Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

That's no recovery

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Look at the way Alex Smith runs that offense. I am jealous. My god.  Oh my.  It's just so simple.

Under center, spread it around, commit to that run game, etc.  

Brady.

Will Brady watch and learn?

Knile Davis looks to be a beast, too. Nice body balance and lower center of gravity.

You have no sense of reality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Solid game management by Smith there, eh Rusty?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Great game management there. Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Colts got it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm still just astonished at the hype about Luck vs the reality.

He doesn't have a running back. Luck is clearly a very good QB of the future.  

Brady performed without a RB for 7 years.

Antowain Smith wasn't any good? Please.

Let's not pretend smith was good after 2001 buddy. Our coaching staff just committed to running in the postseason, it wasnt because we had a great running back. 

Note....coaching staff, not Brady. Wake up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Brady performed without a RB for 7 years.

Exactly, and don't forget no down field threat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

So if this fumble goes the colts way, I imagine some will be complaining that the chiefs should have been called for holding.  Someone had a handful of colts jersey and the ref was looking right at it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In response to qball369's comment:

Hey, remember when I said Alex Smith was good because he doesn't turn it over and controls the game? That was funny. And, true.

11 TDs and only 1 INT on the road this season. Little known fact.

This Jamal Charles back up is a beast, too. Never seen him play before.

Discuss:

Hey Rusty - why don't you go down to your basement bedroom, clean YOUR Bill Belichick Fathead - and leave the football dialogue to the adults

If BB had wanted Alex Smith he could have had him for a song - and since it's your well documented position that BB can do NO wrong, if BB doesn't have Smith then it must mean that BB thinks that Brady gives his team the best chance to win.....or, are you saying BB is mistaken in that belief?

No. I am saying that Alex Smith has been a much better game manager than Brady whether in SF or here now in KC.

Is it really wrong of me to want my QB to look like this in the postseason?

I just heard 98.5s Adam Jones mocking Smith saying he hits too many checkdowns, when that is how Brady won 3 SBs for chrissakes! You take what the game gives you and play the game.

Brady should take notes.

Like I said - if BB wants Brady to play like Smith, why doesn't he? And, if Brady won't play like Smith, and BB wants that, BB could have gotten Smith himself and played him instead......

Who's fault is it if Brady doesn't conform to the game plan? Who should be holding him accountable?

The gameplan is always evolving as the game goes. Our offense can play any way. In drive adjustments, awareness, etc, is on McDaniels and Brady.

Halftime adjustments on BB.

Gameplans are all 3 of them, but BB does not tell Brady to rear back and toss INTs on 1st downs in 4th qtrs either.

You can get angry at me all day long, but it doesn't change the facts.

Right now, or in recent postseasons, SMith has managed games better than the supposed GOAT. I pointed this out, it's happening again and now I am being attacked.

Well, looks like ya lost.

Run the ball. Under Center.  Brady.

This is all about Brady in an easy, offensive era.  DRive the ball 5+ minutes if at all possible and score TDS as the main goal.

That's the goal. The goal isn't score fast or drive down the field fast and then crap yourself in the red zone. That is not the goal.

Note how Smith got everyone involved and doesn't play favorites. Do you see him staring down Dewayne Bowe all the time?

No.

Not angry Rusty, as always, I am amused by your talking in circles - so I will ask you straight up - at this time, right now - who is the better QB - Brady or Smith?

A one word answer please - Brady or Smith?

In the postseason or overall?

Brady or Smith?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

So if this fumble goes the colts way, I imagine some will be complaining that the chiefs should have been called for holding.  Someone had a handful of colts jersey and the ref was looking right at it.

Didn't see one single post to say otherwise. trying to deflect as usual i see. Pretty lame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

is rusty talking Alex Smith.... please. please. stop.

maybe BB should draft a guy like Jamal Charles for him and let the RB carry the offense for 2000 total yards it makes the QB's job a lot easier

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I guess we all missed it - we were too busy watching the Colts recover that fumble

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Look at the way Alex Smith runs that offense. I am jealous. My god.  Oh my.  It's just so simple.

Brady.

Knile Davis looks to be a beast, too. Nice body balance and lower center of gravity.

Come on, Rusty..  Brady is in no way as mobile as Smith.  To ask Brady to "watch and learn" is tantamount to asking Brady to have agility to run and make plays with his feet like Smith.  That is what you want him to learn?

That, in itself, plays a hand in the way they run their offense.  Smith looks like he manages better because he knows he has the nimble feet to make plays on HIS own.  If Smith had to rely on others to make a play when things break down for him, he may have just as many issues, as you indicate all the time, in avoiding "mistakes" as Brady when he tries to make a play downfield with a pass versus a run. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh yeah, smith really sucks today. Good one. Lets not try and bash rusty on his assessment of alex smith because he is 100% dead on, and I do wish we would take a page out of their book in terms of taking what the D gives you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

maybe BB should draft a guy like Jamal Charles for him and let the RB carry the offense for 2000 total yards it makes the QB's job a lot easier

Rusty is talking Smith.....so funny - Brady needs to take notes and lessons from Alex Smith - oh brother

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Field Goals do nothing,  TD's omly. Got to go 4 downs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Didn't see one single post to say otherwise. trying to deflect as usual i see. Pretty lame.

Chiefs holding? Naw

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

This is a thread about the wild card weekend teams and Rusty is ragging on Brady.  Go figure!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm still just astonished at the hype about Luck vs the reality.

Chiefs are getting sloppy. Luck can bring them back. Only a two score game now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

uh-oh. dolts back in the game

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Champ hates the coaching.  Rusty hates the QB.  Great fans we have here in New England.  Or Florida or North Carolina . . .

(At least those of us in Toronto appreciate both the coaching and the QB).

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Oh yeah, smith really sucks today. Good one. Lets not try and bash rusty on his assessment of alex smith because he is 100% desd on, and I do wish we would take a page out of their book in terms of taking what the D gives you.

Ok - same question to you then - who is the better QB today - Smith or Brady- one word answer please - Smith or Brady

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Brady.

Come on, Rusty..  Brady is in no way as mobile as Smith.  To ask Brady to "watch and learn" is tantamount to asking Brady to have agility to run and make plays with his feet like Smith.  That is what you want him to learn?

That, in itself, plays a hand in the way they run their offense.  Smith looks like he manages better because he knows he has the nimble feet to make plays on HIS own.  If Smith had to rely on others to make a play when things break down for him, he may have just as many issues, as you indicate all the time, in avoiding "mistakes" as Brady when he tries to make a play downfield with a pass versus a run. 

Agreed, ask smith to put the team on his back and deliver 4 come backs in the fashion Brady did this year and you're in trouble

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Colts ball. TD here and its a game again.

you think tha was a good call or a gift to the loser home team...?

Sections
Shortcuts