Wilfork #81 - REALLY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmoney. Show gmoney's posts

Wilfork #81 - REALLY?

The fact that Vince had his best season yet dropped from #35 after 2010 season to #81 after the 2011 season shows just how rediculous this idiotic "Best Players of 2012" series on NFL network is.  With that logic, Brady will go from #1 to out of the top 10 with someone like Cam Newton in front of him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Wilfork #81 - REALLY?

In Response to Wilfork #81 - REALLY?:
    The fact that Vince had his best season yet dropped from #35 after 2010 season to #81 after the 2011 season shows just how rediculous this idiotic "Best Players of 2012" series on NFL network is.  With that logic, Brady will go from #1 to out of the top 10 with someone like Cam Newton in front of him.
    Posted by gmoney

In the aftermath of last years AFC title game, I doubt that the Baltimore Ravens and their fans would agree with this relatively low ranking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Wilfork #81 - REALLY?:
    Posted by gmoney

first off, the top 100 is determined by players. i dont know how they select the players to be polled. when i saw vince's drop in a year i thought he was better than ever (maybe he should be in the top 25-30), my first theory is the rookies coming in the league moved him down by not appreciating or seeing enough of his game last season. my theory being, guys who ranked him 35, wouldnt drop him after how he played last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork #81 - REALLY?:
    In Response to Wilfork #81 - REALLY? :      In the aftermath of last years AFC title game, I doubt that the Baltimore Ravens and their fans would agree with this relatively low ranking.
    Posted by TexasPat

+1
    unless they are just bitter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tim Tebow made the top 100, this list is irrelevant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

i do not agree. he took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and beat pittsburgh.
    if he didnt play that season, they win 25% of their games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork #81 - REALLY? : i do not agree. he took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and beat pittsburgh. if he didnt play that season, they win 25% of their games.
    Posted by bredbru

Lets examine that for a second. In those games leading up to the playoffs how many games did Tebow actually win verses say his kicker or the D?

I would saw Tebow had less to do with the winning then his D or even his kicker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Not hard to figure out.  The players do not get to see every other player play every week and alot of this is based on team records and expectations.  That makes sense when you look at all 3 you just mentioned:

-Romo -- team was 8-8, completely underperformed expectations.  QB gets most of blame when team underperforms

Tebow -- Exact opposite of Romo.  Team overacheives and QB gets most of credit.

Wilfork  -- Team was 31st ranked defense.  Historically bad.  Sorry your gonna take a hit when that happens.  Amazed anyone on the Pats D even made the top 100.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Wilfork ranked at 81 is a testament to how the Pats defense overall was viewed last year.  That being a joke.  He did manage to have some standout plays though and was our best defender, which is why he made the top 100 at all. 

As for Tebow, it all comes down to perception with him.  He stinks up the field 90% of the time, but that other 10% he works miracles and looks like the second coming of Jesus.  I personally think he's hugely overhyped, but I have to admit the guy managed to pull some things off that very few people in the NFL could. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork #81 - REALLY? : i do not agree. he took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and beat pittsburgh. if he didnt play that season, they win 25% of their games.
    Posted by bredbru

He's a backup QB.

Backup.

QB.

There are some VERY p i s s e d off STARTING QBs around the league to see that nonsense. What a joke, and an insult.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I am curious to see how Brady ends up ranked up against Eli and Rodgers. Also wonder if both Gronk and Hern will make the list.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Wilfork #81 - REALLY? : Lets examine that for a second. In those games leading up to the playoffs how many games did Tebow actually win verses say his kicker or the D? I would saw Tebow had less to do with the winning then his D or even his kicker.
    Posted by PatsEng

eng, you have palyed football right?
    the defense was bad! before tebow got on the field. 5 games. suddenly they are better. down to a player last year they say, and their performance shows, they are all playing better because of tebow. there are players in every sport who just make every teammate around them better because of their competitive energy and charisma (or enrergy if you dont like that word). magic, jordan, bird, messier, gretsky, and on.  the broncos wins last year required everyone on the teams effort. again, without tebow that team was going to win  4 or 5 games. with him they overperformed. i am not the only one (i have read and heard analysts say the bronocs will be even better next year (that was before they got manning and tebow traded.
        dont like him or his lack of passing efficiancy if you will. dude was a winner last year and made his team a winner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Your post sums it up nothing more needs to be said-a joke for sure-Tebow couldn't hold Big Vinces jock strap and I believe Vince would make a better QB!In Response to Re: Wilfork #81 - REALLY?:
    Posted by 49Patriots

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I never get why people get so upset over power polls, ranking, pro bowls/all star games, the draft thread and such.

They are purely subjective popularity contests with absolutely zero science being used to calculate the outcome or what those of us in the business call an "over the top backwards Asian flip-flop".

Sections
Shortcuts