Why?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Why?

Yep.  I'm actually surprised the refs didn't throw more of them last night.  Some games it feels like  if a LB or DB breathes heavily on an offensive player, a flag's coming.

I feel for the players back in the day who were unprotected by such a rule.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Helmet-to-helmet hits aren't banned so long as the ballcarrier isn't defenseless, nor is he the quarterback. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Edelman was a running back on the play and an RB can be hit as hard as possible  anywhere with no penalties.

BTW what was up with the unnecessary roughness penalty on Dennard? How else was he supposed to tackle the guy? He didnt even hit the ballcarrier with his helmet. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, the NFL is only concerned about WRs or TEs and their head injuries and not RBs? That doesn't make any sense.

Seriously, does anyone have the rule for this supposed helmet to helmet enforcement?

[/QUOTE]

The thought is that running backs are not defenseless.  A quarterback in the pocket or a receiver in the act of making a catch are considered defenseless players.

A running back during a run, a receiver after he has completed the process of a catch, or a quarterback who has tucked and is scrambling are not defenseless, and can deliver a hit as well as the defender.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

It has something to do with the theory of a "defenseless reciever".  

IMO why not call a penalty on a QB for throwing high over the middle causing his WR leap to catch it and getting lit up?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'm sick of seeing any player get hit in the head. It's time they eject players that go for the head and give the a 1 game suspension.. You could see Edelman was purposely hit to the head in retaliation for the jests player that went out the game becasue he got hit in the head.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

It all boils down to the pats not getting lots of those calls..one other example of that was the Hernandez TD that was negated by an offensive pass interference. There really wasn't that much contact between him and Landry I think was on the coverage, but it got called against us. The same thing happened in the Ravens game where it looked like smith pushed off McCourty I believe it was but they didn't called it OPI.  So yea we usually don't get a lot of those calls on our favor, more often than not we get penalized for breathing on the opposing players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

to Kansaspatriot. You might want to find another sport to watch then. As long as its tackle football there are going to be blows to the head. 

Sections
Shortcuts