WILD CARD WEEKEND PREDICTIONS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

WILD CARD WEEKEND PREDICTIONS

Thank goodness that the Patriots avoided playing this weekend. With all the nicked up players that they have, earning a bye week was huge. After this weekend, we'll know who they'll be facing in the divisional round. Here are my "Wildcard Weekend" picks:

1.) (10-6) Cincinnati Bengals (+4.5) @ (12-4) Houston Texans:  Friends, Houston fans are beside themselves! They were looking forward to a #1 seeding, in which the path to the SB had to go through Houston. Had it happened, it would have been the first time any Houston sports team had claimed top billing in a playoff. But nay! The Texans have never recovered from the shellacking they took at the hands of the Patriots, several weeks ago. Since then, Houston went on to lose two of their next three games. They are in a tailspin. Head coach Gary Kubiak and QB Matt Schaub are both being lambasted by the Houston media. BUT, what to make of the Bengals? Last year in this round, Cincy failed to beat a T.J. Yates led Texan team in the play-offs last year, in Houston. The Bengals have a good, young defense, that can apply pressure to an opposing QB. The Texans are all about Arian Foster, and the running game. To win this game, the Bengals are going to have to jump out front, and force Matt Schaub to beat them. But, I have little confidence in their QB, Andy Dalton, to move his team in such a manner. Nor do I think that much of their head coach, Marvin Lewis. Over the years, he's managed to hang on to his job by a thread. That said, I don't like the way the Texans are playing: PICK: Bengals;

2.) (10-6) Minnesota Vikings (+8) @ (11-5) Green Bay Packers: How much tread does Adrian Peterson have left on his tires...after 348 rushing attempts, for 2097 yards? In last weeks' win against the Packers, Peterson carried 34 times, for 199 yards. The guy has got to be nicked up, and worn! Though QB Christian Ponder has developed into a decent game manager, he'll never be confused with RG III. I credit Minnesota for winning their last 4 games to get into the play-offs...but don't see their run going any further than Lambeau Field. BUT, this is not to imply that the Green Bay Packers are world-beaters. There are issues on their OL, particularly at LT. So, Aaron Rogers is not getting as much time to slice and dice defenses, the way he once did. The Packers have no running game to speak of, and PK Mason Crosby has been shaky. On defense, other than Clay Matthews, what do the Packers really have? Yes, Green Bay can score...and score they'll have to, to win this game: PICK: Packers;

3.) (11-5) Indianapolis Colts (+6.5) @ (10-6) Baltimore Ravens: Thanks again to the Indianapolis Colts, for helping to secure a playoff bye for our Boys in Blue. Indy has been playing on emotions for much of the season. Health permitting, Andrew Luck is going to be a pro-bowl caliber QB for the next decade. Nonetheless, Luck is a rookie, whose had some difficulties this season, especially on the road. Again a veteran, battle-tested crew like the Buzzards, Indy's season will end. Look for QB Joe Flacco and RB Ray Rice to lead the way: PICK: Ravens;

4.) (11-5) Seattle Seahawks @ (10-6) Washington Redskins (+3): The best match-up of the wild-card round. It's wonder rookies Russell Wilson, vs. RG III. Wilson looks like the second coming of Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton, the way he can extend plays with his scrambling abilities. Like many, I was a skeptic on this 5'11" (on a good day) rookie QB. But, he's made a believer out of me. More importantly, his team believes in him. Wilson tied Peyton Manning's record for most TD passes by a rookie in a season, with 26...while throwing just 10 interceptions. He also rushed for nearly 500 yards. He should have time to wheel and deal against Washington's defense...as injuries have taken away the 'Skins top two pass-rushers, Brian Orakpo, and Ryan Kerrigan. In addition, Wilson has a running game, spear-headed by rejuvinated RB, Marshawn Lynch. Lynch carried over 300 times this season, gaining 1590 yards...averaging 5 yards per carry. Defensively, the Seahawks are 10th in run defense, and 6th against the pass. Overall, the Seahawks may be the most well-balanced team in the NFL. AS for the 'Skins, there's the wonder of RG III. Griffin rushed for 815 yards, and threw 20 TD passes...with just 5 picks. He too has a striong running game to rely on, led by RB Alfred Morris. Morris rushed for 1613 yards, and scored 13 TDs. On defense, Washington is 5th overall against the run, but 30th overall against the pass: PICK: Seahawks.

Your comments and playoff predictions are welcome.        

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: WILD CARD WEEKEND PREDICTIONS

These were my picks too in another thread, so I agree (ignoring spread and just saying who will win).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i root with heart,

got indy, cincy leading to cincy over denver and coming here (home afc champ game!)

wish rg3 were healthy, what a game that would  be.

seattle over wash as they can beatg sf, which is what i want in next round

minn over gb rooting for them to make it to sb (long shot)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I like the Vikings and Colts with the points, in fact I like all the underdogs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Colts and Vikings will win. second year in a row Pack go home packing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Colts and Vikings will win. second year in a row Pack go home packing

[/QUOTE]

ap takes the most dangerous offense out. woudl lvoe to see it. 

be very exciting

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Bengals are playing very well. I also see the Colts as the Ravens are not playing well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Of the teams playing this weekend, I believe the Ravens are the ripest for an upset.  Houston is going to try and prove they are a legit contender after a lack luster close to the regular season.  Green Bay will not let the Vikings get away this time and Seattle has proven vulnerable on the road.  It would be great to see the "new" Colts go into Denver and defeat the "old" Colts, so as to speak!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Bengals are playing very well. I also see the Colts as the Ravens are not playing well.

[/QUOTE]

The Bengals could pull the upset. They've won 7 of their last 8 games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

My winners are the Bengals, Packers, Colts, and Seahawks. Good weekend for the road teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Texans

Packers

Ravens

Seahawks

I want the Texans to win a close one against Cincy and then bring the Texans to NE!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Wizardsjag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My winners are the Bengals, Packers, Colts, and Seahawks. Good weekend for the road teams.

[/QUOTE]

got same but rooting for minn upset of gb, 2 weeks in a row would be a statement!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texans

Packers

Ravens

Seahawks

I want the Texans to win a close one against Cincy and then bring the Texans to NE!!!

[/QUOTE]

tfb12, you do know that an indy win brings indy to us, cincy having 2 wins brings them to us for the afc crown

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Bengals vs Texans: The Bengels win if they can take away the Texans stretch play and hit a couple of deep balls against a suspect Texans secondary. The Texans win if they can effectively run thier stretch plays with Foster getting to the second level. Then find away to keep Green off thier safties. Might be the best game of the weekend. Pick; Texans

Colts vs Ravens: The new home team, should beat the old home team. Ed Reed vs a rookie QB = turnovers. This is a game I'd love to be in the stands for with so many subplots. Wonder how many Unitas #19 jerseys will be in the stands. Pick; Ravens

Seahawks vs Redskins: The Hawks are on a roll and are the only road team favored to win...That said, in a battle of Rookie QB's. I'll take the one that gets to sleep in his own bed...Pick; Redskins

Vikings vs Packers: Doubt either teams scores 30 points, which give the Vikes a fighting chance in Lambeau. Something about this game sets up nicely for an upset call me crazy Pick; Vikings (let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!)...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bengals,Colts,Green Bay and Seattle will advance

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

double post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Triple post. 

D'oh

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought that settle was hosting a game.  Well bone head me.   i think all the home teams win except the redskins. Gb the ravens packers and Seattle 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When I first did my predictions, I had mistakenly thought that last years' Cincinnati/Houston playoff game, won by Houston, was played in Cincinnati. It was played in Houston, where rookie QB TJ Yates led the Texans to a last minute win. Though I don't think much of Bengals' QB Andy Dalton, I see this as a close game...which Cincy can win. So, I've changed my pick to Cincinnati, plus 4.5, over Houston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

GB is most likely the easiest pick to take here

Ravens D is falling apart like I've never seen. They couldn't stop Cinn or well anyone in the last 1/4 of the season. With question marks on who will even start at QB they can't and won't win close games. The Colts are going to take this one

Sea and Was is a tough one. Just because Sea has the D and I think RGIII could be snapped in two with a couple of hits I'm going with Sea

Bengals and Hou is the toughest game to call honestly. Esp the way Hou has played lately it's really hard to call but I just can't see the Bungals come into Hou and dominant a game. It will be close but I think Hou makes it to the next rounds.

Besides don't you think the NFL wants a Luck vs Manning game? I know I want to see that, it's the best shot at the AFCCG being in Gillette. If Cinn or Bal walking in Den it will be an easy coast to victory for Den but I think the Colts can make it a game the way their D has been playing lately

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GB is most likely the easiest pick to take here

RESPONSE: Actually, I see the Indy @ Baltimore game as the "easiest" pick. GB is giving up 8 points. Still, I expect them to cover. Adrian Peterson has to be gassed.

Ravens D is falling apart like I've never seen. They couldn't stop Cinn or well anyone in the last 1/4 of the season. With question marks on who will even start at QB they can't and won't win close games. The Colts are going to take this one

RESPONSE: Maybe so. But, Indy's defense is worse. Question marks on who the Ravens will start at QB? Since when?

Sea and Was is a tough one. Just because Sea has the D and I think RGIII could be snapped in two with a couple of hits I'm going with Sea

RESPONSE: I too like Seattle. This one should be fun to watch.

Bengals and Hou is the toughest game to call honestly. Esp the way Hou has played lately it's really hard to call but I just can't see the Bungals come into Hou and dominant a game. It will be close but I think Hou makes it to the next rounds.

RESPONSE: Perhaps so. But, the way the Texans have been platying of late, I like the Bengals, +4.5.

Besides don't you think the NFL wants a Luck vs Manning game? I know I want to see that, it's the best shot at the AFCCG being in Gillette. If Cinn or Bal walking in Den it will be an easy coast to victory for Den but I think the Colts can make it a game the way their D has been playing lately

RESPONSE: The league would be more thrilled to see Tom Brady v. Peyton Manning in the AFC title game...and Brady or Manning v. Aaron Rodgers, in the SB.

[/QUOTE]

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texans

Packers

Ravens

Seahawks

[/QUOTE]

tfb12, you do know that an indy win brings indy to us, cincy having 2 wins brings them to us for the afc crown

[/QUOTE]

Bredbru, If the Texans win we get them and the Dolts or Ravens go to Denver.  We would need the Bangles to win for us to get the Dolts or Ravens.  Texans are the 3 seed we get the highest seed left since Denver is the 1 seed.

That being said I'd like to see the Texans again and see Luck Play Seyton in Denver.  As much fun a Manning Brady match-up would be I'd rather have the Home Field against the Dolts or Ravens.  I have no delusion that Ciny could beat the Broncos in Denver.