In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Mesko would have needed a raise for next season.  Remember, one of the most important players on this Pats team is Cap Space.  Cap Space wins games.  Cap Space wins championships.

Really???? Even after the Nink extension you still don't understand? McCourty, Spikes and Talib all are FA after this season... so they need that space to try and keep some of those players.  

They only had 7mill in cap space before extending nink, so i am not sure what's left.  

They need to keep Talib IMO.  I hope they come to some common ground before the year is done.  

[/QUOTE]

It won't happen with Talib. Talib signed the 1 year deal for leverage. He won't give that up now. The good news is, fewer teams may be bidding on him in fear he may act up in their organization as opposed to NE's.

Skins were the only team to be aggressive for him this offseason.  Flat cap this offseason and this above, plays into BB's hands, but all it takes is one team to be stupid and overwhelm the player.

Something tells me, NE will provide a good offer and it will be up to Talib to make the choice that is best for his own future in terms of structure, environment, chance to win.

[/QUOTE]

Right... Hoping it's sooner than later...

[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't expect Talib to not go to FA.  In mid March, when the gates open, he'll sit back and listen to bids.

I am sure he knows NE will be one of those teams.  I think NE will bid in the market and be right there. There will probably be 1 team that tosses out a higher number, one that has more cap room, quite possibly an AFC team, as a way to weaken NE.

It's what Talib does from there that will decide where he goes.  There are many CBs like this. Rodgers-Cromartie, Sean Smith, etc. Many signed 1 year deals to roll the dice they'd earn leverage in a flat cap in 2014.

We'll see how it works.   With so many CBs doing that, I am not sure it will work how they think it will.

[/QUOTE]

I got you.  FYI Smith actually signed a 3 year deal for 18 mil I think it was...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Why'd they cut Zoltan?

Wake me up next time a punter matters.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Flipping the field doesn't matter?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Is the problem that you aren't smart enough to understand how to edit the quote box, you are too lazy to edit the quote box, or you are just too rude to edit the quote box?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, yes you have to have a punter. They're all pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

Tell me about a championship that was won by a punter or where the punter made the difference, or an appreciable difference or any difference. The best punter in the NFL is not that much better than the worst.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ocho has always been a weird dude who you could not set your clock too. So after he goes out and has a 16 catch season. He catches ONE pass in the SB and comes off the field. During the week leading up, Ocho told Deion he still has it but it just didnt work out like he wanted.  He is asked to resign at a lower price and then is cut for whatever reason.  The next year they sign LLoyd to a cheap deal. I believe 3mill/year. He goes on to have a pretty decent year. 74 catches for 900 yards. He gets the axe the following year because .....HE was too weird?!?!  and THEN they tried to reach back out to him at the beginning of the season after one of their WRs got hurt.

You dont see that as a problem rusty? BB is all over the place. He needs to just coach and stop it! Fanene last year. Aintsworth the year before. Luckilly he got it right with Kelly but now Fork is looking like he lost his dog and isnt playing well. I have to find out whats up w/ Vince. He hasnt smiled all season and his play has dropped off. Is it personal , or physical?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Sorry if I missed the discussion, but anyone have any insight into why they cut fan favorite Zoltan the Magnificent?  Reiss said Allen has a stronger leg but was less accurate.  Anyone have ay other insight?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well Muzwell Kenny Walter worried me that he was going to make a difference for us in the SB years.   

we didn't resign mesko because losing Robbie Gould wasnt good enough.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, yes you have to have a punter. They're all pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

Tell me about a championship that was won by a punter or where the punter made the difference, or an appreciable difference or any difference. The best punter in the NFL is not that much better than the worst.

[/QUOTE]

Well when you put it that way, lol...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

To save us from operating expense Hell.  The price of paper clips has skyrocketed under Obama.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We should spend to the cap every year and never worry about the next year. This way, we will keep fans with no idea what they are talking about happy.

"Defense Wins Championships"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Pretty much a coin toss as both players were pretty even and as most posters noted the $$$$$  savings was the deal clincher in choosing Allen who BTW was a 2 time Ray GUY winner in College with huge upside!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Giants' punter in the last Pats-Giants Super Bowl deserved a game ball the number of times he pinned the Pats down around the 10 yard line. 

Muz, after reading this and your previous Slater comments, I'm guessing you think the kicking game exists mostly to give the fans a chance to get a beer . . . 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The Giants' punter in the last Pats-Giants Super Bowl deserved a game ball the number of times he pinned the Pats down around the 10 yard line. 

Muz, after reading this and your previous Slater comments, I'm guessing you think the kicking game exists mostly to give the fans a chance to get a beer . . . 

[QUOTE]

Well, sort of. A great FG kicker can make a difference (see Vinatieri, Adam) and a bad one (I'm looking at you, Ghost for the last few years) can lose you games.  And a great punt returner is still valuable. Like a Hester, Cribbs, etc. But even those guys have pretty short shelf lives, so I wouldn't commit to them long term.

But gunners, punters, etc., are only noticed when they mess up. We really missed the great Slater last week... Any fast, athletic, half way intelligent guy can be a competent gunner with a little practice.

I want to have the best punter on my team, sure. But if we have a run of the mill guy, we can still win just as many games. Mesko is 0-3, our guy is 3-0, that's all there is to it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Josh Miller pinned the Eagles at their 4 yard line with 46 seconds to go in Super Bowl 39.  The Eagles were only down by 3.  You might say that punt sealed the game.

And like prolate said, the Giants punter kept giving the Pats horrible field position in Super Bowl 46.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts