Why'd they cut Zoltan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: Why'd they cut Zoltan?

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Pretty much a coin toss as both players were pretty even and as most posters noted the $$$$$  savings was the deal clincher in choosing Allen who BTW was a 2 time Ray GUY winner in College with huge upside!

Exactly.  Why is that so hard to admit?   One guy, Zoltan, you know what he is.  He's not gonna get much better, if at all.  He's a middle of the road punter.  Teams that had a worse than a middle of the road punter would be happy to take him (Steelers?).  That's how it works.  Allen is young, decent and no worse than Zoltan, at this point.   Let's be clear, this has nothing to do with Zoltan getting 4 mil next year.  Not gonna happen.  

Sure, Bustchise. Quick! Sign in as Bungalow Bill and agree with yourself!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Josh Miller pinned the Eagles at their 4 yard line with 46 seconds to go in Super Bowl 39.  The Eagles were only down by 3.  You might say that punt sealed the game.

And like prolate said, the Giants punter kept giving the Pats horrible field position in Super Bowl 46.

Yes, and Josh Miller was an average punter. He did his job. I don't think that won the game but I'm sure it was a fine punt. I'm sure the Giants punter was good too, so good nobody seems to know what his name was...

I just want someone that's competent, average. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Josh Miller pinned the Eagles at their 4 yard line with 46 seconds to go in Super Bowl 39.  The Eagles were only down by 3.  You might say that punt sealed the game.

And like prolate said, the Giants punter kept giving the Pats horrible field position in Super Bowl 46.

^ This. It's correct. Muzwell, who I respect, really has a short-sighted opinion on special teams. 

Also, Mighty should post more often. That's a trenchant point right there. 

Miller's punt really iced that game. 

A punt to the 20? That could have wound up as a tie ball game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, and Josh Miller was an average punter. He did his job. I don't think that won the game but I'm sure it was a fine punt. I'm sure the Giants punter was good too, so good nobody seems to know what his name was...

[/QUOTE]

Miller was not an average punter. Miller was a top 5 punter in <10. Punt average is not the only stat. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Weatherford?, I didn't look it up.  He's considered one of the better ones.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

There really should be a stat like "percentage of available yardage attained" for punters.  That way a punter on a team with a good offense isn't penalized because he is always punting on a short field.

Sections
Shortcuts