Wilfork Ends "Holdout"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Wilfork Ends "Holdout"

Can you really count it as a holdout if he didn't miss any mandatory time? I'm glad he's back and looks prepared to complete his obligations to the team, but what's the actual point of holding out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Re: Wilfork Ends "Holdout"

It's about the money.  I believe it said 500K somewhere.  The real barometer will be if he gives 100%.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No, it doesn't count.

It is just a shot across the bow. It is only a holdout if he skips mandatory activities and the club has to dock him pay.

Although I never really understood the 'holdout' in most circumstances in professional sports.

It isn't really a strike, because none of the other players 'holdout' with you. Part of this is that he has to realize that NE simply doesn't have the money against the cap to sign him right now, part is because he realizes it is only one more year in the rookie contract, and part because the addition of Brace gives NE less of a compelling reason to buckle as they have a real NT if he doesn't come to play.

Vince will play his heart out this season, he is a competitor of the nastiest variety, almost to a fault.

I hope he gets paid, but I hope the Pats are smart and stay firm on a market value for a NT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Can you really count it as a holdout if he didn't miss any mandatory time? I'm glad he's back and looks prepared to complete his obligations to the team, but what's the actual point of holding out?
    Posted by PatsChowder

Follow you on twitter? Isn't that the new technology for people who's egos are so big they actually think others care what their every thought is?

Thanks for the noncontroversial 'holdout'. Wilfork clearly stated he will not allow contract negotiations to affect his season. Don't let the fact that a lot of the vets skip mini camps get in your way.

Sections
Shortcuts