Wild Card Round Playoff Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Wild Card Round Playoff Predictions

Saturday
    AFC: No. 6 Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at No. 3 Houston Texans (10-6), 4:30 p.m. ET  

NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions (10-6) at No. 3 New Orleans Saints (13-3), 8:00 p.m.

Sunday
    NFC: No. 5 Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at No. 4 New York Giants, 1 p.m. ET

AFC: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8), 4:30 p.m. ET

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Wild Card Round Playoff Predictions

Bengals, Saints, Giants,Steelers.

If I am Green Bay I don't want to see a D Line capable of giving Rodgers fits (eg: The Giants). IMO the Giants are the only team capable of beating the Pack. Saints will lose at Lambeau.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I've got all of the road teams winning,
    Bengals
    Lions
    Falcons
    Steelers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Bengals Saints Steelers Falcons

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Wild Card Round Playoff Predictions:
    [QUOTE]I've got all of the road teams winning, Bengals Lions Falcons Steelers
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I think Houston will win but can see picking Cinci, I don't see how you pick the Lions to win at N.O.?  The Lions have lost to every good team they played all year, including at N.O., I don't see them hanging in this game very long.

Houston
    New Orleans
    Blue New Jersey
    Steelers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Some think Houston limped into the playoffs. I think they clinched early and recognized, much to their chagrin, they had to prepare their third string QB to take them into the playoffs. They get one and done.
    Houston
    Detroit
    Steelers*Best Bet
    Falcons

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Texans, Saints, Giants, Steelers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Some think Houston limped into the playoffs. I think they clinched early and recognized, much to their chagrin, they had to prepare their third string QB to take them into the playoffs. They get one and done. Houston Detroit Steelers*Best Bet Falcons
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, why do you think the Lions are going to win at N.O.? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I think Houston will win but can see picking Cinci, I don't see how you pick the Lions to win at N.O.?  The Lions have lost to every good team they played all year, including at N.O., I don't see them hanging in this game very long. Houston New Orleans Blue New Jersey Steelers
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
    I originally had the Saints but upsets do happen so I picked a lark.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wild Card Round Playoff Predictions : I'm curious, why do you think the Lions are going to win at N.O.? 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

As another poster stated... it is a bit of a lark. An upset to say the least. I think Detroit will get one good game (a monster game?) from their Defense and limit the Saints offense. It may be as much a wish as anything else. Detroit has been so miserable for so long that I hope they get one win in the playoffs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Bengals, Steelers, Saints, Giants

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Texans
    Saints
    Giants
    Steelers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Bengals Saints Giants Steelers
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Ditto

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

What?!?!?!?  Rex and the Jests aren't in it?  Something must be wrong here, I'm picking the Jests anyway, don't the have the honor of losing in the AFC Championship game EVERY YEAR?  That's what they have been bragging about all year, anyway. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My Wild Card round Power Ratings and Game of the Week

1  no  14.0  (last wk. 3)  They have bashed in a few teams.

2  gb  13.7  (last wk. 2)  No, I didn’t count the Detroit game.  No Aaron Rodgers.

3  ne  13.5  (last wk. 1)

4  sf  12.3  (last wk. 4)

5  phi  11.5  (last wk. 9)

6  bal  10.5  (last wk. 6)

7  pit  10.3  (last wk. 5)  They made Cleveland look pretty good.

8  atl  9.9  (last wk. 7)

9  hou  9.7  (last wk. 11)  I didn’t count the Houston game.

10  mia  9.6  (last wk. 8)

11  nyg  9.3  (last wk. 20)

12  sd  9.2  (last wk. 10)

13  det  9.1  (last wk. 15)

14  nyj  8.5  (last wk. 12)

15  sea  7.9  (last wk. 14)

16  chi  7.6  (last wk. 17)

17  cin  7.5  (last wk. 16)  That’s what the numbers say. 

18  dal  7.5  (last wk. 13)

19  ten  7.5  (last wk. 19)

20  car  7.0  (last wk. 22)

21  az  6.9  (last wk. 23)

22  den  6.1  (last wk. 18)  They’re not acting like a good team.

23  kc  6.0  (last wk. 24)

24  cle  5.7  (last wk. 28)

25  was  5.7  (last wk. 21)

26  min  5.7  (last wk. 26)

27  buf  5.3  (last wk. 29)

28  oak  5.2  (last wk. 25)

29  jac  5.2  (last wk. 27)

30  ind  2.9  (last wk. 32)

31  stl  2.8  (last wk. 30)

32  tb  2.2  (last wk. 31)

Last week’s game of the week, Norv’s vengeful hand from the grave against Oakland, came through in spades, the gravedigger’s traditional tool.  This year’s streak is up to 9-3.  I got way ahead of Vegas last year, I’m way ahead this year and the tea leaves say that I can do this year after year because I know how strong teams actually are.  Next week’s predictions are:

Visitor / home / my points / the public’s opinion / the difference

pit  den      -1.9  -8.5  6.6

cin  hou      6.2  3  3.2

det  no      10.0  10.5  -0.5

atl  nyg      2.3  3  -0.7

My playoff game of the week is Denver plus the points, maybe not Denver to win, don’t ask for the moon and the stars, but Pittsburgh’s abilities looked vastly inflated as of last Sunday.  Big Ben Roofies most likely will get a little healthier, maybe, maybe not.  My numbers already take into account the idea that teams will slowly revert toward their former glory/mediocrity.  Denver’s bomb versus KC is also factored into the numbers.  I inherently give Denver an extra point at home for their unique thin air and other unique stadium characteristics, but would probably not give that same point against Orton because he knows Denver.  I think that Mendenhall (15 carries a week) being out in favor of Redman (6 carries a week normally) would be worth about 1 extra point for Denver because Redman’s performance of three quarters against a not-so-good Cleveland would be already half factored in, so let’s say Pitts by 0.9 points at the end.  That still doesn’t get Denver a win, but it’s an honest chance. 

Bonus:  If I were a mobster fixing games I'd be all over the Denver game.  It's a playoff game so the money would be moving around like mad.  The game features a home underdog and the crowd would go wild to see them either win or come close, and then the home team would feed off of the crowd.  The home crowd would explicitly not boo the ref for throwing his yellow hanky at a tickytack holding call, putting the football first and goal at the opponent's 1 yard line (is there really any other kind of mobster-approved referee call?)  So, the tea leaves point to the Denver game, in favor of Denver. 

Honestly, the mobsters don't care who wins as long as they get their million bucks profit or whatever.  I'm a firm believer first in underpaid refs getting paid off and second in occasional players with gambling debts fumbling on command.  The playoffs are the time when you can blame the "pressure" on the fumble.

Cincinnati at Houston is a battle of the rookie quarterbacks.  My numbers favor Houston on top of the points.  Cincy showed no particular interest in battling for a playoff berth but they got comped with a gift ticket anyways.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

I like Houston to win 21-13 This one is a toss up and it can go either way. The Bengals have not really beaten anyone that good, plus that dome will be rocking cause it's the first playoff game in team history.

Im taking the upset. I like Detroit 41-34. In the DET NO game last month, Detroit could have won that game, but they beat themselves with stupid penalty after stupid penalty. Plus they didnt have Suh that game. People talk about the Rodgers, Breess, adn Bradys of the world, but stafford has put up a monster season and is playing great football as of late. I think they have the ability to hang with NO in a shootout.

The other NFC game is a complete tossup, I however will take Atlanta 27-20. I want to see Matty ice get his first win in the playoffs

In the last game of WCW, I really want to take Denver, but I think Pitt will win 20-17. I think this game will be FAR closer than most people predict. Pitt didnt play too great to end the season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Texans barely beat Cinncy
    Falcons barely beat G-Men
    NO handles Det pretty easily
    Pitt embarasses Denver

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bengals win 21-17
    Saints win 48-45
    Falcons win 34-31
    Pitt wins 35-3 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

YES SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE]Bengals Saints Giants Steelers
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

voting for who i want to win:

Bengals
    Lions
    Falcons or giants no matter
    Broncos

dont wanna face saints, ravens, and ideally packers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bengals
    Saints
    Giants
    Steelers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Bring em on. The original wonder kid is back, bringing 4th quarter comeback's and TDs, and he's gonna smack around all the the discount double checkers and smoke all the stat chasers out their domes. And after he's done stamping his name in the history books he's going home to fuuk a supermodel.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Houston will pound and ground to beat Bengals
    Atlanta will upset the Giants at New York
    Lions just happy to be in the play off mode.  They cannot win with the 2second string QB of Green Bay so how can they stop Drew Brees?
    Tebow will go back to the NFL QB school to learn more

Sections
Shortcuts