Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak.

I would have my Zombie Survival Guide- MVPkilla4life

But the more serious question is what is your zombie fighting weapon of choice?- zbellino

I have read Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide as well. I found it entertaining and full of useful info.  I will have to disagree with his high praise of the .22 cal for a zombie fighting weapon though. I can appreciate his comments concerning its light weight and report (bang) that is much quieter than other rifles. However I dispute the availability of ammo when compared to other popular calibers in the States. True .22 cal is more plentiful at stores that carry ammo but the weapons that utilize it are more plentiful as well so one can speculate that it will disappear off the shelves just as quickly. Also, having never tested it  myself, i'm not convinced of its capability to penetrate a human skull even at 100yds and am not willing to bet my life on it. The trajectory of the .22 cal requires a fair amount of sight adjustment or Kentucky-Windage when aquiring targets at different ranges as well.
         So my zombie fighting weapon of choice is my AK-74. There is no doubt that it can pentrate a skull at any distance within its effective range. The trajectory of the 5.45x39 round is much flatter than that of a .22 cal, even the 5.56(.223) as well. Therfore it requires much less compensation for ranging targets under 200 yds. It has a reliable design and is easy to maintain, hell I lubricate it with ATF fluid and it functions flawlessly. Availabilty of ammo is not an immediate concern because I make a point to keep 2160 rounds on hand at all times. Most stores in my area carry it and it's not a common rifle around here.  I haven't seen one for sale in any store and i'm the only one at my gun club that shoots one.  On top of all that my rifle has a folding buttstock making it very suitable for shooting from a vehicle or CQC.
         My AK-74 may be  twice as loud and weigh twice as much as my Ruger 10-22 but it's a fair trade-off for the piece of mind it brings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Speaking of AK-47s, did the Brady Bill finally expire so we are free to buy any guns we want?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

- PhatRex would perish because his fat mouth would alert the zombies too his location and he would be too fat to actually run from any of them.
    - Underdoggggg/Indylove would perish because he would locate a safe house filled with Patriot fans and we would all kick him out
    - jbolted would perish for exactly the same reason as underdoggggg/Indylove

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

remington+870" itemImage">Remington® 870™ Pump-Action Shotguns at Cabela'sCan't miss with this

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak.:
    [QUOTE]remington+870 " itemImage" /> Can't miss with this
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

speaking of 870's goin clay shooting tomorrow before work, can't wait!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of AK-47s, did the Brady Bill finally expire so we are free to buy any guns we want?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

depends on your state

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Mbeaulie07,Faucetman,MordeaiBloodmoon,KyleCleric 2, Zbellino and Tagandtrade would all perish because of their refusal to Draft any of the Zombies in the early rounds.
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]
    I have no problem with zombies. I just think you get one just as good in the 5th round as you can the 2nd. I mean. Look. There's a lot of depth in this draft. Why take a zombie when you can take a running back or corner when that's what we really need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]I would have my Zombie Survival Guide- MVPkilla4life But the more serious question is what is your zombie fighting weapon of choice?- zbellino I have read Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide as well. I found it entertaining and full of useful info.  I will have to disagree with his high praise of the .22 cal for a zombie fighting weapon though. I can appreciate his comments concerning its light weight and report (bang) that is much quieter than other rifles. However I dispute the availability of ammo when compared to other popular calibers in the States. True .22 cal is more plentiful at stores that carry ammo but the weapons that utilize it are more plentiful as well so one can speculate that it will disappear off the shelves just as quickly. Also, having never tested it  myself, i'm not convinced of its capability to penetrate a human skull even at 100yds and am not willing to bet my life on it. The trajectory of the .22 cal requires a fair amount of sight adjustment or Kentucky-Windage when aquiring targets at different ranges as well.      So my zombie fighting weapon of choice is my AK-74. There is no doubt that it can pentrate a skull at any distance within its effective range. The trajectory of the 5.45x39 round is much flatter than that of a .22 cal, even the 5.56(.223) as well. Therfore it requires much less compensation for ranging targets under 200 yds. It has a reliable design and is easy to maintain, hell I lubricate it with ATF fluid and it functions flawlessly. Availabilty of ammo is not an immediate concern because I make a point to keep 2160 rounds on hand at all times. Most stores in my area carry it and it's not a common rifle around here.  I haven't seen one for sale in any store and i'm the only one at my gun club that shoots one.  On top of all that my rifle has a folding buttstock making it very suitable for shooting from a vehicle or CQC.      My AK-74 may be  twice as loud and weigh twice as much as my Ruger 10-22 but it's a fair trade-off for the piece of mind it brings.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]
    Read it, too, and completely agree. How loud a rifle is probably is not going to matter. Anything close enough to get you, you aren't going to be using your medium/long range weapon. You're switching over to a short range weapon like a shot gun or to something like a machete or katana.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Good question. I am firmly against automatic rifles, because the temptation to p1ss through ammo is too great. The report on an AK is very loud IIRC. And the kickbakc is tremendous IIRC. I wouldn't want to get tied to my own stash of bullets, even if it is 2000+. I would want to know I could get ammo anywhere.

I am willing to give up a little size for more stopping power and velocity, and I also think Brook's claims are overstated for the .22 ammo.

I think something like a Springfield .308 with a light and durable synthetic stock that can take a scope, is semi-automatic, deadly accurate, and has one of the most ubiquitous cartridges in the U.S. of A. would be a fine choice.

The other weapon that everyone overlooked is melee. I take a crowbar. It is light enough to carry. Powerful enough to do tremendous damage. You can find them everywhere, so losing one isn't the end of the world. Plus they are a practical tool,. for prying, opening, etcetera. 

A simple hunting rifle and crowbar is all I need. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak. : speaking of 870's goin clay shooting tomorrow before work, can't wait!
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

Green Bay Packers' Clay Matthews(notes) celebrates after sacking Detroit Lions quarterback Shaun Hill(notes) during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Oct. 3, 2010, in Green Bay, Wis.Oh really bring it on buddy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha. That is easily the funniest photo I've seen in a while.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. He's my personal photog. Not included here is 100 box stash of Diamond Waterproof matches, one gallon container of Vicks Vapo Rub, and (though you can just see the corner of the box) a full set of acid washed jeans underneath my bed.

That and a confederate flag with a heavy metal viking on it, just so I can run up my colors for the zombie hordes.

Do you think I should grow more stomach hair in case of a zombie attack? I mean that doubles as a tshirt...but  when winter comes I might need some wool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It would be fun until you had to land to refuel. One chopper is going to alarm every zombie within earshot.

It would essentially be like pizza delivery for zombies. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Glen Beck would perish because he filled his pockets with gold instead of wisdom and he couldn't run away. Not even from foot dragging zombies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

How did I miss this when it was first posted? Must have been on the road. I don't know if I would perish. It depends on whether or not I can get Milla Jovovich to move in with me.

The entire Jets team would perish because instead of running or fighting they'd just stand there bragging to the zombies how good they are. Several zombies would also die from over eating from trying to devourer Rex.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

leon would not perish. All the zombies would sit in circle and listen to leon tell stories.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]leon would not perish. All the zombies would sit in circle and listen to leon tell stories.
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're right. Their mental and verbal skills are about equal. He could fascinate them with stories of his football glory days. When the switch was flipped and the field started vibrating Leon always went in the right direction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Z, I tend to think that a lot of rifles would just rip right through the undead flesh while failing to kill the zombies in a similar manner to the way that sniper rifles fail to kill the Flood in the first two Halos

I think buckshots and birdshot are the way to go: can't miss.  3-round bursts aren't bad.  On your ammo bit, there's a really cool gun concept that accepted AK-47 ammo AND the NATO standard.  Limited production, but definitely worth getting your hands on in the case of a zombie apocalypse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i'm not sure i buy that a crowbar is a good weapon to take on zombies. you need something that can easily penetrate a zombie skull every time and be useful against the next zombie that attacks you.

World War Z was amazing. I read it in a sitting. Next time, slower.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"This one's just for fun, feel free to add or dispute!

Laz would perish because he would try to impress them with his command of the English language. Sorry Laz, zombies don't appreciate literary skills.

NEGame would perish because she would be too busy laughing her CLAO at Brett Favre's junk pic to notice the hordes approaching to make her untimely demise.

TexasPat would perish because he would make the fatal mistake of pausing to post this weeks picks
    ."

LMAO!  I just saw this one now!!!  Honestly though, I'm sorta a sadomasochistic tattooed up nutcase in reality who lifts almost every day...YET, I DO believe you're on to something here:  Bein' the perennial idealist, I honestly don't want to hurt anyone or anything, I'm more of a fist through the wall, chair through the family's bay window, get-arrested-for-that-stuff sorta guy (or at least, "moreso").  I see ZERO reason why zombies and humans shouldn't be able to Co-exist peacefully, and IF it means sacrificing a few non-zombies for peace, hey- collateral damage, ya know?   

Also, This thread reminds me of Freddie from Nightmare on Elm Street, and how one of my friends once stated that the later Nightmare on Elm Street movies were simply gettin' "too absurd."  He said something like how he could picture Freddie in a dream-sequence where Freddie was hosting a barbecue, and Freddie's "talons" were shish-kabobbed with veggies and Freddie says, "How's this for 'Poor Taste?'"  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'd like to add here that NO-one gave me the tactical tomahawk from RMJ Forge which I so coveted for my birthday NOR the AK-47 that I trully need to go with it, when the fall of civilization inevitably comes on December 21st, 2012...GOD, I hate you people!  I had it all planned out, I'm gettin' my tat work done, and planned to grow out a Mohawk like my 1/4 Native American Indian ancestry.  The picture of people just bowing in reverance and fear has been preset in my mind's eye for sooo long, and you PEOPLE are scr#win' it up.  I mean, Harley gave me a survivalist book, fine, fine.  Mosseffect & zbellino gave me a musical inspiration greeting card, that I just trashed...apocalyptically useless (wadda my gonna do, papercut people to death?).  Prairie gave me some freakin' poetic quote, like: "The wisest man is one who- blah, blah, blah-blah-."  tcal and stompper gave me a toy gun that they went halves in from the dollar store, that shoots plastic disks....the only problem is that, 1 or both of them ate the majority of the disks.  Sam Adams gave me a 12 pack of Sam Adams, while the resta a' you j#rks gave me the child's toy where ya gotta hammer in the round, square, triangle, and oval shapes into their fitted holes with a hammer, but you j#rks thought it'd be hilarious by sendin' with it a foam & plastic hammer, which goes "squeek-squeek, squeek-squeek", and doesn't budge anything when you hit it...  I did a Sam Adams power-hour, fell short when I got to the hexagon shaped hole, and just burned the whole lot'a 'yur junk.  I mean, some kind soul sent me a Tek 9 semi, but I TOLD you m#rons that I'll look ridiculous with a tactical hawk, and a smaller semi auto, So I just swapped the Tek for a half eaten double cheeseburger from Mcy-D's dollar menu, and some fries that were stepped on after I was drunk and starving.  You people s#ck.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Game wouldnt perish cause I'd throw her over my shoulder and run away with her to safety.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

first off, what kind of zombies are we dealing with here?  dawn of the dead?  28 days (ya not true zombies i know)?  sean of the dead?  i think that dawn of the dead is the most likely scenario zombies.

first, and in my mind most important, is short range weapons.  a nice light aluminum bat could do wonders to a decaying zombie scull.  id avoid any kind of blades, as the infection could be transferred by blood.

second is guns and ammo.  personally, i plan to be held up with a ton of pot plants and other vegitation (yknow, food is important too i guess), so long range guns wouldnt be of much use.  perhaps a shotgun is a great way to disable zombies, but not kill them (too much spread in the buckshot).  if i was really going to go all gung ho and take them out from a safe distance, id want a bolt-action rifle like many have stated here.

probably the most important thing is to lay low in a safe place for a few days, and then find a big truck that could clear the roads for you to gather supplies and perhaps find a safer  vantage point.

that being said, i survive!

ps rivers gets tossed to the zombies by his teammates for lack of leadership (they hate him)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"that being said, i survive!"

Either Socrates or Plato (I forget) once said something like, "Luck, is when the guy next to you gets hit with the arrow."  THIS being said flutie, I mean- idk about the poor rest'a you folks, but I KNOW for an absolute certainty, that I personally, am gonna be one of the few, select survivors whom in no way possible will be zombie food.  Shoot, in all honesty-They'll probably elect me "Zombie-King" to rule over them....considering I'm all-together immortal too.  Everyone else (see-anyone & everyone reading this now)- is wormfood.