Wilfork and/or Kelly Injury News?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Wilfork and/or Kelly Injury News?

I thought Vince had a tough game. I also think he and Kelly need this rest. They cant keep up this pace, and Vellano is a pretty significant drop off. I have to assume that DT reinforcements are coming? Cunningham? Francis?

I also thought Spikes had a poor game...

Of course, a lot of the above could be because of Mangold

Ducasse surprised me...he can be beat with a speed move, but he is fairly effective in straight ahead run blocking...I thought he and Mangold had better game than Connolly and Wendell...Jets did a good job clogging up the middle, and getting middle push on TB...

We have to assume we have yet to see our OL play their best...lets hope its rust and rehab with Connolly...I thought he had 2 poor games, and feel Cannon is really nipping at his heels at more snaps than he. After 2 games (granted, very early) I also take a wait and see on signing Wendell early, unless he takes a very friendly deal...if he wants top 5 C money, I wait and see. I hve been pining fo a bigger C for a few years now.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Don't give me this "no, no, no" crap. Ducasse sucks, is a bust and I want to see a healthier Wilfork and Kelly for us.

There is no "us".  The Pats are a football team.  You don't play for them or work for them.  It's "them".

But, back to the point:  You tried to pass off fake injury news to explain why the D you so covet wasn't at it's best.

How do you say it?  "Exposed as a fraud".

You're just a liar.  And you're busted.

So eat it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

They're battling something that normally play through which is obviously affecting their normal impact. If you can't see that, then you're blind as a bat.  Then again, the rube who started this thread isn't very bright and is new to following our team.

Not every guy who is battling something goes on an injury report.  A nagging injury can be many things.

How am I presenting my opinion as fact? 

Why on earth would you constantly be subbing Vellano in and out for each all night long when we can't score points on offense? Vellano has looked good so far, but I would prefer our two starters yu know, actually pay a normal level of snaps at the start of a season?

Connolly is also coming off an injury and didn't look good. Our run game was affected by his sub par run blocking, too.

Did you not see Cannon moved in and out?

What games do you people watch? It's fascinating sometimes with you acting all confused.

At one point Cannon was at LT!

Yes, IMO, the lines are seeing players who are bit dinged up.  

Assumption backed by no hard data. This is your opinion and you have the right to it,but it goes co contrary to the injury report or anything on these guys pre game. 

Could it be that ducasse is actually pretty good, and that being a large maN, is going to give Vince and Kelly a hard time?

in other news....we only have 3 wide bodies. Vellano is subbed in so much to give Kelly and Vince a breather or two...because our offense was something like 20% conversion on 3rd downs last night. Bb has to manage Vince and Kelly's snap count. Anyone can see this? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Both over 30 on a team with no depth at DT, why burn them out in the first half of the season? Rotate them until December.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Okay.

So, "IF" they aren't injured, why is Rusty telling everyone they are?

Is your only pur4pose here to STALK Rusty?  Do we really need another diatribe about "Rusty the Liar"?   Just go back to the Bruins board you don't really know that much about football...

[/QUOTE]

Again, he doesn't know about hockey either which is my comments over there bother him.

He thinks all officiating is superb in the NHL and that Jagr was an equal fit at the trade deadline as oppose to Iginla. lmao

One of the biggest morons on a board I've ever seen. So, me throttling him over there about Jacobs or how JAgr likley cost us the CUp, bothers him, which is why he now stalks me here.

Ever notice the ones who do stalk me like NAS, Bustchise or TFB12, they all were absolutely embarrassed in multiple debates at one time or another.

They can't let it go.

[/QUOTE]

I've seen it..it's sad!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Both over 30 on a team with no depth at DT, why burn them out in the first half of the season? Rotate them until December.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

Exactly.  It would actually be nice if they had a 4th DT to rotate as well.

A lot of fighting over semantics. If Rusty had said "sure looks like" instead of "clearly" would that be better?

People talk like that all the time. His comment was tied to his observations from the game and there is a certain logic to wondering why the starters may be on the field less although I think it's likely a more strategic decision as stated by 49Patriots.

If someone speculates that a player might be hurt, which most sports fans do from time to time and it turns out there's another explanantion, what difference does it make?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

They aren't injured. Coming off a short week against a physical, run-oriented Buffalo squad, only to face a physical Jets team, with Mangold and Ducasse in the middle of their o-line -- it's entirely expected that Wilfork and Kelly would be a bit worn down and gassed.

Neither had great games, but that's no indication that there's a problem there. They were worn down, plain and simple. They'll be fine. 

Let's go Pats!

^^This. Agree 100%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm not too concerned about the number of snaps.  BB prefers to rotate his D linemen a lot.  Last year was a bit of an abberation, with Wilfork playing so many snaps, but BB would probably like to give each of the starters a series or two off every half.   

I'm actually pleased to see Vellano being rotated in as much as he is.  Think it bodes well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A lot of fighting over semantics. If Rusty had said "sure looks like" instead of "clearly" would that be better?

People talk like that all the time. His comment was tied to his observations from the game and there is a certain logic to wondering why the starters may be on the field less although I think it's likely a more strategic decision as stated by 49Patriots.

If someone speculates that a player might be hurt, which most sports fans do from time to time and it turns out there's another explanantion, what difference does it make?

Thank you.  NAS is a troll who likes to reach to start fights and stalk me here.

The mods let him troll.  Ironic he starst a "troll refresher " thread on the Bruins board and bumps it to remind his tool buddies over there who the trolls are.

Cannot be made up.

He's a hypocrite.

[/QUOTE]

You say it cannot be made up, yet you made it up.  You are a liar.  Here is the proof.

Admit you're a liar, Rusty.  View the proof and admit you are a liar.  It's here for all to see.  You said I started that thread.  Here it is.  Is that a thread that I started?

SEE THE TRUTH HERE

You are just a Jets troll trying to discredit a true New England Patriots fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They're battling something that normally play through which is obviously affecting their normal impact. If you can't see that, then you're blind as a bat.  Then again, the rube who started this thread isn't very bright and is new to following our team.

Not every guy who is battling something goes on an injury report.  A nagging injury can be many things.

How am I presenting my opinion as fact? 

Why on earth would you constantly be subbing Vellano in and out for each all night long when we can't score points on offense? Vellano has looked good so far, but I would prefer our two starters yu know, actually pay a normal level of snaps at the start of a season?

Connolly is also coming off an injury and didn't look good. Our run game was affected by his sub par run blocking, too.

Did you not see Cannon moved in and out?

What games do you people watch? It's fascinating sometimes with you acting all confused.

At one point Cannon was at LT!

Yes, IMO, the lines are seeing players who are bit dinged up.  

Assumption backed by no hard data. This is your opinion and you have the right to it,but it goes co contrary to the injury report or anything on these guys pre game. 

Could it be that ducasse is actually pretty good, and that being a large maN, is going to give Vince and Kelly a hard time?

in other news....we only have 3 wide bodies. Vellano is subbed in so much to give Kelly and Vince a breather or two...because our offense was something like 20% conversion on 3rd downs last night. Bb has to manage Vince and Kelly's snap count. Anyone can see this? 

[/QUOTE]

That's fine.

These boards are for discussion not to tell me what to say or how I can say it, following me around, etc.

Did I say it was confirmed as a fact that Kelly and Wilfork are hurt? NO.

Yes, it as an ssumption or educated guess. I am not on trial here and I don't get paid as a journalist, so you, NAS and whoever else that likes to belligerent, can get off your little game up on the high horse you all like to play here just to argue.

You're ruining the board.

Enabling trolls like NAS or anyone else who aligns with him makes you a troll.

Why did Kelly disappear for a huge chunk of the Game in Buffalo on Sunday? That was not part of a "rotation" whatsoever.  

Why can't I ask ior wonder it might be something Kelly is battling through and just being used less then a normal starter would?

They also didn't practice all week on a short week which is the first time I've seen that from a BB coached team on a short week like this.

Thanksgiving in 2002, 2010 and 2012, all had at  least one practice.

Why on earth would you pull your two starters off the field at the rate when they didn't practice all week and your run D wasn't doing all that well?   Managing snaps?

How about we wait for a blowout game for that?  Who "manages snaps" in Week 2?  Kelly and Vince need to get a rapport going, not being swapped on and enough. I think Kelly got dinged up in Buffalo which is why he disappeared for a while. Yes.

Maybe not Wilfork, but I have to say, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. He was completely invisible all night even single blocked.

Very odd for him. He's usually the guy who is doubled, too. Not last night.  

[/QUOTE]

See, I knew you could do it! 

You stated an opinion based on what you saw and didn't pass it off as fact Like you typically do.

you manage snaps all year when you have 2 big guys who are over 30 and no real depth. If they both went full tilt every game, we wouldn't have a dline by week 10. I think bb is being smart and cautious here. 

You can ask whatever you want and say whatever you want but if you are going to pass things off as fact, slam people in the process, don't be surprised if you get called out from time to time. 

Hows your parrot doing? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"The mods let him troll.  Ironic he starst a "troll refresher " thread on the Bruins board and bumps it to remind his tool buddies over there who the trolls are.

Cannot be made up.

He's a hypocrite."

-----

You say it cannot be made up, yet you made it up.  You are a liar.  Here is the proof.

Admit you're a liar, Rusty.  View the proof and admit you are a liar.  It's here for all to see.  You said I started that thread.  Here it is.  Is that a thread that I started?

SEE THE TRUTH HERE

You are just a Jets troll trying to discredit a true New England Patriots fan.

Rusty, you cannot ignore this.

Admit you are a liar.  It's right here for all to see.

Come on. Be an adult caught red handed. 

You are a stone cold liar.  Everyone knows it.  Here's the proof.

Admit it and we can move on.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Rusty is claiming that Wilfork and Kelly are injured.

"Ducasse in year 3 "looks like the real deal" because Vince and Kelly are battling nagging injuries?"

I cannot find anything that says either are injured.  My guess is that he's going to say it over and over until it becomes accepted as fact, in an effort to cover up for his beloved defense.  Knowing there's a possibility that I'm wrong, but a greatest possibility that he's lying AGAIN, I'm asking for some info here.

Does anyone have any information at all that says either of these players are injured?

Thanks.

Tommy Kelly did come off the field and the medical staff came over to him when he reached the sideline.  They did examine his leg and they pulled out a device that looked like a rod (rolling pin of sorts) and did something to his leg, I think.  At the time, I thought possible leg cramps but he went back into the game several plays later.  I did not notice any limp which made me feel better about him coming over to the medical staff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Big Vince was on the NFL network last night, looked great to me.  Nobody asked or implied that he might be a tad dinged up.  Have not heard, read or seen any mention of any type of injury to either one.

I see a slew of deleted posts in this thread. Was Rusty banned again??

LOL!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Well, to be completely honest with you, I agree with Rusty that Big Vince and Tommy Kelly have been dang near invisble thru the first two games. Certainly not having the impact I expected. Buffalo game was ok but the Jets game wasn't. Dont hink they are injured, maybe still elarning to play with each other (ok that didn't sound right!) lol

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Julian Edelman,, good WR, 3rd QB, saves a roster spot, emergency DB, all time leader in punt return average in NFL history was a 7th rd pick.

See how easy this is?

LMAO

Bludgeoned to the moon and back.

Hahahaha, I can't believe Rusty is still on this kick about Edelman being the 3rd QB, saving a roster spot.  Edelman wasn't a very good QB to begin with.  Second, he was more of a running QB, he never ran anything like the Pats offense.  He has not played QB in how long??? LOL.

Edelman was a joke at CB.  Why would you even use that as part of any argument?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I see a slew of deleted posts in this thread. Was Rusty banned again??

LOL!!!

Looks that way, and I hope so.  Hope he is gone for a long time. 

Sections
Shortcuts