Why??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Why??

Is it that if you make it to the playoffs and lose a game your not as good as another team that makes it but hasn't been there a long time. All this talk about the 4 years that have passed since the Pats won a playoff game.. While teams like the 49ers and Bronco's are held in higher regard. The Patriots are playing meaningful games in January EVERY YEAR !!!!  Can somebody explain this??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamchampy. Show iamchampy's posts

Re: Why??

In Response to Why??:
    [QUOTE]Is it that if you make it to the playoffs and lose a game your not as good as another team that makes it but hasn't been there a long time. All this talk about the 4 years that have passed since the Pats won a playoff game.. While teams like the 49ers and Bronco's are held in higher regard. The Patriots are playing meaningful games in January EVERY YEAR !!!!  Can somebody explain this??
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

Who is holding the 49ers and Broncos in a higher regard? If you lose a game in the playoffs, the team that beat you is better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We haven't won a SB in a long time now. When you get in the post-season virtually every year but don't win it all, people start to see you as a choker. That's just the way it is.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

In Response to Re: Why??:
    [QUOTE]Or, they don't really tell the whole story: 2008 - We lose Brady to a dirty hit.  I don't see many teams winning SBs with back ups QBs.  Ours wins 11 games with Cassel, it's forcibly applaued by the media, but that's it. Now, it's framed as "NE hasn't won in the playoffs for a long time" for dramatic effect. 2009 - BB sells off Seymour and Vrabel, a clear sign he's re-organizing and cutting some cost for a variety of reasons.   Anyone pretending NE was loading up for a SB run in this season is a liar or a moron. Congrats to Balt for finally beating Brady and NE. Gee, you're really something special. 2010 - Rebuilding year through the draft, starting 4 rookies on D, going into an NFL Lockout.  Disappointing loss to a diviisonal rival, but it's a loss. Oh well.  Good learning experience, it wasn't meant to be. I warned a lot of irrationals here for a while now.  DOn't expect Pittsburgh and Baltimore and the same old names to be able to keep all the same players. The cap doesn't go up until 2014.  All we hear about is how great every other team does it, yet the best one is right here in front of your own eyes. Is it perfect? Hell no, but who said it was? We had a long run, 3 SBs, 4 total appearances, largely in part because of great players AND continuity. Why doesn't this team have a right to try to get that back again? I had no idea there is a 1-2 year specific timeline and that this organization was so awful by not justifying with a SB immediately. Belichick chose to wisely rebuild in the fly knowing Brady wasn't going to be 100% in 2009 and there was a lockout brewing in 2011. Make fun of it, call it excuses, etc, but that is the landscape here over the past few years here and I have no issue with it. It's called knowing your team and being very wise with how you proceed. Most NFL teams beg to qualify for a Wild Card or can't even make the playoffs in successive years. The haters had their day in the sun and just went bye-bye. NE is in the best spot it's been since the 2007 season. All trolls and irrationals were warned and now you'll start to see the trending UP of this team again, not down. I'll explain it, to the thread starter: People use 1 special, irrational barometer with the Pats due to being jealous of how this team is run and the past successes. Some Pats fans also do this becaus they don't watch the NFL much outside of NE.  Then, they apply one normal set to the 31 other NFL teams. Now that the smoke has cleared, you can see who is standing and in great position moving forward.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

GREAT answer King.. I wish I could recite some of these details when I'm beating down a rival team fan. I usualy require that we discuss how many SB's or meaningful games their team has played in January over the past 12 years. Thanks for arming me with good firepower..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HomeDetox. Show HomeDetox's posts

In Response to Why??:
    [QUOTE]Is it that if you make it to the playoffs and lose a game your not as good as another team that makes it but hasn't been there a long time. All this talk about the 4 years that have passed since the Pats won a playoff game.. While teams like the 49ers and Bronco's are held in higher regard. The Patriots are playing meaningful games in January EVERY YEAR !!!!  Can somebody explain this??
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

Great question. Because we have TB12 and because we have BB and Co. many fans think every season we don't win the SB is a failed season.  Sorry, I have enjoyed the journey almost as much as seeing the Pats hold up the ultimate trophy. 

This league was re-engineered to create parity. There are some great players on many teams that are capable of leading their teams to the SB titles. Brady has been one, Rogers, the front four of the Giants in 08, Manning, and many others along with supporting cast. 

It is not easy to win the SB. Too many Pats fans think it is ours for the taking. That simplifies a highly competitive process that is years in the making. 

Enjoy the landscape of the journey, it may be a cloudy day in February.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]We haven't won a SB in a long time now. When you get in the post-season virtually every year but don't win it all, people start to see you as a choker. That's just the way it is.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Good answer Babe.

When you have the best QB in the game, the best coach in the game, and are consistently in the post-season then your expectations are higher then a team like Den.

When you are consistently a SB caliber team the expectations is to win the SB, getting knocked out in your first game in the playoffs is considered a failure. When you don't have a SB caliber team (ie Den, Atl) then just getting into the playoffs and/or winning a playoff game is considered a winning season. I'm sure if you ask Brady or BB truthfully they would say that anything short of making it to the AFCG at bare minimum would be a failure, heck they might consider anything short of a SB victory a failure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Let's blame it on what the Pats have accomplished since 2001...  year in and year out this team is almost the perennial SB favorite...  how many teams are SB favorites on more than one occasion in a couple years let alone 10? A very small handful.  Anyway.. the expectations are driving this as long as BB and TB are together. Look at the recent SB winners starting with those 2007 Giants.  The Giants and Packers, the winners of two of the last 5 went on magical playoff runs to win.  If expectations were the measure, then the Pats would always been seen as failing horribly every year if they don't even MAKE the SB! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The Pats and RS have travelled similar paths and thus have created the fans they currently have.
    For years the fans never expected much but held out hope for a chance at the top prize.
    In late 90's both showed a glimpse of what was to come.
    In the early 2000's we all got two WS and 3 SB and almost a 4th.

Fans have become greed and EXPECT shall I say believe THEY deserve more SBs and WS wins.

Both are very difficult to win.
    In the NFL one injury can blow your chances at the SB run.
    The loss of the injured DB who was the QB of the D had a major effect on the game. 

One mistake can blow a whole game.
    See last weeks OT loss by the Steelers.
    The guy missed the call for the D when Pollamolu moved up he did not move back as he did all game long.

The only thing I can expect and believe I deserve is the effort of all players and not to give up at any time in any game. BTW IMHO I believe the Pats give us that every single game be it the first of the preseason right down to the SB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

tournaments are one and dones....   you need to have talent, be playing good and get some breaks....   look at gb last year.... they needed help to get in and it just so happens they are pretty good and were playing well...  but they were lucky to get in at all...  the rest is history   ...look at the giants...  no luck... no win in superbowl

you could say the same thing about the jests....they were lucky to get in... but in reality werent good enough to win it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why?? : Great question. Because we have TB12 and because we have BB and Co. many fans think every season we don't win the SB is a failed season.  Sorry, I have enjoyed the journey almost as much as seeing the Pats hold up the ultimate trophy.  This league was re-engineered to create parity. There are some great players on many teams that are capable of leading their teams to the SB titles. Brady has been one, Rogers, the front four of the Giants in 08, Manning, and many others along with supporting cast.  It is not easy to win the SB. Too many Pats fans think it is ours for the taking. That simplifies a highly competitive process that is years in the making.  Enjoy the landscape of the journey, it may be a cloudy day in February.
    Posted by HomeDetox[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. There is also a lot of luck involved when you only play 16 games and playoffs are one and done. when we lost to the Giants and Steelers in consecutive weeks. I realised that we seldom have to endure a week with a loss on our heads and almost NEVER have to swallow two losses in a row. That is just rediculous... whether we take it for granted or not.. we are spoiled..  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

[QUOTE]Or, they don't really tell the whole story: 2008 - We lose Brady to a dirty hit.  I don't see many teams winning SBs with back ups QBs.  Ours wins 11 games with Cassel, it's forcibly applaued by the media, but that's it. Now, it's framed as "NE hasn't won in the playoffs for a long time" for dramatic effect. 2009 - BB sells off Seymour and Vrabel, a clear sign he's re-organizing and cutting some cost for a variety of reasons.   Anyone pretending NE was loading up for a SB run in this season is a liar or a moron. Congrats to Balt for finally beating Brady and NE. Gee, you're really something special. 2010 - Rebuilding year through the draft, starting 4 rookies on D, going into an NFL Lockout.  Disappointing loss to a diviisonal rival, but it's a loss. Oh well.  Good learning experience, it wasn't meant to be. I warned a lot of irrationals here for a while now.  DOn't expect Pittsburgh and Baltimore and the same old names to be able to keep all the same players. The cap doesn't go up until 2014.  All we hear about is how great every other team does it, yet the best one is right here in front of your own eyes. Is it perfect? Hell no, but who said it was? We had a long run, 3 SBs, 4 total appearances, largely in part because of great players AND continuity. Why doesn't this team have a right to try to get that back again? I had no idea there is a 1-2 year specific timeline and that this organization was so awful by not justifying with a SB immediately. Belichick chose to wisely rebuild in the fly knowing Brady wasn't going to be 100% in 2009 and there was a lockout brewing in 2011. Make fun of it, call it excuses, etc, but that is the landscape here over the past few years here and I have no issue with it. It's called knowing your team and being very wise with how you proceed. Most NFL teams beg to qualify for a Wild Card or can't even make the playoffs in successive years. The haters had their day in the sun and just went bye-bye. NE is in the best spot it's been since the 2007 season. All trolls and irrationals were warned and now you'll start to see the trending UP of this team again, not down. I'll explain it, to the thread starter: People use 1 special, irrational barometer with the Pats due to being jealous of how this team is run and the past successes. Some Pats fans also do this becaus they don't watch the NFL much outside of NE.  Then, they apply one normal set to the 31 other NFL teams. Now that the smoke has cleared, you can see who is standing and in great position moving forward.

I quite frequently disagree with you King but this was a great answer!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Remember when the Bills went to four consecutive SBs.  The entire country, outside of Western NY, was begging for some one in the afc to knock them off - they had become old news.  To make it to the big show four years in a row takes a tremendous amount of talent, perserverance and solid play. 

Today, outside of New England, the Pats are old news even though their resume is better than the Bills of old.  People are looking for them to get old and fall back to the pack and the media, searching for viewers, listeners and readers, is happy to give them what they want.  And here, back in Beantown, no one is harder on this team.  We still want them to win but won't accept anything less.  So of course these Patriots don't seem as invincible as the teams of 2001-2004. the "mystique" has faded.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]tournaments are one and dones....   you need to have talent, be playing good and get some breaks....   look at gb last year.... they needed help to get in and it just so happens they are pretty good and were playing well...  but they were lucky to get in at all...  the rest is history   ...look at the giants...  no luck... no win in superbowl you could say the same thing about the jests....they were lucky to get in... but in reality werent good enough to win it...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    So true...  a team can play the greatest stretch of games in history and all it takes is one stinker or a magical play to tear it all down. No team is immune to playing a sub-par game, even the greatest!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

[QUOTE]May I ask what specifically you have disagreed with me on? Just curious. This is the second time someone has prefaced a response like this in the last 24 hours, so I am just curious why I am wrong most of the time when forming an opinion on the Pats or NFL topics.

Honestly, I mostly disagree with how you think the offense (or the play calling) is the biggest problem with this team.  I really don't want to get into a discussion about it.  You have your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

It seems others on the board think you are, for a lack of a better word, "troublemaker" (not sure if that's the best word but couldn't come up with a better one). 

I don't agree with that thought, I just don't agree with you when it comes to the offense and the play calling.  I think you quite frequently have excellent comments and are obviously a big fan of the Pats

20. This post has been removed.