Why would Wilfork play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oconnell99. Show oconnell99's posts

Why would Wilfork play?

Has anyone else had this thought?

Why would Vince Wilfork play tomorrow. He would likely be risking further injury, he has no contract protection, and he's played for an "undervalued" salary (to borrow from Kraft cyberspeak). Why would he take that kind of risk with his future livelihood to show a kind of loyalty that has not been shown him.

Seems like it would be in the sane interest of him and his family to be very conservative about this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Why would Wilfork play?

Because he's a football player living up to the contract he signed. Also this is a big game for the Pats...division/conference and we need him in there to help our chances to make it in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Why would Wilfork play?:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone else had this thought? Why would Vince Wilfork play tomorrow. He would likely be risking further injury, he has no contract protection, and he's played for an "undervalued" salary (to borrow from Kraft cyberspeak). Why would he take that kind of risk with his future livelihood to show a kind of loyalty that has not been shown him. Seems like it would be in the sane interest of him and his family to be very conservative about this.
    Posted by oconnell99[/QUOTE]

If Belichick doesn't make him sit he will be playing. Didn't you see how Pi$$ed he was last week when he had to come out. He's going to get paid no matter what happens from here on out and if we decide to franchise him thats a 16.7m years salary for him. My guess is Belichick sits him out along with Warren. It doesn't do us much good to play him and watch him come out injured again after a quarter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Wilfork play?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why would Wilfork play? : If Belichick doesn't make him sit he will be playing. Didn't you see how Pi$$ed he was last week when he had to come out. He's going to get paid no matter what happens from here on out and if we decide to franchise him thats a 16.7m years salary for him. My guess is Belichick sits him out along with Warren. It doesn't do us much good to play him and watch him come out injured again after a quarter.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I also tend to think he's a competitor who will only sit if he's told to do so.

If I thought he might be able to help, but couldn't hold up for extended periods of time, I would dress him and have him on the sideline for key goal line and short yardage situations, but still try to avoid using him unless I have to...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Why would Wilfork play?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why would Wilfork play? : If Belichick doesn't make him sit he will be playing. Didn't you see how Pi$$ed he was last week when he had to come out. He's going to get paid no matter what happens from here on out and if we decide to franchise him thats a 16.7m years salary for him. My guess is Belichick sits him out along with Warren. It doesn't do us much good to play him and watch him come out injured again after a quarter.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Please show me where the tag price for a NT is that high. 

Sections
Shortcuts