Why would we sign Mankins now???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Why would we sign Mankins now???

In Response to Re: Why would we sign Mankins now???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why would we sign Mankins now??? : I'm missing something.  What does one have to do with the other?  Anyway, I'd rather have Mankins backed up by Connolly.  Not a Kaczur fan and I'm not sure we even know if he's going to play this year.  Hey the Red Sox are winning without Pedroia and Youkilis, so why not just get rid of them and their big salaries?  Who needs 'em?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I think you are forgetting one thing...Mankins is a guard. I can't ever remember a team going all the way with wild success and saying, wow they really owe it to that awesome guard that they have. You want to mention Qb's, reciever's, backs, De's, on and on, but I have a hard time naming many guards that have changed the fate of a team. Do you need good ones? Yeah you need good players all around. But do you want to lock a lot of big money in at the guard position? I don't know, maybe if Connelly blows an assignment and Brady goes down, but if he is just average that hopefully won't happen. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think anyone thinks it wouldn't be good to have Mankins back.  The only real question is at what cost?  Therein lies our differences of opinion.  If Brady gets flattened repeatedly Sunday, I say it might be worth a pretty high cost.  If Brady is protected as well or better than last year, I say he's not worth big bucks.  Maybe he will be to someone else, but not us.

Flawed or not, that's my logic and I'm sticking with it :^)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Why would we sign Mankins now???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why would we sign Mankins now??? : Not trying to make you look like anything.  Just saying if they can win without Brady, then why not just keep Cassel?  The same thing happened with Bledsoe/Brady.  There they went with the lower cost option and if you recall, there wasn't unanimous opinion one way or the other.  Bledsoe had his backers.   They went with Brady because he gave them the best chance to win.  He's a better player than Cassel, just like when they chose Brady over Bledsoe.  Why wouldn't you apply that logic on the O-line, at WR, everywhere?  As far as money goes, I really don't care.  It's not my cash.  Unless you're a Kraft, it's not yours either.  There's no cap this year.  If there's one next year (if there is a next year), worry about that then.  I'd prefer to field the best team this year, and Mankins is the best OL on this team.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

a lot of whining too when bb sat glenn.

Sections
Shortcuts