Wildcat Option

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

Wildcat Option

[QUOTE]Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said he's gaining confidence in Ronnie Brown's ability to throw the ball out of the Wildcat.
    This is the next step in the evolution of the Wildcat, as Brown must be able to throw out of it in order to keep the secondary honest. Sparano said Brown has been working on throwing regularly. Even if Brown doesn't complete passes, it will help his running game.[/QUOTE]

This to me would be foolish to say if you actually planned on using Brown to pass.  This actually looks like an attempt to make the Patriots prepare for it to keep them stacking the box against the wildcat. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Wildcat Option

With two weeks and tons of film I'm sure BB has them prepared for these situations. I'm sure glad we don't have to worry about a RB's ability to throw the ball just because we don't have a QB who can.
    Nothing against the cat because I do think it's a clever way to move the ball on occasion but they came up with this out of desperation. Can you imagine what the fins record would be in a conventional set offense?

I say good luck with it. I'm sure they'll look at film from the first game last year and prey that'll work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Wildcat Option:
    [QUOTE]This to me would be foolish to say if you actually planned on using Brown to pass.  This actually looks like an attempt to make the Patriots prepare for it to keep them stacking the box against the wildcat. 
    Posted by Nooyorkachusettes[/QUOTE]

He's most likely lying if he's smart. I'd love to see Brown throw it a dozen times Sunday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

The Fins are going to have to add wrinkle to the cat against bb.  Armando had an article in the herald about possiby getting Pat White or Tyler Thigpen involved with the cat because they can run it and throw.  I think you might see Thigy as the new wrinkle.  Last year, with the Chiefs, he ran the cat very well and even made some big plays against the Fins--and no other team has ran it well against the fins, who practice against it all the time and know how to defend it.  I think if you see the cat, you are going to see some thigy throws out of it.

However, the cat is a small part of the offense.  Don't be surpirsed if you see very little of it. 

The one thing I guarantee that you will you see is that formation the Jets used against Miami with 9 blockers and 1 back and the qb under center.  With Miami's strong line and the problems the pats have up front, that foramtion can get some yards in 2 and short or 3rd and short situations.  That's a formation for Ricky to barrel into the line and punsih a suspect d line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Wildcat Option:
    [QUOTE]The Fins are going to have to add wrinkle to the cat against bb.  Armando had an article in the herald about possiby getting Pat White or Tyler Thigpen involved with the cat because they can run it and throw.  I think you might see Thigy as the new wrinkle.  Last year, with the Chiefs, he ran the cat very well and even made some big plays against the Fins--and no other team has ran it well against the fins, who practice against it all the time and know how to defend it.  I think if you see the cat, you are going to see some thigy throws out of it. However, the cat is a small part of the offense.  Don't be surpirsed if you see very little of it.  The one thing I guarantee that you will you see is that formation the Jets used against Miami with 9 blockers and 1 back and the qb under center.  With Miami's strong line and the problems the pats have up front, that foramtion can get some yards in 2 and short or 3rd and short situations.  That's a formation for Ricky to barrel into the line and punsih a suspect d line.
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

You should start a career in comedy. The Chiefs? The Jets? Yup those are perenial winners you got there. Last time I checked the Jets had a better record than you. Your problem is you've got a man's schedule this season instead of the losers schedule you had last season. Keep up the good work and you can get that loser's schedule again next season so you can brag about beating the Chiefs and Raiders

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wildcat Option : You should start a career in comedy. The Chiefs? The Jets? Yup those are perenial winners you got there. Last time I checked the Jets had a better record than you. Your problem is you've got a man's schedule this season instead of the losers schedule you had last season. Keep up the good work and you can get that loser's schedule again next season so you can brag about beating the Chiefs and Raiders
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your brillaint, well reasoned response.  I am sure when Jon Gruden goes back into coaching you will be first in line to replace him on Monday Night Football.  Say hello to the wizard of oz for me and treasure that brain he gave you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wildcat Option : Congrats on your brillaint, well reasoned response.  I am sure when Jon Gruden goes back into coaching you will be first in line to replace him on Monday Night Football.  Say hello to the wizard of oz for me and treasure that brain he gave you.
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

Aw does the truth hurt? Did that 2nd game last season not happen? Did you beat the Colts and Saints? Go back to delusionland where you belong.