the conspiracy.

It all makes sense now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

It's hard to develop a QB behind someone of Brady's caliber. The timing has to be perfect between your new QB being good enough to take the reins and your starter retiring. No young QB who's ready to start likes to sit on the bench especially when other teams notice them and start throwing money and the chance to be the starter at them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Worst post EVER !!! But I only have one vote..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence?:
    DUDE... GIVE IT A REST! I'm sick and tired of reading your fecal splat against the wall rants. When you've won 3 Lombardi's as headcoach we'll all stop ragging on you. For now, zip it! How'd that double move deep ball to Tate and onside kick against the Jets workout? Oh yeah... they didn't do it, just further proof you need to give the fingers a rest!
    Posted by prophet

His hate for Brady is based entirely on his view that Brady that doesn't measure up to his moral standards. Maybe he'll listen to you since you're a prophet

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Nonsensical whinging from a faux Pats fan.  Create controversy where there is none, or play the part of a concerned fan.  Best way to get people to respond to your posts.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence? : His hate for Brady is based entirely on his view that Brady that doesn't measure up to his moral standards. Maybe he'll listen to you since you're a prophet
    Posted by Evil2010

Ha Ha,

I love to see the homers with their panties in a bunch.  Can't you see this post is tongue in cheek?  Would it have hurt so much to let hoyer run the offence for a couple of possetions? 

Where are all the "you gotta play for 60 minutes" folks?  The ones who say you can't take your foot off the pedal even in the 16th game of the season when seeds are set?

I have to admit though I have been a bit of a jerk on the Brady front.  I am not morally superior to him as far as I know.  I am not without sin.  I guess the whole blind faith thing just irks me so I rebel against it.  Also, I think the team, the system, the coach, the owner, and the other players just don't get enough credit, so I lobby for them to get it.

I'm glad someone brought up Cassel's success in 08.  Kinda helps prove my point does it not?

Brady's ability is undeniable.  A few stupid words from me will never affect his legacy.  He is in a position to do great things off the football field.  He could make more difference in this world than I could ever hope to.  I await his philanthropical endevours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Isn't offense spelled with a (s) as in (s)tupid & (s)hit.
    nuff said~

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

yup...nice twist on the brady rant...  before it was his hair , his girl, his pay...what ever... now he wants to see his backup... speaking of which.. i bet pats look to develop a new qb next year and try to get something for hoyer....  there you go ns... now you have an actual topic for a new thread...
    Posted by jcour382

Ok jcour,

If hoyer had led an 80yd scoring drive, don't you think he would be worth more in the trade scenario you mention?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

DUDE... GIVE IT A REST! I'm sick and tired of reading your fecal splat against the wall rants. When you've won 3 Lombardi's as headcoach we'll all stop ragging on you. For now, zip it! How'd that double move deep ball to Tate and onside kick against the Jets workout? Oh yeah... they didn't do it, just further proof you need to give the fingers a rest!
    Posted by prophet

Prophet,

In case you didn't watch the game the Jets won the coin toss and defered.  The whole scenario has been tabled till the AFCCG.

I wonder why Hoyer wasn't given a single possetion in that Jet's rout.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence? : Ok jcour, If hoyer had led an 80yd scoring drive, don't you think he would be worth more in the trade scenario you mention?
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE

Obviously you enjoy making a fool out of yourself. Are you related to Leon? You seem to suffer from the same delusion that your posts make sense.

And no a team doesn't evaluate potential QBs with one drive. The very fact that you think Hoyer has the pocket presence to mount a long scoring drive in those conditions further proves how clueless you are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Isn't offense spelled with a (s) as in (s)tupid & (s)hit. nuff said~
    Posted by pezz4pats

Pezz,

As usual you have no original thoughts and nothing to contribute to the subject at hand, so you resort to jabs about my spelling.  Spelink is so far doun my list of pryorities thet I can't evin find it.  I've never been good at spelling and I never will.  I'm happy with the things I am good at.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence? : Pezz, As usual you have no original thoughts and nothing to contribute to the subject at hand, so you resort to jabs about my spelling.  Spelink is so far doun my list of pryorities thet I can't evin find it.  I've never been good at spelling and I never will.  I'm happy with the things I am good at.
    Posted by knightsailor

Here's an original thought and more:
    I don't mind Brady's hair
    I think his wife is hot!
    I don't give a dam n where he lives or practices.
    He is not getting paid enough, especially if Payaton gets more.
    I'm sick of trolls who come on here just to stir the pot.
    I believe you are a fraud.
    Now, what is it you have supposedly contributed here?
    The spell check is the little ABC above the check.  Now you know!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence? : Evil, Ur right Cassel did succede.  The contract quoted above was signed this year, but there is a claus that says if Brady goes on IR the backup will be allowed to have moderate success, but the team should avoid (if at all possible) making the playoffs.  It was a logistical masterpiece to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs. lol
    Posted by knightsailor

Sorry but with this post I've reached my limit on my 'responses to inane stupidity per thread' counter. You'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to respond again or start a new dumb thread for it to reset.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

That's the problem with your posts man... they're all IF's... IF this... IF that... We all get where you're coming from but you just go to far and lose us! A wiseman once said it's easy to be right once when you constantly guess and are wrong a thousand times! Also, I highly doubt one 80 yard touchdown drive in a blowout would raise his trade value.
    Posted by prophet

I see your point Prophet.  Thanks for the thoughtful criticism.  I throw a bunch of crap against the wall to see what sticks.  If I am ever right about one of my ludicrous predictions I don't really expect to get much credit for it.

If.....If that...  It's speculation.  I would give one of my three vigorously rubbed balls to be part of the Pats organization, but since I'm not I can only fantasize and speculate.

I can pretend I'm in the room with BBs staff, and I'm the guy he has there to be a skeptic.  The non yes man in the room.

To bad I wasn't in the boardroom at Enron.  A room full of yes man is the downfall of every organization that doesn't realize they need people of my ilk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence? : Pezz, As usual you have no original thoughts and nothing to contribute to the subject at hand, so you resort to jabs about my spelling.  Spelink is so far doun my list of pryorities thet I can't evin find it.  I've never been good at spelling and I never will.  I'm happy with the things I am good at.
    Posted by knightsailor

Clever stuff knight but it is spelled POSSESSION. First time I saw it. I gave it a pass as a typo but it appeared again in a subsequent post, so I figured, nope just doesn't know how to spell it or use spell check. Oh well...

On point, Brady is the Q.B.. BB as coach has not been a proponent over the years of having the backup do mop up duty. Don't know why and I don't care. Brady goes to the HOF, you get to stay here.

I think Hoyer's got talent. I hope that someday he gets a chance to show us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Come on, Knight.. a tongue in cheek post?  Whose cheek is your tongue stuck into?  Even if this is regarded as a "tongue in cheek" post it continues to follow your habit to attack Brady in all sorts of ways.

Question for you:  Why does Brady HAVE to sit at the end of a blowout game?  Is there a rule other than a need to avoid injury?  Even Manning plays to the end of games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Hoyer $ucks.

In all his previous cameos, he's turned over the ball. That he didn't against the Bears was due to having no pass attempts. The Pats would be wise to keep looking for a QB after the 1st round. There are some good prospects that could slip through: Stanzi of Iowa and if he comes out, Martin of Boise St.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

If the role is to back Brady not succede him I'd rather see a cagey old vet as a backup anyway. There's going to have to be some prep to bring in Brady's heir. If you're going to go for a marque college QB you're going to have to be lined up to draft him a season or 2 before Brady retires. More if you see a guy lower in the draft that you think has great potential. You'll also need a backup plan in case the heir turns out to be a bust.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Why wasn't Hoyer allowed to run the offence? : Pezz, This is original?  Haven't you posted this same post like 40 times by now? Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah spellcheck blah blah blah fraud blah blah blah. Do you even know what this thread is about?
    Posted by knightsailor

It's about you trying to find another way to bash Brady.  What else would it be about?  I know it, you know it and any poster that has had the displeasure of reading your posts, knows it.  Isn't it past your bed time?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from richdeno. Show richdeno's posts

Knightsailor,
     your themes are always the same. Your always looking to put the team and it's players in a negative light. If you knew anything about this team you would know that as long as Brady has breath he will want to play. Brady is such a competitor he hates not playing even in garbage time. It would not surprise me if O'brien, after having asked Brady to sit out for Hoyer a couple of times that BB finally says Tom your out Hoyers in thats final.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

California pretty boys wouldn't get out of their car where I'm from.  My only saving graces are an above average IQ, a thirst for two sided debate, dedication to the principles that this country was built on, and a belief that I can make a difference in this world.
    Posted by knightsailor

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Knightsailor,  your themes are always the same. Your always looking to put the team and it's players in a negative light. If you knew anything about this team you would know that as long as Brady has breath he will want to play. Brady is such a competitor he hates not playing even in garbage time. It would not surprise me if O'brien, after having asked Brady to sit out for Hoyer a couple of times that BB finally says Tom your out Hoyers in thats final.
    Posted by richdeno

Brady looks at things the same way as Bill. Every second on the field is a chance for someone on the team to improve something. A read, a route, a juke move, a tackling method. It doesn't matter as long as there is continuous improvement.

Sections
Shortcuts