Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak.

BB survives, after talking to the media, zombies think he's one of them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak.:
    [QUOTE]first off, what kind of zombies are we dealing with here?  dawn of the dead?  28 days (ya not true zombies i know)?  sean of the dead?  i think that dawn of the dead is the most likely scenario zombies.
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

With man's dabbling in sciences like bio-engineering and nano-technology I think the 28 days scenario would be most likely. Whether the "undead" are trying to maul or eat you, both scenarios aren't a walk in the park. I've developed a short term survival plan with a friend. It would serve as a survival plan for 28 days type and the planning stage for long term survival for your more traditional zombies.
        No plan is universal, it has to be adapted to your specific situation. That being said- food, water, shelter, a means to defend yourself, and communication/information gathering are paramount to survival.
       Whatever situation we find ourselves in, I think that if you can ride out the initial wave of choas that erupts your chances of survival increase significantly. Once the panicking population withers it will be easier to assess the situation and plan accordingly to the given circumstances.
       Anyhow, aim true, step light and always look over your shoulder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak. : With man's dabbling in sciences like bio-engineering and nano-technology I think the 28 days scenario would be most likely. Whether the "undead" are trying to maul or eat you, both scenarios aren't a walk in the park. I've developed a short term survival plan with a friend. It would serve as a survival plan for 28 days type and the planning stage for long term survival for your more traditional zombies.     No plan is universal, it has to be adapted to your specific situation. That being said- food, water, shelter, a means to defend yourself, and communication/information gathering are paramount to survival.    Whatever situation we find ourselves in, I think that if you can ride out the initial wave of choas that erupts your chances of survival increase significantly. Once the panicking population withers it will be easier to assess the situation and plan accordingly to the given circumstances.    Anyhow, aim true, step light and always look over your shoulder.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

28 days later is just silly movie zombies. we'd be dealing with real zombies, Zombie Survival Guide/World War Z zombies. Slower, good sense of hearing and smell, thick blood so not much spray there, and the only way to kill them is to destroy the brain. Boom, headshot!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Zbell, you took the time to lay everything out so neat I can't figure out where the bottle of Jack and the blow mirror are? Anyway, looking at your pic again it made me realize we all forgot to mention a handgun. A crowbar is great for breaking into liquor/food/ammo stores but when you get jammed up with a dozen surrounding you the last thing you want to do is let them get as close as the length of a crowbar. One will definitely break through and get to you. So to my collection I add a 9mm. As for Leon, they already got him a long time ago. Who do you think brings all the Zombie trolls here? He's their leader.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I plan on stopping at the liquor store for Funyuns and Jack, so that is no problem. My mirror is collapsible, and that yay can wait until I reach the Mexicali where I make my stand on the world's sunniest peninsula. 

Handgun? I think .40 cal or 9mm would be the best choice, because the ammo is ubiquitous, although handguns in general are not the best weapon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Handguns have 3 purposes:
    1. short range weapon - mostly ineffective, you need to be able to get head shots without having much time to aim, practice is a must
    2. hand-hand zombie killer - if you're that close, put it up to the zombie's head and pull the trigger
    3. suicide - you've lost, two choices: 1) let the zombie eat you, or 2) kill yourself/destroy your brain

I don't really buy though a crowbar's killing potential. Bashing a skull is not an easy thing. It's hard to be successful the first attempt.

Something that can slash through a skull everytime is far and away the most effective choice. As things are right now, it is not hard to get your hands on a katana or machete, cheaply.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Guns also need to be reloaded, and you need to stop for ammo or carry a bunch. You ideally need both, but anyone familiar with the context will tell you ... avoiding zombies is the best method. 

Also, another area where Brooks doesn't know what he is talking about is the katana blade. They are fragile, dull easily, require tremendous skill to wield effectively, are hard to find, too large for the closest of quarters, etc. 

For edged weapons a machete makes the most sense because they are much or durable, denser (thus can have a slight bludgeon effect) and easier to maintain. They are also shorter and work well in hallways, etcetera. You also don't need to use two hands all the time. And they travel better, and being more durable can actually be used to clear brush (one of their principle uses in real life). 

Land of the Dead was Romero's worst major film. I would never, ever want to be a Zombie, and sympathizing with zombies (a la the ending where they let them walk off) is garbage. 

Supplies are a total must, although I have smoked more than enough ganj to know that toking is a terrible, terrible idea. Save that for when you find that isolated island thousands of waterlogged miles from a zombie can sneak up on you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]Guns also need to be reloaded, and you need to stop for ammo or carry a bunch. You ideally need both, but anyone familiar with the context will tell you ... avoiding zombies is the best method.  Also, another area where Brooks doesn't know what he is talking about is the katana blade. They are fragile, dull easily, require tremendous skill to wield effectively, are hard to find, too large for the closest of quarters, etc.  For edged weapons a machete makes the most sense because they are much or durable, denser (thus can have a slight bludgeon effect) and easier to maintain. They are also shorter and work well in hallways, etcetera. You also don't need to use two hands all the time. And they travel better, and being more durable can actually be used to clear brush (one of their principle uses in real life).  Land of the Dead  was Romero's worst major film. I would never, ever want to be a Zombie, and sympathizing with zombies (a la the ending where they let them walk off) is garbage.  Supplies are a total must, although I have smoked more than enough ganj to know that toking is a terrible, terrible idea. Save that for when you find that isolated island thousands of waterlogged miles from a zombie can sneak up on you. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

i still think any kind of blade you risk getting blood on you, or it not coming out of the zombie clean, so ill stick with my aluminum bat.

as for the smoking, it would be essential once you have you self in your initial safezone to wait out the first few days.  how else could you  keep your sanity?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Hand weapons? let's get serious shall we....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jeffrey Dahmer would perish...oh wait.  He already did.  Whoops.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak. : i still think any kind of blade you risk getting blood on you, or it not coming out of the zombie clean, so ill stick with my aluminum bat. as for the smoking, it would be essential once you have you self in your initial safezone to wait out the first few days.  how else could you  keep your sanity?
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]
    We're dealing with Guide/War zombies so the risk of blood causing infection is very low. Circulatory system is shut down and the blood is turned to sludge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

No problem Killa...you would be in the know because you would be named Zombie Czar-in charge of their destruction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I don't want to ruin the island party sounds like a blast if we all survived there, but what's to stop the zombies from coming over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

could zombies drive boat?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]could zombies drive boat?
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

Well zombies can strip dance so I think driving boats is a possibilty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, this was a really cool thread. I've leraned a lot and I see many of the regulars have put a lot of thought into this. The weapons range from crowbars to Tactical Thermal Nuclear Weapons and most in between. The argument that guns jam and need to be reloaded and then vehicles run out of fuel is a good one. On the other side you have the fact that a crowbar and knife may be silent, but they get you too close and may not get the job done in one try. Zbell mentions the most important fact and that's to stay away from them. I think Killa's idea is a great one and I would choose Peddocks Island. It has houses, plenty of fire wood and the caretaker of the island has a landing craft big enough to bring cars and small trucks over. I'd also grab a duckboat and mount a 50-cal on the front and back. You can get them off the Coast Guard inflatables. This is what you'd use to go back for canned food at Super Stop & Shop. Cook with gas grills, there's plenty of tanks sitting in everyone's backyard not being used. I hate to steal this from Will but a good dog is a must. He acts as your eye's and ears when your on the mainland. And now we come to the most important thing, the weed and the beers. I would grab a local distributer's truck full of Sam-Adams, drive it to the local dealers house and grab everything he has. Then I'd drive the truck onto the landing craft and bring the entire mother load out to the island. As you burn you can grow your own after that.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

You see. This is regional innovation. Amphibious vehicles are a pipe dream to most of the other 360 million in the U.S. But if you are near Boston, it is almost worth fighting through huge metro hordes to get one ... and make a pit stop at the Boston Beer Company.  

Growing your own is key ... so I say rescue a stash of hops, malt, yeast and barley so we can eventually brew our own .... I can take o leave the green monster, but I need a beer ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would think a duck boat's front end would do a good job shoveling the zombies out of the path too...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

How have I missed this thread? Epic stuff.

I simply must echo the support for a good crowbar. Anyone who has played Half Life 2 knows that it's the best multipurpose tool/weapon out there.

My brother and I would absolutely survive an attack/invasion/epidemic. We've planned for years how to survive on both a strategic and tactical level. We train in parkour, rock climbing, gymnastics, and a wide variety of martial arts and are quite adept at all movement skills. Evasion is the least of our worries. We've also developed apocalypse-proof skills: wood working, basic construction, gardening, cooking, courier work, wilderness survival skills, etc. That, combined with a consistent study of history, battle strategy, politics, power structures, societal dynamics, and so on, should give us both immediate survival tools and also long term intellectual capital to position ourselves for leadership roles in the emerging survivor society (long may we prosper).

If you do in fact set up your island outpost, just send us the coordinates and we'll join you. Should be a heck of an adventure. Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Could zombies drive boat?"

Idk...this sentence seems a tad suspect for your run-a-the-mill NON-zombie to make.  Freudian slip, Harley ole pal...OR should I just call you Leader Of The ZOMBIES!!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightyzombies. Show themightyzombies's posts

You're all toast!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

honestly, the biggest problem all of us would face would be the threat of a tactical nuclear strike.  we can hold up in a safe place, but i would be concerned of nuclear bombs being used to clear out certain areas. a secluded log cabin in the middle of nowhere might be key.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Mbeaulie07,Faucetman,MordeaiBloodmoon,KyleCleric 2, Zbellino and Tagandtrade would all perish because of their refusal to Draft any of the Zombies in the early rounds.
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]

Are these zombies strong at the POA?  Can they set the edge vs. the run?  Do they have good quickness in and out of their breaks and move well laterally?  How are their instincts, recognition and ball skills?  What kind of closing burst do they have? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why _________ would perish during a zombie outbreak. : Are these zombies strong at the POA?  Can they set the edge vs. the run?  Do they have good quickness in and out of their breaks and move well laterally?  How are their instincts, recognition and ball skills?  What kind of closing burst do they have? 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

While they never study film, you could day they are all instinct. And though they are below average athletes in general, they carry their pursuit through the whistle ... literally. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]" Could zombies drive boat ?" Idk...this sentence seems a tad suspect for your run-a-the-mill NON-zombie to make.  Freudian slip, Harley ole pal...OR should I just call you Leader Of The ZOMBIES!!!! 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Me non zombie me forgot "a" me live human non dead 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

OH this is to easy. Rusty because of his huge brain.  Just ask him. And we all know Zombies LOVE brains.

Oh and yes before anyone else says it, that would make me safe.....Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]OH this is to easy. Rusty because of his huge brain.  Just ask him. And we all know Zombies LOVE brains. Oh and yes before anyone else says it, that would make me safe.....
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]...after he tries to debate them in the 4-3 versus 3-4 and the run/pass play ratio in the Offensive scheme. That may be the smartest thing because they'd all get bored and annoyed and leave him alone

Sections
Shortcuts