Wilfork asks for Release from Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Wilfork asks for Release from Pats

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He asked for what the Pats should do anyway? Make it so, depending on the timing vs bonuses of course.

Looks like the to be 34 yo fat guy coming off a nasty injury is living in a dream world.

I did not think he was going to play again or play again at a level even close to his former self. It was just a matter of how things were going to unfold. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

He's listening to his wife--she's giving him bad advice.  He did this before and it worked, won't happen this time.  Maybe the Broncos will pick him up.

You wouldn't be the first person to point out his wife calls the shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

'So mote it be'  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Oblige him...give him his wish....He deserves to have his request fullfilled....

Then use that 7.5 to go get Allen...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

By not having him last year they got to see exactly what type of player they need to shore up the middle of that D..............unfortunately that player doesn't look like this......

Yeah, he looks like this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

Oblige him...give him his wish....He deserves to have his request fullfilled....

Then use that 7.5 to go get Allen...

BB's not paying Allen anything more than 3 million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He's listening to his wife--she's giving him bad advice.  He did this before and it worked, won't happen this time.  Maybe the Broncos will pick him up.

She wants the money.  Clothes are expensive and it is COLD in New England!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Wow.  Loyalty out the door, huh?  He still wants his money, I guess.

a pats fan seeking loyalty from players of a team that doesn't demonstrate it themselves? 

I am looking for a word to describe this.  Can anyone help me?

I got the impression VW REALLY like it in New England.  I guess he only does if the money is good.  I do understand it is business.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

To be fair, Vince isn't the first man to fall victim to a more feminine persuasion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

While he has been a great player for the Pats, I agree that it's time to release him. I doubt he gets 8-10 mil a year in the free agent market. He will probably get no more than 5 mil a year. Makes me wonder how much of a pay cut the Pats asked him to take. Maybe they should trade his contract to the Raiders, they can pay him 10 mil a year easily. Then we can turn around and sign his wife to replace him at DT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

When you let your ego get in the way of cold hard business decisions you will screw it up every time.

NOBODY in the NFL will pay Vince more than he would make here. And I guess sadly he will learn that the hard way.

If he ain't figured out how the business game of the NFL works by now he never will. So he'll get mad and cut off his nose to spite his face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

You wouldn't be the first person to point out his wife calls the shots.

That seems to consensus in my circle at work. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Did they show him loyality when they hard balled him for his contract? As I said BB burnt his negotiation bridges the way he hard nosed his approach to signing them. If you make them fight for every single last dime, why do you expect them to freely give them up?

But they have seemingly moved on from the restructure at this point. Why would he want his release unless he wants an extension?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

To be fair, Vince isn't the first man to fall victim to a more feminine persuasion.

LOL.. "which" persuasion is that?  (-;

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Idle speculation not based on anything: 

Is it possible that since apparently the Pats have not spoken to him in weeks is it possible that this is a ploy to get them back to the negotiating table?  I'm not advocating; I'm asking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

No way The Patriots release him until the end of Camp! Or they have his replacement. He's just mad the Patriots paid Revis more than he gets.

release him and denver and rexy will b all over that! bottom line he's not interested in losing $ or restructuring. doesnt want what happened last year be the cost of a reduction. vince should get his market value. so, we are stuck at $11m. revis is at $12m. oh well.. hope mankins has short memory. this may end up as a comical ty law situation with bianca and vince taking shots at bb and maybe krafty.. hey mankins did this and got his $.. elway gives everyone ice cream for breakfast, bb keeps his "plantation" very tight..

Denver can't afford to pay him what he's making this year, and if it were really about the money, he wouldn't take a cut for another team. He's welcome to go to NY, I think even Conolly and Wendell could body him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

But they have seemingly moved on from the restructure at this point. Why would he want his release unless he wants an extension?

He wants his release because he doesn't want to restructure his contract in any way.  He assumes this means the Patriots will cut him.  He wants it to be done sooner so that he can maximize the value of a potential new contract.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Did they show him loyality when they hard balled him for his contract? As I said BB burnt his negotiation bridges the way he hard nosed his approach to signing them. If you make them fight for every single last dime, why do you expect them to freely give them up?

#1 - no restructure

#2 - Still wants to get paid in spite of the injury and question marks following it.

#3 - Saw what happened when he wasn't in the middle when the Pats defend the run.

Therefore, thinks the team will still pay.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

When you let your ego get in the way of cold hard business decisions you will screw it up every time.

NOBODY in the NFL will pay Vince more than he would make here. And I guess sadly he will learn that the hard way.

If he ain't figured out how the business game of the NFL works by now he never will. So he'll get mad and cut off his nose to spite his face.

For some reason, I think you may be making assumptions you can't substantiate. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just saw thiese:

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran 20m

Patriots wanted to get Wilfork redone by Tuesday. Obviously, he has not and is resisting any notion of reducing pay and extending. (1 of 2)

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran 18m

Patriots ultimatum is he needs to take one with extension that drops '14 number and probably gives low-ball (to 75) salaries going forward

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If players think owners are loyal and owners think players are loyal....well...then neither one of them have learned much over the years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Wilfork has to ask himself............will he have a better chance of winning somewhere else?

Seattle/Denver maybe......but then who?

Unless Pats really lowballed him.....he shouldn't make this mistake, unless it's about the $$

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Sad about Vince, one of my personal favorites. But yes, many of you are totally right, his deal needed to be RE-done.

Now, Siliga played ok. I spect the patriots to now go and get a Stud at DE and double dip at DT during the draft (1st and 4th)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

or time for some PEPPER !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts