Wilfork asks for Release from Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Wilfork asks for Release from Pats

@AlbertBreer 1m

Big news RT @RapSheet #Patriots DT Vince Wilfork has asked that the team release him after 10 seasons in New England, according to sources.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Wilfork asks for Release from Pats

No way The Patriots release him until the end of Camp! Or they have his replacement. He's just mad the Patriots paid Revis more than he gets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow.  Loyalty out the door, huh?  He still wants his money, I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter   1m

Vince Wilfork asked Patriots for his release, per @RapSheet. Wilfork made it clear to Patriots in recent weeks he will not restructure deal.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet   1m

No recent talks between Vince Wilfork & the #Patriots about his contract. They approached him once about a restructure, a non-starter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to GrantW's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@AlbertBreer 1m

Big news RT @RapSheet #Patriots DT Vince Wilfork has asked that the team release him after 10 seasons in New England, according to sources.

[/QUOTE]

good riddance then vince. his play had fallen off a bit last year anyhow,a nd hes now coming off a serious injury at 33... love what hes done here, but cut him and save the 8 plus mil against the cap.
     if fully healthy, hes worth in the 4-6mil a year range. go draft a DT in rd 1 then or go sign a cheap DT in free agency. id say draft a DT in rd 1, a te/de in rd 2, a te/de in rd 3

and then add a vet de and a vet wr in FA and be done with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He asked for what the Pats should do anyway? Make it so, depending on the timing vs bonuses of course.

Looks like the to be 34 yo fat guy coming off a nasty injury is living in a dream world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Will be sad to see him go if he is released...this makes DT the #1 need in the draft IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wow indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am surprised by this.  I thought he wanted to stay here.  A sad day for Patriots nation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

B.J. Raji? He was were close to a deal with the Packers but has not signed. So?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

He's listening to his wife--she's giving him bad advice.  He did this before and it worked, won't happen this time.  Maybe the Broncos will pick him up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Clear the space are kidding this isn't that difficult . What are they waiting for. You can get 2 productive players off F/A.. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

adjust...we always do.........Can't say the Pats didn't want to keep him. He just wants more than they are willing to spend...How many Millions you need? Especially coming off that type of injury. Big letdown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

No tight end for the first round of the draft.  Drafting Stephon Tuitt, the defensive lineman from Notre Dame will be the smart pick.

Best of luck to Vince if this ends up happening.  I'll miss this guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did they show him loyality when they hard balled him for his contract? As I said BB burnt his negotiation bridges the way he hard nosed his approach to signing them. If you make them fight for every single last dime, why do you expect them to freely give them up?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will be sad to see him go if he is released...this makes DT the #1 need in the draft IMO.

[/QUOTE]

DT was always the #1 need

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He asked for what the Pats should do anyway? Make it so, depending on the timing vs bonuses of course.

Looks like the to be 34 yo fat guy coming off a nasty injury is living in a dream world.

[/QUOTE]

Who are you with these reasonable comments ????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

We really should just release him anyway.  Vince has been a great patriot for a long time, but we definitely need to get younger at defensive tackle.  Take the emotion out of it and make the best decision for the team.  Nobody does this better than Belicheck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I fully expect the Pats to draft a DT, but are there any DT's still in FA that could potentially be an upgrade (or at least a decent stop-gap replacement)?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a pats fan seeking loyalty from players of a team that doesn't demonstrate it themselves? 

I am looking for a word to describe this.  Can anyone help me?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

B.J. Raji? He was were close to a deal with the Packers but has not signed. So?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Raji has anything left in the tank.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did they show him loyality when they hard balled him for his contract? As I said BB burnt his negotiation bridges the way he hard nosed his approach to signing them. If you make them fight for every single last dime, why do you expect them to freely give them up?

[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with this.  Loyalty works both ways in a sense.  Vince earned every penny of his contract but now may be the right time to move on and draft his replacement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, will he be able to play again especially he had an Achilles tendon injury last year?  With that 300 pounds weight on him isnt going to be easy on his ankle for this coming season.

Since I never like letting go homegrown players who is a star of the team, but since I may know that he may not be the same player he was in the past many years.  

If he want to be release instead taking a paycut, then let him go.  Do not know how much the Pats will save money for the cap room.

Pats can always sign someone else younger and better!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yawn. That's 9 million to play with, resign Siliga, Bill.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

By not having him last year they got to see exactly what type of player they need to shore up the middle of that D..............unfortunately that player doesn't look like this......