Wilfork asks for Release from Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Wilfork asks for Release from Pats

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

He's listening to his wife--she's giving him bad advice.  He did this before and it worked, won't happen this time.  Maybe the Broncos will pick him up.

You wouldn't be the first person to point out his wife calls the shots.

That seems to consensus in my circle at work. 

Seems to be pretty well known. Interesting the media doesn't touch the subject.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How many here really thought VW would ask for an outright release from the Pats?

I believe most of the sentiment here was he would restructure given how he and his family really like it in Boston and have made a great impact to the locals with their charity work and other things.

Money talks a lot louder, doesn't it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

He's listening to his wife--she's giving him bad advice.  He did this before and it worked, won't happen this time.  Maybe the Broncos will pick him up.

She wants the money.  Clothes are expensive and it is COLD in New England!

To be fair, Vince isn't the first man to fall victim to a more feminine persuasion.

LOL.. "which" persuasion is that?  (-;

Women usually have a tight, warm, wet grip on senses. =D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

If this is serious let him go with the fans thanks for a nice career, but if a replacement is being looked at,  make sure the are mobile and able to provide inside pressure which is something he hasn't done since exceeding 350 lbs.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

To be fair, Vince isn't the first man to fall victim to a more feminine persuasion.

Leverage, too!  (-;  "Show me the money or I won't show you the honey pot!"  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If Vince was on any other team in the NFL how many of those teams would have asked him, or told him, to re-work his deal?

All of them?

It is what it is Vince, don't be stupid, you will play longer and make more money here, albeit restrutured.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Wow.  Tough blow.  I really wanted to see him finish his career here, and was hoping we could either do an extension, or have him come back and continue to play his butt off for the remainder of his current.  Guess he saw even asking him an insult, and would rather go elsewhere. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He asked for what the Pats should do anyway? Make it so, depending on the timing vs bonuses of course.

Looks like the to be 34 yo fat guy coming off a nasty injury is living in a dream world.

Who are you with these reasonable comments ????

Reasonable is my middle name.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Fat bastar.d smh 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Leverage, too!  (-;  "Show me the money or I won't show you the honey pot!"  LOL

Good thing I'm not married, lots of honeycombs for me to dip into.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

No one will pay this man 7.6 million or more coming off a torn achilles. Every smart (winning) team will low ball him because of the injury. For once the Patriots are being pretty fair and the player is being ridiculous. I mean even if a team gives him a 1 year "prove you're healthy" contract what happens after that...no one is going to sign a 35 year old 300lb DT to a big contract it just don't happen!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I can't help but wonder what Pro Sports Salaries will be 10 years from now.   I understand that they will be whatever the market will bare.  However, is there a limit as to how high they can go?  These contracts are looking like the way Real Estate did just a few short years ago.  Remember when there appeared to be no limit as to high prices could go? 

We as fans are paying these salaries in the cost of ticket prices and related items. And fans and non-fans alike are paying these salaries in the cost of everything we buy in Pro Sports Television Advertising Revenue.  Don't get me wrong.  If I could get that kind of money, I would take it in a heartbeat. 

But how much is enough?  10 Years from now will some of these players sign Billion Dollar contracts, or will there eventually be some sort of a ceiling? 

Just thinking out loud.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow....Big Vince is P*ssed!!  I bet his rehab is going well and his mind, he is still able to return to form. I am not mad at him. He is a loyal dude. Probably mad they signed Revis? and also BB may have Milloyed him. Forcing his release to create space for a more attractive option. Vince did play a while at a high level on his rookie contract so I can understand why he doesnt feel the need to give it back but he may find it hard to get that scratch eslewhere at his age , although I wish him the best. Ive seen this before and it ended in championship then so Im not complaining. Do whats Best for the TEAM ,BB!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

No way The Patriots release him until the end of Camp! Or they have his replacement. He's just mad the Patriots paid Revis more than he gets.

If Vince is not willing to restructure, knowing that his cap hit is over $11mil. this season, the Pats should send him packing.

They certainly could use him. But, he's a 32 year old DT coming off a serious injury. I'd hate to see him go. But, he needs to play ball now, or go play ball with a new team. Hopefully, John Elway will be out of money, and won't be able to add him on...LOL!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/vince-wilfork-wants-out-of-new-england/ 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I can't help but wonder what Pro Sports Salaries will be 10 years from now.   I understand that they will be whatever the market will bare.  However, is there a limit as to how high they can go?  These contracts are looking like the way Real Estate did just a few short years ago.  Remember when there appeared to be no limit as to high prices could go? 

We as fans are paying these salaries in the cost of ticket prices and related items. And fans and non-fans alike are paying these salaries in the cost of everything we buy in Pro Sports Television Advertising Revenue.  Don't get me wrong.  If I could get that kind of money, I would take it in a heartbeat. 

But how much is enough?  10 Years from now will some of these players sign Billion Dollar contracts, or will there eventually be some sort of a ceiling? 

Just thinking out loud.   

It's been ages, but, remember when A-Rod signed for $250M over 10 years?  There will ALWAYS be a team that will "show the money" if it is that important to them to get that player they covet.  For example - Talib's contract with Denver.  Say what?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Dear Vince,

We like you and respect you. We appreciate that you have kept your nose clean and have been a model citizen and family man. We are glad you have always been a Patriot and have appreciated your great play and paid you well for it.

Nothing lasts forever. You have come to the last leg of your journey. You are not a young elite bull in the trenches anymore. This is up to you. Stick with us and we'll stick with you. But if you think we're more loyal to you, you must be informed that, despite the appreciation we have you will never come before our loyalty to the New England Patriots.

Now stop this anal foolishness born of misplaced pride. Restructure, make some more bucks and see if you can still help us win football games. Go out like a champ who belongs somewhere, or cry like a fool in denial. The choice is yours.

Sincerely,

The fans

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Dear Vince,

We like you and respect you. We appreciate that you have kept your nose clean and have been a model citizen and family man. We are glad you have always been a Patriot and have appreciated your great play and paid you well for it.

Nothing lasts forever. You have come to the last leg of your journey. You are not a young elite bull in the trenches anymore. This is up to you. Stick with us and we'll stick with you. But if you think we're more loyal to you, you must be informed that, despite the appreciation we have you will never come before our loyalty to the New England Patriots.

Now stop this anal foolishness born of misplaced pride. Restructure, make some more bucks and see if you can still help us win football games. Go out like a champ who belongs somewhere, or cry like a fool in denial. The choice is yours.

Sincerely,

The fans

+2

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

adjust...we always do.........Can't say the Pats didn't want to keep him. He just wants more than they are willing to spend...How many Millions you need? Especially coming off that type of injury. Big letdown.

No.  He wants what the Patriots (previously) agreed to pay him.   Make players fight for every dime.  Work them like rented mules (look at Vince's play %, look at Nink and Jones, too, see a trend).  Mules gets hurt - maybe from over work, maybe because it just happens - time to cut pay. 

Amazing all the CEOs on this board taking the opportunity to lash out at Vince.  Yep, its a business, but let a guy who always gave 100% leave with some dignity.   If Vince is doing this as a matter of principal, not folding to demands for lower wages, he should be thanked for that.  Unless you guys aren't keeping track of what's going on in the world.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

No way The Patriots release him until the end of Camp! Or they have his replacement. He's just mad the Patriots paid Revis more than he gets.

If Vince is not willing to restructure, knowing that his cap hit is over $11mil. this season, the Pats should send him packing.

They certainly could use him. But, he's a 32 year old DT coming off a serious injury. I'd hate to see him go. But, he needs to play ball now, or go play ball with a new team. Hopefully, John Elway will be out of money, and won't be able to add him on...LOL!!! 

Makes one wonder:  Pats do release VW, he tests the waters and find not a team will come close to what he could have gotten from the Pats even with a restructured contract.  Will he come back with tail between his legs or burn the bridge and sign with another team?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

No one will pay this man 7.6 million or more coming off a torn achilles. Every smart (winning) team will low ball him because of the injury.

RESPONSE: The Jets might!

For once the Patriots are being pretty fair and the player is being ridiculous.

RESPONSE: For once??? Spare me!!

I mean even if a team gives him a 1 year "prove you're healthy" contract what happens after that...no one is going to sign a 35 year old 300lb DT to a big contract it just don't happen!

RESPONSE: I'll have to check on his age. ProFootballTalk.com has Vince at 31 years old. Actually, he's 32, and will turn 33 in November. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Vince is 32, he's also been living in the 400 lb area for a bit now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

No one will pay this man 7.6 million or more coming off a torn achilles. Every smart (winning) team will low ball him because of the injury.

RESPONSE: The Jets might!

For once the Patriots are being pretty fair and the player is being ridiculous.

RESPONSE: For once??? Spare me!!

I mean even if a team gives him a 1 year "prove you're healthy" contract what happens after that...no one is going to sign a 35 year old 300lb DT to a big contract it just don't happen!

RESPONSE: I'll have to check on his age. ProFootballTalk.com has Vince at 31 this year. I thought that he was 33. 

I believe Vince is 32 going to be 33 in Nov.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

You wouldn't be the first person to point out his wife calls the shots.

That seems to consensus in my circle at work. 

Seems to be pretty well known. Interesting the media doesn't touch the subject.

You don't mention something like this if you ever want to interview him!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think we are maybe seeing that big Vince wasn't quite the team player we all thought he was...been a few whispers of this over the years. I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but a talk show host last year (when asked about how much of a team guy he was), said he is, but not to the level everyone thinks...sounds true. Curran is also saying he thinks Wilfork has thin skin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Makes one wonder:  Pats do release VW, he tests the waters and find not a team will come close to what he could have gotten from the Pats even with a restructured contract.  Will he come back with tail between his legs or burn the bridge and sign with another team?

How much are the pats willing to pay him?

Sections
Shortcuts